Terraria Coming To Nintendo Switch in 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm not sure if anyone else is looking at this thread, but it is 2018, no Terraria for switch. Could someone reply to me when the new release date is coming? I hope it doesn't get delayed again.
Best update is a few months after the hotfixes for PS4/XB1 are completed. They have said they will have more news about mobile and Switch soon. I think they plan on releasing both about the same time. By my estimates you're looking at somewhere around 3-6 months from now.

Please tell me we’ll have custom button mapping when this comes out.
The ABXY buttons for the Wii U had different placement than the Xbox One, so this led to confusing and uncomfortable controls. It seems like this is the case for the Switch again (but at least the right thumb stick is placed lower), so I’d love to have custom button mapping.

Please tell me we’ll have custom button mapping when this comes out.
The ABXY buttons for the Wii U had different placement than the Xbox One, so this led to confusing and uncomfortable controls. It seems like this is the case for the Switch again (but at least the right thumb stick is placed lower), so I’d love to have custom button mapping.
The 1.3 update on PS4 currently has remappable buttons.

slightly unrelated, but i see that developers are commenting on things like this as if they have never seen it before
they probally know something more about these things

I'm wondering how the Switch will handle 1.3 on the go. I had the dream for the Vita version but alas Vita isn't strong enough to handle the power of 1.3. Switch will take up the task just fine :)

Personally, I don't expect any concrete date announcements soon.
Because by now they should have gained experience from the way
their communication of the progress, of the recently launched 1.3
version for consoles, differed from the real progress they made.
They were very eager but most probably faced a lot of challenges
which were hard to overcome and led to delays.

I definitely prefer them keeping a low profile until they know
for sure when they can deliver the Switch version, instead of
raising unrealistic expectations.

I vividly remember all their YouTube videos from last year.
It basically went like this for months and months:

"Hey, 1.3 is going to launch very soon."

... weeks later...
"Hey, we're still at it and it's going to launch soon."

... weeks later...
"Hey, we're still at it. It's going to be so awesome,
once we launch it. Most probably soon."

... weeks later...
"Hey,...bla... awesome... soon..."

... etc...

... etc...

I know, it is lying, its 2018 madda :red:ers, and still no nentendo switch terraria, tf?
my face when terraria didn't release one switch
da2.png

So, (not trying to be mean) when will we have a release date? We have recently seen the constant delays with PS and XBox one 1.3 update dates, so I am just unsure how you guys are going to tell us the new release date. Are you guys unsure or are you not going to tell us to save us the disappointment IF it does get delayed?

Once again not trying to be mean.
It may look like criticism, but it’s not. You guys made one of the best games of all time on console.

If you can, please give us a new release date. Even an estimate would be great.

Thanks!

The devs have stated they will start porting for the Switch and mobile after they finish hotfixing the PS4/XB1 versions of the game. I'd say you're looking at around 4-6 months from now at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom