Terraria Coming To Nintendo Switch in 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am glad that it is coming out for switch because it gives me another platform to play terraria on
[doublepost=1493217032,1493216966][/doublepost]
I have a question about the Switch version of Terraria (if it can be answered). Will it run at 60fps?
i think it will be very likely

Will I have to purchase the online services in order to play Terraria online? I've never owned a console where you have to pay for online before

Will I have to purchase the online services in order to play Terraria online? I've never owned a console where you have to pay for online before

Nintendo is not charging for their online until fall sometime... free for now, but who knows when terraria will be out for the switch. might be paid online by then.

Nintendo is not charging for their online until fall sometime... free for now, but who knows when terraria will be out for the switch. might be paid online by then.
i'm guessing that you're gonna need a nintendo network ID, just like the wii u

You do need I.D. it is free for now to make one, but is eventually going to be a paid sub like xbox live, or ps4.

So... I've got a message to the mods and the devs. You know all those thousands of people that bought the glitchy mess that was the 3DS version? ...Do we get a free update to the Switch version? Or at very least a [substantial] discount? I'm willing to bet this is a huge 'No, we want your money yet again', but I'm willing to hear what you guys have to say.

I'm a fairly reasonable person but I don't feel like I've been treated fairly. I waited patiently for YEARS for a release on Nintendo... then I get the 3DS version. A game that barely worked at the best of times. A game that, in the words of the original Terraria developers themselves, shouldn't have ever happened in the first place. Even now it's completely broken. I'm afraid to even play the game on fear of it corrupting. (I have previously played for over 200 hours, and then my file to refused to load - not only that but there's a HUGE amount of people reporting the same thing)

You guys know that the game [on 3DS] is horrible. The developers don't even have the balls to talk to us anymore. You know that you should put customer satisfaction first - and offer us jaded fans the chance for a free Switch version - after being treated so poorly. We paid the most money to be shafted the hardest. If you can honestly defend the 3DS version, then, please... I'd love to hear it. Truth is, it is a disgusting, expensive mess, and everyone that bought it at very least deserves the Switch version for free.

You're a multi million dollar company now, too. Please, be nice to your fans. If it wasn't for us, you'd be nothing.

Thank you. :)

So... I've got a message to the mods and the devs. You know all those thousands of people that bought the glitchy mess that was the 3DS version? ...Do we get a free update to the Switch version? Or at very least a [substantial] discount? I'm willing to bet this is a huge 'No, we want your money yet again', but I'm willing to hear what you guys have to say.

I'm a fairly reasonable person but I don't feel like I've been treated fairly. I waited patiently for YEARS for a release on Nintendo... then I get the 3DS version. A game that barely worked at the best of times. A game that, in the words of the original Terraria developers themselves, shouldn't have ever happened in the first place. Even now it's completely broken. I'm afraid to even play the game on fear of it corrupting. (I have previously played for over 200 hours, and then my file to refused to load - not only that but there's a HUGE amount of people reporting the same thing)

You guys know that the game [on 3DS] is horrible. The developers don't even have the balls to talk to us anymore. You know that you should put customer satisfaction first - and offer us jaded fans the chance for a free Switch version - after being treated so poorly. We paid the most money to be shafted the hardest. If you can honestly defend the 3DS version, then, please... I'd love to hear it. Truth is, it is a disgusting, expensive mess, and everyone that bought it at very least deserves the Switch version for free.

You're a multi million dollar company now, too. Please, be nice to your fans. If it wasn't for us, you'd be nothing.

Thank you. :)

Dude this is getting so old. Every time I look at the twitter or the forums, there is someone complaining that the devs should be working for free. First of all, Terraria is very reasonably priced for such an amazing experience. I have purchased a copy for PC, xbox 360, xbox one, ps4, 3ds, and mobile, and will purchase it for any platform they are kind enough to port it to. Second, they have given us years of free updates, patches, and dlc since 2011, at no cost. Name another game company that has that kind of commitment to their fan base. Sorry mods that I put this in the forum, I hate to be rude in any way, but it is getting very hard to chew this nonsense. grrrrr!

@BONESAW214 Completely agree with you there! Re-Logic clearly doesn't care about money, (even if they slightly do, they have probably made millions from Terraria by now, its wildly popular!) and instead, focuses on their fans, by supplying free updates which have loads of thought put into them, as well as even ACTIVELY listening to suggestions from the community! Seriously, developers as open-minded as Re-Logic are few and far between! The developers are always willing to bring up concerns with the community! Also, @Termina Moon , keep in mind, Re-Logic doesn't develop the console versions, and I'm sure the team that worked for the 3DS version are long gone. The new console developers (Pipeworks studios) seem much more into developing Terraria for consoles, as you can see in their Terraria live streams! Don't judge all version of Terraria based on one bad experience. The 3DS was probably very difficult to develop for, seeing as how weak the system is.

I think 3ds is ok based on limitations. I mean it is still fun if youre on the go and cannot play the full pc experience. it is a lot like mobile. anyway if you know anything about console capability, it is adequate none the less. I also agree that the devs are constantly in the forum chat, and on twitter. They do reply to almost anyone showing interest in their work. So him saying that the devs run from their questions probably mean that they are being rude, or demanding. again GRRRR! lol
[doublepost=1494627382,1494627227][/doublepost]Seriously cannot wait for switch version tho.. and console 1.3. I have complete faith in Pipeworks! I love Terraria sooo much!

The 3DS version isn't the best, but its still decent. I'm hyped for the switch edition because it will likely run just like the PC version (look, and perform just as well, only difference being the controls), as well as you being able to take it with you! The definitive version of console Terraria! I hope Pipeworks really does a great job, they seem to be doing well so far! I have over 4K hours in Terraria, definitely gonna buy this as well, even though I mainly play on PC!

@Termina Moon You are right. Devs did fail us big time. I'm disappointed. One youtuber made series about Terraria 3ds. He stopped playing, because the saves got corrupted. So much potential, but codeglue was lazy this time.

@BONESAW214 You don't listen to sense. You buy the game even if it's broken, because it has name "Terraria"? Yeah, that's genius. :sigh:
Okay you can argue that the "dlc" (updates) is free, but the game is still broken. These devs don't give any news about the 3ds.
It's been a freaking months and still nothing. I can accept if they said "Okay guys we didn't do a good job on the 3ds port. We don't update the game anymore (3ds), so please don't spam our twitter" I don't need my money back or free nintendo switch version of the game, but i wan't some news.

Mods i know this wasn't on the "3ds thread" but honestly i don't care, because the devs don't seem to care to give us some news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom