Console Terraria Console 1.3 Update: Playstation 4 Submitted, Xbox One Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, and neither do Microsoft/Nintendo.

Pipeworks and Re-Logic have no better idea where it is in the process than the rest of us, either. Certification is a black box where we all have to wait to see what comes out the other side.
That's why I didn't ask you guys how it was coming along...

Regardless of how things are right now (ps4 submitted first) game devs always prioritize for their biggest markets first - aka where the most money has come in and/or where it will come in. PC is the biggest, but Ps4 has 3 times as many consoles in the wild versus xbox. Simply put it makes sense to tend to the majorty population first. Thats why nintendo switch and mobile are last long after even xbox.

Also sony is much easier to work with as a company supporting game devs. Microsoft has a hard time playing with others and as someone who has personally worked at microsoft in the xbox buildings I can say they are disorganized and dont have good solutions for outside devs when problems like the game resetting when the xbox is put to sleep come up. This isnt a pipeworks problem in this case. Its xbox firmware/hardware not working properly, but microsoft doesnt like hearing that and resists trying to find solutions on their end which is nothing new for Microsoft.
Wouldn't the mobile market have a bigger population than console ?

It could be and it couldn't be. You have to remember a majority of gamers that aren't children prefer higher end graphics and shooting games like Call of Duty and Battlefield. A majority of people I've even mentioned Terraria to said Terraria sucks based on the fact of "dated graphics" and/or "no real end goal". These people would rather play Minecraft based on the fact of "at least it's 3D".

I find it amazing how much people are whining and talking about which markets are profitable when its a free update and has nothing do with profitability.

TUNNEL OF PATIENCE. Lol Congrats pipeworks I know I'm saying it a bit soon but I really hope that this is the end of a hard run and a new chapter for all of you.
Tunnel? Pipeworks? Get it?

A majority of people I've even mentioned Terraria to said Terraria sucks based on the fact of "dated graphics" and/or "no real end goal". These people would rather play Minecraft based on the fact of "at least it's 3D".
These people sound very closed minded, and minecraft has less/just as much of an end goal as terraria.

Crowno.

There is no "favoritism" for one console or platform over the other. (this is where I recall the tales over time from Terraria's past when each console side declared that clearly there was a bias for the other console in similar situations - and make note that it has been both sides making that claim about the other :p )

This is just a nuance of XB1 that doesn't happen to exist on PS4. The notion that the team isn't testing/working on it in favor of PS4 is simply not true. That said, hopefully some concrete news soon from our friends at PW.
And the one Terraria goal makes biases moot since they're all the same game.
[doublepost=1513185090,1513184959][/doublepost]

These people sound very closed minded, and minecraft has less/just as much of an end goal as terraria.
I always liked terraria's art style, it reminds me of sonic 2, one of my favorite 2D platformers.

@ReuseableLime20 I think you missed the point. Graphics happens to be the most sought after thing. People mainly play Minecraft over Terraria because "better graphics". For me personally I grew up with games like Mario, Zelda, Castlevania, Megaman and Kirby...all franchises that inspired what Terraria just so happens to be. I like the nostalgia behind it and its whacky mechanics and fun weapons. It's not every day you can slay zombies with a yoyo or homing bubbles...

Lol I didn't even think about the similarity I was just being sincere and it felt like a tunnel to me since I focused on this update for so friggin long.... and still am since I'm Xbox one and unfortunately the Xbox operating system decided to have a hiccup over ps4

@ReuseableLime20 I think you missed the point. Graphics happens to be the most sought after thing. People mainly play Minecraft over Terraria because "better graphics". For me personally I grew up with games like Mario, Zelda, Castlevania, Megaman and Kirby...all franchises that inspired what Terraria just so happens to be. I like the nostalgia behind it and its whacky mechanics and fun weapons. It's not every day you can slay zombies with a yoyo or homing bubbles...
No, I don't think I missed the point. If they are saying a game is bad based purely on it's graphics, they are closed minded people.

P.S: You spelled my name wrong, so I didn't get the tag. Not trying to start anything, just saying.

No, and neither do Microsoft/Nintendo.

Pipeworks and Re-Logic have no better idea where it is in the process than the rest of us, either. Certification is a black box where we all have to wait to see what comes out the other side.
It asked me if I wanted to like your post, I love this forum so much... Anyway, yeah, I wish it was more transparent, but what can you do about it, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom