Terraria Completionism

Do the honey lava and water pipes run all the way from the capitol to the green dungoun?

Do the honey lava and water pipes run all the way from the capitol to the green dungoun?
I thought of doing that but decided against it.

In lore the pipes in the Green Dungeon would go somewhere underground where the Precursors had their own liquid generators, but this is all out of sight in the background somewhere.

We are back!!

Just added Part 10 - Sky Factory. This was a pretty massive build. Enjoy!
Wow! This is, indeed, massive. Not only that, but also amazing. I really love what you did with the actuated rain cloud blocks. That's a cool effect I'll have to keep in mind for future builds.

Wow! This is, indeed, massive. Not only that, but also amazing. I really love what you did with the actuated rain cloud blocks. That's a cool effect I'll have to keep in mind for future builds.

Thanks. What effect are you referring to specifically? The actuated rain cloud blocks in crates?

The detail in the sky factory is amazing. I'm wondering if there should be a fallen star collection platform.
That was an idea, but a useful collection platform would have to be super long and hence not very aesthetic.

That said though I keep noticing things I should've added. Like I realized what would be cool is a room that contains all the different kind of Slimes all in crates or cages - all Bubble blocks painted different colors. I plan on adding something like this in a later Precursor build however.

That said though I keep noticing things I should've added. Like I realized what would be cool is a room that contains all the different kind of Slimes all in crates or cages - all Bubble blocks painted different colors. I plan on adding something like this in a later Precursor build however.

Well, you could probably put some random boxes full of said Slimes in the upper levels of the Green Dungeon. That is a storage area after all. Or perhaps near one of the villages or the Party Tree? After all, gel is rather tasty. Maybe a food source? Or just a party food? I dunno, you're the builder. I'm just the guy on the keyboard tossing out random ideas.

I can't put Slime-pets around the villages or the Castle, or Main Compound because it opens a can of worms. Those areas are meant to be much less exotic than the Precursor builds; they're meant to be traditional, medieval, themed after the various building materials. Putting Slime-pets everywhere would make everything feel much more exotic than it's supposed to be.

I think we should just suspend disbelief a bit and say that the Slimes weren't kept as pets by the New Civs; or if they were they're represented by the Slime enemies u see bouncing around.

That said I will add a room full of Slime-pets in the Precursor Cloud Fortress - which is meant to be the last build in the entire world and I have yet to get to it.

Merry Holidays Folks!

So I've added a Wire Build section on Gem Lock Hubs.

I've also re-organized the Wire Builds section to include a Screenshots section. The Screenshots sections here will include Screenshots of every instance in the World where the mechanism in question is used as well as the wiring it uses. Ie for Train Stations the Screenshot Section will contain Screenshots of every Train Station in World and how they're wired. Same for Light Shows, same for Gem Lock Hubs etc.

Wish I had Part 12 to add, but oh well... waiting on that 1.3.6.

The NPCs in the World wish you all some Happy Holidays!!!

Capture 2017-12-25 01_55_51.png

Capture 2017-12-25 01_54_40.png

Cheers!!!

So FYI to anyone following this thread.

I have reached the image upload limit (250 images) for my initial post detailing the project . Unfortunately this isn't near enough to present everything, and even if I tried making more efficient use of screenshots it wouldn't be anywhere close. Additionally I don't want to continue the presentation in additional posts such as this one because it makes the project too disorganized. No, the project has to be fully presented on Page 1 as you open up the thread where the whole complete work can be seen.

As such my only option is to cut off this thread and start a new one where I reserve the initial few posts so I have enough space to present everything, along with any future Wire Builds. I've talked with the admins and they can't increase the image upload limit just for this (plus there might be additional costs for them etc.).

In case you're wondering why I've been so careless, here's a few reasons: for one I didn't know there was an image upload limit and I never thought to check. I don't typically participate in forum communities so I had no idea how the forum worked - even though I had seen other people reserve initial posts on their threads. Secondly I didn't anticipate how big the project would become in terms of screenshots as initially I only took handfuls - I wasn't bent on showcasing everything from the entire build as I am now.

However in a way this is a good thing. Because reserving the first few posts allows me to organize things in a much nicer way. I can have an entire post dedicated to just text where I can explain in detail the purpose of the project, my philosophy to it and the general approach etc.

Hence stay tuned for the new thread as I'll be moving all the content that's already here to over there. New thread will be titled Mr Creamy's Terraria Completionism.

Back
Top Bottom