Terraria Coming To Nintendo Switch in 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's a physical copy, there better be artwork in the inside of it. Splatoon 2 and LoZ BoTW had this and if Terraria doesn't have it, I'm gonna be pissed.

I have a very important question that will determine whether or not i buy this game,

Can you port Wii U worlds and characters to the Nintendo Switch version?

It'd be nice to have some idea if it's still on track. We haven't had an update for seven months...
The main priority right now is getting 1.3 on consoles. Since 1.3 is said to be on the Switch version, they'll have to pull off the first said task.

with it being November now, what's the update on the Switch version? Q1 2018 seems more likely than it dropping next month...
Unofficially*, that seems likely and reasonable to assume. The console update has taken longer than expected and that's the priority now. There's also a promised mobile update to throw into the mix.

In Tuesday's Pipeworks stream, the subject of the Switch version came up, with no real news except that "they're working on it but console (XB1/PS4) is the push right now." The developer who was playing during the stream mentioned that he disliked developing for the Switch (make of that what you will, I think it was simply a personal opinion). But I've also heard grumblings from devs on other games on other forums about the Switch being "difficult".

I also found this news this morning about third-party Switch games being space hogs, and am left wondering what that means for Terraria.
https://kotaku.com/third-party-nintendo-switch-games-are-so-damn-big-1820058797

*these are just my opinions, I have no specific knowledge about current progress on Terraria for Switch

The core code (which will be first seen on PS4/X1) has to be finished before it can be shifted over to the other platforms (mobile/switch). While work is going on in parallel on those other platforms, to be sure, the core foundation needs to solidify before they can really be pushed forward at full speed (that and moving a good bit of the resources currently on console over to those for that push).

Planning to sit down with the PW team and get a sense for what is what and when once Console is all wrapped up (at least for the 1.3 launch). Will make sure there is an update on timing for everything once that is done - but that is the laser-like focus right now, getting that core code done and fixed/stable.

Not sure on the file size thing for Switch, I will ask when the time comes, though.

Well, I hope that the progress proceeds smoothly and the team at PW can keep the filesize from bloating like other third party companies did.

Keep us updated as news is ready to come out, ReLogic and Pipeworks teams!

Unofficially*, that seems likely and reasonable to assume. The console update has taken longer than expected and that's the priority now. There's also a promised mobile update to throw into the mix.

In Tuesday's Pipeworks stream, the subject of the Switch version came up, with no real news except that "they're working on it but console (XB1/PS4) is the push right now." The developer who was playing during the stream mentioned that he disliked developing for the Switch (make of that what you will, I think it was simply a personal opinion). But I've also heard grumblings from devs on other games on other forums about the Switch being "difficult".

I also found this news this morning about third-party Switch games being space hogs, and am left wondering what that means for Terraria.
https://kotaku.com/third-party-nintendo-switch-games-are-so-damn-big-1820058797

*these are just my opinions, I have no specific knowledge about current progress on Terraria for Switch
What do you mean by “third party” games? Games that Nintendo don’t publish or what?

OMG THE ONLY CONSOLE I HAVE IS THE NINTENDO SWICH AND I ALWAYS WANTED TERRARIA TO BE THERE THANK U NINTENDO AND TERRARIA IM LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[doublepost=1509922512,1509922460][/doublepost]:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is there going to be physical copies of the Terraria Switch Version? I am mainly asking in relation to European/UK and other areas in the PAL regions, because I have only ever seen 1 copy of Terraria for the ps4 about 2 years ago

Loved this game for years and still do!!!Recently tried modding Thorium and Calamity are enough to make you want to start a new character.I am now waiting patiently for my copy for the switch!!Btw great art @Crowno,sooo surreal.
[doublepost=1510660488,1510660398][/doublepost]
Is there going to be physical copies of the Terraria Switch Version? I am mainly asking in relation to European/UK and other areas in the PAL regions, because I have only ever seen 1 copy of Terraria for the ps4 about 2 years ago

I really hope so I wouldnt mind a cartridge and a game case for this beautiful game.

I really hope so I wouldnt mind a cartridge and a game case for this beautiful game.
I think more people are going to want it just because of concerns over the small amount of storage space the Switch has. Granted Terraria is a tiny game by comparison to say, Skyrim or DOOM, but every little bit adds up for some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom