Texture Pack Terraria Chinese Sprites Edition

Where did you get these? I can't find anything about it online.
i found them on the spriter's resource! sorry for taking so long to get a reply out, but the terraria section on the spriter's resource (a website that posts a TON of sprite sheets for a variety of games) had these chinese mobile sprites all contained in one zip. from there, i had to go through the sprites and rename or resize them in order to fit them properly into a texture pack

the spriter's resource also has the console and mobile exclusive sprites, and i assume thats where mods like consolaria found them!

i found them on the spriter's resource! sorry for taking so long to get a reply out, but the terraria section on the spriter's resource (a website that posts a TON of sprite sheets for a variety of games) had these chinese mobile sprites all contained in one zip. from there, i had to go through the sprites and rename or resize them in order to fit them properly into a texture pack

the spriter's resource also has the console and mobile exclusive sprites, and i assume thats where mods like consolaria found them!
Thanks for telling me, I never would have thought to look there!
There are a lot more sprites in there that I might be able to find to use for.

Nice job on getting noticed by @Gameraiders101, though I did find this post before that happened. The sprites look quite nice.
yeah seeing his video on it was pretty surreal
im really pumped to start changing new things to fit the theme of no gore because of the video as he showed a lot of content that was still gorey but hadnt been changed, and changing them to fit the texture pack dounds like a fun experience

so if you're like me, you also had entirely no idea that the chinese mobile edition of terraria has a vastly different set of sprites than the usual base game

after i learned of this all of 12 hours ago i have made it my mission to port these sprites into a texture pack for all to enjoy
and (after a grueling process of wanting to die after having to go through every single sprite because most of them were 2 pixels too tall or too wide and if the image isnt the exact same dimensions it doesn't work) it is finally complete

some of the sprites needed to be touched up a bit, but those are just to keep things consistent
make sure to let me know of any inconsistencies that you find within this, as i would be more than happy to fix them!

a few in-game examples of the changes (the most visual of which are of course the bosses)

sorry for the bad quality on some of them
View attachment 279039
there are also a pretty large amount of paintings that were changed, here are two of them with the flesh block set!

please let me know of anything you think would also need to be changed to fit this kind of texture pack!

MAJOR CREDITS TO THE CHINESE DEVELOPERS FOR THE CREATION OF NEARLY ALL OF THESE SPRITES! (except some banners and the flesh toilet)
i'm unsure if this is in any sort of grey area of being allowed, but i sure hope that there isn't a problem with this pack's existence

huge thanks to gameraiders101 for making a video showcasing this!
I love this alot!
Will you maybe make custom gore sprites tho?
Kinda weird to see the bosses revert back to normal after being killed...

I love this alot!
Will you maybe make custom gore sprites tho?
Kinda weird to see the bosses revert back to normal after being killed...
custom gore is something that i thought about quite often while looking through the sprites and not seeing any gore changes
i would like to try it, but holy hell would that be a pretty daunting task
i think that i will probably start on it at some point, though!

As far as I know, Chinese laws about about gore and bones are really strict. Things that are considered mild by other countries standards are changed there.
Path of Exile, a very gory game, had its bloody zombies changed to crystal zombies (the models looks well done, and I'm a sucker for crystal monsters, I wish they'd introduce them as new enemies...).
I wonder why skeletron still has blood flying out of his 3 body parts

custom gore is something that i thought about quite often while looking through the sprites and not seeing any gore changes
i would like to try it, but holy hell would that be a pretty daunting task
i think that i will probably start on it at some point, though!
Okie!
If you decide to do it then take your time! ^w^

Okie!
If you decide to do it then take your time! ^w^
i definitely think that it's going to be started on soon. look forward to it!

I wonder why skeletron still has blood flying out of his 3 body parts
in the chinese mobile version of the game the particles that fly out are actually blue bubble-looking things
i might make that change actually, as it seems like it would go well with some of the other bosses' effects

that's fine! i'm just confused, are you trying to ask about the textures that were removed? or if this works elsewhere?
NO!!!! im askin is are the other textures that doesnt have PC on it......will work in pc

NO!!!! im askin is are the other textures that doesnt have PC on it......will work in pc
try as i might i don't really understand. these textures work on the pc version of terraria and the texture pack download is for the pc version of terraria

Back
Top Bottom