Console Terraria Console 1.3 Update: Playstation 4 Submitted, Xbox One Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they getting rid of orcram ? And please don’t tell me I am going to have to make a new world because of all the things being added but YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLY IT GOSH DARN HAPPENING YESSSSS YES YES
Yes Ocram is going away.

No, you don't have to make a new world. However certain features like granite and marble homes only generate in new worlds.

The Xbox situation is not only starting to make me worry, but also mad as well. It's something that Pipeworks should be able to fix easily. Either they fixed it, and submitted without saying a word (Highly Unlikely), or, as other people say, they have more of a favoritism towards PS4 (Likely). Either way, I don't know, I don't care, but give us some more word about Xbox!...please?
They literally updated xbox one players of what's going on like 3 days ago, stop being impatient.

Ya;(
[doublepost=1513140586,1513140536][/doublepost]
The Xbox situation is not only starting to make me worry, but also mad as well. It's something that Pipeworks should be able to fix easily. Either they fixed it, and submitted without saying a word (Highly Unlikely), or, as other people say, they have more of a favoritism towards PS4 (Likely). Either way, I don't know, I don't care, but give us some more word about Xbox!...please?
:/ nah m8

Lol glad to see im not the only one obsessing every few hrs to see if theres been any news about xbox. They did say it should be submitted early this week, last friday. So i really hope we hear something tomorrow. I do understand after so long of a wait just throwing what was done first (PS4) out there, but EVERYONE has been waiting for this, so i can see why people are getting frustrated. Me included, but i know you guys are close! Just please finish it! Super excited for 1.3, you dont even know.

Still no update on Xbox One submission yet? I guess Pipeworks is having a real hard time with this suspension bug... Who suspends their game on XboxOne anyway... It's hit and miss with every single game due to custom implementation and bad checks during certification obviously (unlike Nintendo Switch where sleep mode seems to work perfectly, thank god).

Sure would be a kick in the nuts for every Xbox One owner if the PS4 version releases a week earlier (and Microsoft wouldn't like the bad publicity, probably). 505 is playing with Fire! :p
I agree, why does it always have to be Xbox that suffers

Regardless of how things are right now (ps4 submitted first) game devs always prioritize for their biggest markets first - aka where the most money has come in and/or where it will come in. PC is the biggest, but Ps4 has 3 times as many consoles in the wild versus xbox. Simply put it makes sense to tend to the majorty population first. Thats why nintendo switch and mobile are last long after even xbox.

Also sony is much easier to work with as a company supporting game devs. Microsoft has a hard time playing with others and as someone who has personally worked at microsoft in the xbox buildings I can say they are disorganized and dont have good solutions for outside devs when problems like the game resetting when the xbox is put to sleep come up. This isnt a pipeworks problem in this case. Its xbox firmware/hardware not working properly, but microsoft doesnt like hearing that and resists trying to find solutions on their end which is nothing new for Microsoft.

Last edited:

Or the devs have no updates to give right now....

Clearly you must be an XBone coder yourself, as you confidently declare that the bug should be easy to fix.

You do know they aren't just fixing a couple of wonky html tags, right? And that PS4 and XBone are not the same, having different implementations, despite similar hardware. It is inevitable that bugs would exist on one system and not the other.

If you reread ClearConscious' post you would notice that they fixed the bug, and that it's currently going through internal quality assurance. The post also said that all going well it would be submitted for certification early this week.

A week difference between the two systems could hardly be construed as favouritism. Months, sure; but a week, no.

First I want to thank Loki for that nice post about the Xbox one issue that "transparency" he called it makes me beyond content with the situation! finally after 1 and a half years of dreaming pc terraria on xbox it is so blissful at this point especially because ps4 is getting certification processed right now I can SEE THAT THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THIS LOOOOOOOOOONG TUNNEL OF PATIENCE. Lol Congrats pipeworks I know I'm saying it a bit soon but I really hope that this is the end of a hard run and a new chapter for all of you.

Wow, terraria 1.3... it was only 2 years ago when I thought, Man, its never getting updated poor dead terraria... But I was wrong and for once I'm happy about that

Who did the artwork on Loki's announcement? it's looks really good.

Crowno.

There is no "favoritism" for one console or platform over the other. (this is where I recall the tales over time from Terraria's past when each console side declared that clearly there was a bias for the other console in similar situations - and make note that it has been both sides making that claim about the other :p )

This is just a nuance of XB1 that doesn't happen to exist on PS4. The notion that the team isn't testing/working on it in favor of PS4 is simply not true. That said, hopefully some concrete news soon from our friends at PW.

Is there some kind of portal/forum where Sony post their progress for the certification process? I couldn't find one on line, but I didn't look very hard.

Is there some kind of portal/forum where Sony post their progress for the certification process? I couldn't find one on line, but I didn't look very hard.
No, and neither do Microsoft/Nintendo.

Pipeworks and Re-Logic have no better idea where it is in the process than the rest of us, either. Certification is a black box where we all have to wait to see what comes out the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom