Terraria Comic Book from DC Comics is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get it but I'm saving for something else.;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1455678625,1455678506][/DOUBLEPOST]How about send one copy to every terraria player in the world

Considering Terraria has sold over 10 million copies; production of the paper comics itself would run millions, not to mention shipping and tracking people down, even in the US alone, where shipping is around $5. That is just a completely impossible scenario, a charity which would probably completely bankrupt Relogic.

Ultimately, Relogic and Terraria are business and a product respectively. They make a heck of a lot of free update content, but there is no way to be sustainable if everything they make is just given away for free. It costs money to make these things; if there is no money being made off of them, its impossible to make them and continue as a company.

The good: How awesome for Re-Logic to get their own line of comics. :) I take it there will be more?
The bad: Those figurines... they look bland and/or aimed for 3-year olds. LEGO figurines have more detail to them. :\ Can't really sugarcoat it, sorry. /disappointment
Still hoping for some detailed action figures/statues of all the ingame characters someday.
I take it the comics are also written for very young children, seeing the toys that accompany it?
Edit: I clicked the link and saw Babies 'R Us, so that answers that I guess.

Not every Terraria player is a toddler. Game is too grizzly for that by the way.
I'm hoping for more mature stuff in the future! ;)

I take it the comics are also written for very young children, seeing the toys that accompany it?

I think that is not the case; it looks almost like the toys and the comics got a cross-promotion, as the comic was a good bit more serious. Not going to pretend it was ultra-serious adult level reading, but it wasn't "little kid" comics by any measure.

I'd say the comic is aimed at Terraria's general audience level (i.e., teen) while the toys are a big younger (5-10). I actually wouldn't say the toys themselves are for very, very young children, as they come with quite a few small parts, and the playset is surprisingly complex.

EDIT: The websites selling the playset indicate its recommended for 6 and up, so that's the age range on those. Still comfortable placing the comic at young teen or older.

I can definitely agree with Leinfors here, the toys are an unfortunate crossover. (Going to plug my review again)

-- Anywho, I definitely concur with Gotcha! on the figurine subject. I actually did hint on this.

I think that is not the case; it looks almost like the toys and the comics got a cross-promotion, as the comic was a good bit more serious. Not going to pretend it was ultra-serious adult level reading, but it wasn't "little kid" comics or anything of the sort.
Hmm, it's a bit odd to mix them together in my opinion. It's like a Family Package. Something for the mom and dad and something for the kids.
And that works out great... if you have kids. :p

And that works out great... if you have kids. :p

I mean, everyone can enjoy a Terraria toy or two.

Pasta.jpg

They go great as pasta seasonings.

well, here goes nothin'

DC comics. *ding*
That Terraria logo is wrong. *ding*
The Eater of Worlds is not that huge. *ding*
and he's not that Dangerous as he looks like on the cover. *ding*
why are there 2 Eater of Worlds? *ding*
of all the Bosses you could have picked... you choose that. *ding*
that Silver armor guy is just Ignoring the Eater of Worlds and runs to the right. *ding*

atleast the Dryad looks a bit the the Eater of Worlds before running off to the right. *ding*
why is that silver armor guy nearly in a T-Position? it's just weird... *ding*
you are going to tell me that this entire building (or even city) empty is? or is just noone caring about a Giant worm destroying it? *ding*
"Based on the hit Video Game" [typically CinemaSins laugh] *ding*
that background is lie, there are no Mountain biomes in Terraria. *ding*
...wait, where the heck is the Light-source? i see shadows going in every direction! *ding*

uhh... anything i missed?
currently 13 sins.

well, here goes nothin'

DC comics. *ding*
that Silver armor guy is just Ignoring the Eater of Worlds and runs to the right. *ding*

atleast the Dryad looks a bit the the Eater of Worlds before running off to the right. *ding*
you are going to tell me that this entire building (or even city) empty is? or is just noone caring about a Giant worm destroying it? *ding*
...wait, where the heck is the Light-source? i see shadows going in every direction! *ding*

currently 13 sins.
It`s Platinum not Silver armor.

well, here goes nothin'

DC comics. *ding*

currently 13 sins.
Most of your arguments here can be justified with "it's not the actual game, it's just a comic book, just the cover of one even, things won't be 100 percent accurate to the game, no matter what."

If it really wanted to be completely accurate with the game, it would be done in sprite art, the Dryad wouldn't be following Alistair, and the Eater of Worlds wouldn't be on the cover because they belong in the Corruption. But how the heck do you make an interesting cover photo with just a pixel guy wearing platinum armor standing in the middle of the town? You don't.

Sorry if this came off as rude, but people who hate on things based on video games because they're not copying every detail about the video games, really annoys me.

well, here goes nothin'

DC comics. *ding*

currently 13 sins.

- Better DC than an unknown one *ding*
- There are at least three versions of Terraria Logo, from what I recall *ding*
- Nope, it's MONSTEROUS *ding*
- Come unprepared and you'll get rekt *ding*
- Eye? Lame-o and damn easy. Skeletron? Odokuro, generic. Eater of Worlds? Last I seen something vaguely similar was when playing Ys. *ding*
- Ever heard of "circle strafing"? *ding* And you can't see his LEFT eye... Only his right. And his right eye is "looking to left", which hints he is either looking forward or LEFT THROUGH THE CORNER OF HIS EYES! *ding* *ding*
-- I assume you did not. *ding*
- Because it is a generic stance? ... Castlevania? ... No "ding" for you here.
- Could be an abandoned/ghost town. Use logic and imagination. Or may have been evacuated EARLIER *ding*
- Minecraft had it worse if you consider Telltale's game. *ding*
- You never encountered a mountain in Terraria? AHAHAHAHA *ding* *ding* *ding*
- Have two light sources, then you have two shadows. Either that or one of them is Vashta Nerada. Two dings for forgetting basics. *ding* *ding*

16 sins. I will give you one for free. *ding* 17 now. Happy? No?

Then don't be such a harsh critic, try to enjoy things and find points where they can improve.

For one... The colors falls too "flat", doesn't feel like something of DC. It was probably made in "Flat Colors" as they had to present an acceptable concept of cover art. Who knows, it might get improvements or not... And covers doesn't always tell the truth. Let's remember of Mega Man 2, NES games covers, some SNES game covers, Master System's and my all time favorite: Phalanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom