Terraria Coming To Nintendo Switch in 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Probably the Zappinator as well as the Hero's/Plumber's outfits being the official colors
2. It will be PC 1.3, all versions that go forward for Switch/PS4/XBOne are going to be the PC version, as their code's being built from the ground up to run the PC version's code.
3. See 1
Thx for basically Saying what i already did xD
and also. the Outfits got their Original Colors on PC and all other Nintendo-Versions of Terraria. So i wouldn't count it as "Exclusive Items".

But i like ma Horse D:
also... wait
you Can't get the Horse on the Plateau, because there is no Way up except Teleporting.
I am saying to take a selfie with one of the guardians off the plateau, you know, the moving ones. Then you can use your horse >:)

Nintendo will charge a hefty price on Switch. Cmon it's Nintendo we're talking about.

According to Reggie in an interview he did today, it's the developers/publishers that decide what price to sell their games at. Slightly contradictory to what I was told here when I was asking about the 3DS version's ludicrous price, but what can ya do...

That art is....in a word - amazing. 11/10 Crowno, you have outdone yourself.

Excited to finally be able to confirm the Switch news as well. :cool:
ign-"too detailed" 4/10
jk.
This art is way better! than the lame, box art today.

Don't care to have this again - but since you are implying untoward things: That is what one might refer to as a "technically correct, but pragmatically false" statement.

One might consider that it's exactly as you were told before: games are priced with strong "advice" based on other titles considered to be "comparable". Unless you think it's an accident that games tend to gravitate to certain price points on each platform.

I get that you take issue with the 3ds port - some points being quite valid - but the "relative price" argument holds no more weight now than it ever has. (See: the countless times we have discussed the "just because Re-Logic didn't raise the price over time ala Minecraft doesn't suddenly render anything that costs more somehow a bad value")

Otherwise we are back into that same chat. You are free to believe as you wish, as always...just as anyone is free to evaluate the value of a thing versus its price and decide if they feel it's worth their hard earned cash. Now, back on topic, shall we? :)

I still blame Nintendo..and I do because Pokémon games from mega years ago are still priced around 30 bucks..that's something ONLY Nintendo does. Not complaining as Terraria is worth it on ANY device.

You mean a Guardian Stalker...
But i have to decline that, I won't go though that Suffering...
Oh come on, its not that bad, right?
I kid, of course. Those guys are a pain to deal with. They are literally everywhere, in the most random places too.

Hello Terrarians!

Yesterday, we confirmed that Terraria will be launching on Nintendo Switch in 2017. We are very excited to open up Terraria to new users and to be part of the great group of 'Nindies' coming to Nintendo Switch! We've received a lot of questions, and can confirm that, at launch Terraria for Switch will be at least version 1.3. We'll share more details later down the road, but couldn't wait to let everyone know, Terraria will be on Switch!

Our friends at Pipeworks Studio are still hard at work on 1.3 for console and mobile. And, we are still on track to launch 1.3 on PS4 and Xbox One during Q2 this year :) To further get you excited about Terraria on Switch - and for the big updates coming to PS4/XB1 and Mobile later this year, we thought we would give you a sneak peek at our new in-progress Console box art revamp, hand drawn by Re-Logic's very own @Crowno!

As always, THANKS for your support! We're looking forward to some great things, so stay tuned :)
Ok, first off (no h8 m8) i think terraria first need to be focused about the more important. The launch of 1.3 on CONSOLE. So i dont get it why you already start with NintSwitch. As i said no hate.
[doublepost=1489270390,1489269964][/doublepost]Does any of you guys know, when the 2th Quarter of 2017 is?

I ended up getting to try the Nintendo Switch and I was completely impressed. The system itself is EVERYTHING the Playstation Vita should've been when it comes to controls. The Switch will be a perfect alternative to buying a super high grade laptop for playing Terraria. Just playing the new Zelda was a blast.

Cant wait for version 1.3 on mobile.When it will be release?
[doublepost=1489306038,1489305992][/doublepost]Cant wait for version 1.3 on mobile.When it will be release?

Attachments

• IMG_0159.PNG
    IMG_0159.PNG
    405.2 KB · Views: 216
Cant wait for version 1.3 on mobile.When it will be release?
[doublepost=1489306038,1489305992][/doublepost]Cant wait for version 1.3 on mobile.When it will be release?
Nobody knows they said mobile gets it after Console. And Console will release in Q2 so maybe Q3. Not really sure.

Switch would count as console I think but still. The Switch has enough power to run 1.3 so effectively it makes killing the Moon Lord EVERYWHERE possible. That being said I wonder how the battery life of the system will be while playing Terraria outside of the dock. I don't think it'll drain that much.

I wonder if the game supports touchscreen in portable mode?
That would be great, even if it couldn't be used on TV mode, building using a touchscreen is always awesome

Switch would count as console I think but still. The Switch has enough power to run 1.3 so effectively it makes killing the Moon Lord EVERYWHERE possible. That being said I wonder how the battery life of the system will be while playing Terraria outside of the dock. I don't think it'll drain that much.
In this case, no it doesn't count as console and if, they needed to build terraria in switch again while working on console that will be a huge problem.

I don't think they'd use mobile as a base when the Switch can handle the full console experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom