Terraria Coming To Nintendo Switch in 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda has always been a pretty consistent series for Nintendo, though not all of them have piqued my interest over the years.

LoZ 2 on NES is probably going to be my favorite of all time, even though it is by far the most different in the series and it doesn't get the respect it deserves because of that.

A link to the past (SNES) is probably the one I spent the most time playing (next to LoZ2) and I have a lot of fond memories of several playthroughs back in the day trying to see and do everything the game had to offer. Nostalgia was one of the big reasons why I bought 3D Dot Game heroes on PS3.

Majora's Mask and Ocarina of time are both great games.

I never finished Twilight Princess.

Never even bought Skyward Sword or WindWaker. Neither of them were very appealing to me. I hate the art direction of WW tbh.

Breath of the Wild looks pretty amazing, and it's definitely going to help push sales of the Switch. There isn't really anything special yet to make me want to jump on it.

I need Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Nintendo needs to get off their butts and do something good with the Metroid franchise after they missed out on any Metroid game for Wii U.

I don't even have a Wii U either. The only game I can think of that I really wanted for it was Xenoblade Chronicles X. Nintendo just doesn't really cater to Core gamers, and they haven't done so in years.

Hello Terrarians!

Yesterday, we confirmed that Terraria will be launching on Nintendo Switch in 2017. We are very excited to open up Terraria to new users and to be part of the great group of 'Nindies' coming to Nintendo Switch! We've received a lot of questions, and can confirm that, at launch Terraria for Switch will be at least version 1.3. We'll share more details later down the road, but couldn't wait to let everyone know, Terraria will be on Switch!

Our friends at Pipeworks Studio are still hard at work on 1.3 for console and mobile. And, we are still on track to launch 1.3 on PS4 and Xbox One during Q2 this year :) To further get you excited about Terraria on Switch - and for the big updates coming to PS4/XB1 and Mobile later this year, we thought we would give you a sneak peek at our new in-progress Console box art revamp, hand drawn by Re-Logic's very own @Crowno!

As always, THANKS for your support! We're looking forward to some great things, so stay tuned :)

I have one question, what in the world is Q2?

I hate the art direction of WW tbh.
Breath of the Wild goes with the WW art style.
it was Cute in WW, and in BotW they made it... mroe Mature i would say.

Also if there is one Thing Nintendo does great, that would be Local Multiplayer.
every Console tehy made (except the Eariest) had Great ways to just Sit on a Couch and Play.
No-one Turns down a Round of Mario Kart :D

Breath of the Wild goes with the WW art style.
it was Cute in WW, and in BotW they made it... mroe Mature i would say.

Also if there is one Thing Nintendo does great, that would be Local Multiplayer.
every Console tehy made (except the Eariest) had Great ways to just Sit on a Couch and Play.
No-one Turns down a Round of Mario Kart :D

I'm talking beyond the cell shaded style. Artistic direction in WW was too childish and cartoony. BotW is nothing like that. As you put it, it's more "mature"

I'm talking beyond the cell shaded style. Artistic direction in WW was too childish and cartoony. BotW is nothing like that. As you put it, it's more "mature"
as far as i know BotW is only Based on the WW Art Style, and then their Threw more Polygons on it.
a lot of People don't like WW for it's Art Style. i like it, it fits Perfectly. :c

But oh well. I assume when they got a ETA for Terraria it will land on the Main Page.
So i'll sit here and wait, taking Selfies with Guardians as they Shoot at me.

With the Nintendo Switch being such a fail at launch with so many units having serious issues, Terraria on the switch probably won't be a "thing" until Nintendo can pull their finger out and fix the problems that should have been addressed with their prototype units / Alpha units.

Terraria on any platform is a godsend and I'm happy to see the game move forward rather than coming to a complete standstill, let's just hope that Terraria on the Switch is a good experience and not a negative one.

With the Nintendo Switch being such a fail at launch with so many units having serious issues, Terraria on the switch probably won't be a "thing" until Nintendo can pull their finger out and fix the problems that should have been addressed with their prototype units / Alpha units.

Terraria on any platform is a godsend and I'm happy to see the game move forward rather than coming to a complete standstill, let's just hope that Terraria on the Switch is a good experience and not a negative one.

It's hard to tell if it is "fail" or not. It sold a lot of units, which in one sense is a success, but has also received some complaints as well. Many people don't have any issues at all, but those that do will of course be more vocal. We don't know how many people actually have these issues? 1% of the owners? 10%? Higher, lower? My switch hasn't had many issues at all, controllers have never desynced, no pixels lost, no scratches. Some are in the same situation as me, so whether the console as a whole is a fail or not, we don't know. No console this generation has released without it's fair share of issues and news articles bashing them in the beginning

I'd love to see you try this with one of the guardians off the plateau. Make sure to get the horse in on the action as well!
But i like ma Horse D:
also... wait
you Can't get the Horse on the Plateau, because there is no Way up except Teleporting.

It's been a while since I've been on the forums. I'm pretty exited for Terraria on the Switch. I might just go and buy one.
[doublepost=1489006665,1489006602][/doublepost]Although, the Switch is what the Wii U should have been (not trying to hate. No offense to any Nintendo fans out there).

1. Will there be any consol exclusive items.
2. What version will the platform run on. For instance 3ds version runs on the mobile version.
3. Will the hero's/plumber's outfit be like that of pc or the alternate colors.
1. Probably the Zappinator as well as the Hero's/Plumber's outfits being the official colors
2. It will be PC 1.3, all versions that go forward for Switch/PS4/XBOne are going to be the PC version, as their code's being built from the ground up to run the PC version's code.
3. See 1

The Switch hasn't been a fail. Just like every other console launch, there've been defective units. My console is fine. It's actually sold fairly well.

Hopefully Terraria performs well on the system. Though, I don't think it's entirely fair to say Nintendo are the ones that need to pull their fingers out. Terraria on 3DS, developed by CodeGlue, was shocking. Constant crashes, very old version, tiny worlds, no multiplayer, more bugs than a rainforest, YET had the highest price of any version.

ReLogic/505/Whoever used the 3DS' lack of power as their excuse (doesn't excuse the price), but the Switch is much more powerful than a 3DS.

If the Switch version is lacking features or is unnecessarily more expensive than other versions... then they shouldn't expect great sales. So far they've confirmed it'll be at least 1.3, which is awesome. We'll see though. Hopefully everything turns out okay. :)

imo they should refund everyone on 3DS with a free Switch version lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom