Console Terraria Console 1.3 Update: Playstation 4 Submitted, Xbox One Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to break a rule, but i must ask.
Is red wings considered a cheat/hacked item?

If so, stashing it in a dummy extra world or trashing it, and my main worlds i spent time on are safe? And isn't expert mode like 1 life only?
if you're lucky it will just disappear or you'll get the new legit version instead i would just throw them away tho and you're thinking about hardcore expert mode just increases difficulty and rewards

if you're lucky it will just disappear or you'll get the new legit version instead i would just throw them away tho and you're thinking about hardcore expert mode just increases difficulty and rewards
Shouldn’t count on that luck though, I would throw away any modded stuff that I have

Actually, if you have been keeping up with the forum, this is the whole point of the rewrite. To make future updates more quickly applied to console. That way it doesn't take 2 years for 1.3.1
Agreed; I think they'll get mobile up to speed first, take a well-earned break, and then work on 1.3.1 for console.

Just buyed terraria for PS4)Waiting for 1.3

Attachments

• B0644184-B5F1-4F56-B6C6-15003CE999B7.png
    B0644184-B5F1-4F56-B6C6-15003CE999B7.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 146
And isn't expert mode like 1 life only?
No, that's Hardcore mode, which is already in game.

You can look at it as two independent difficulty levels: one for your character and one for your world. Your character can be Softcore (drop money), Mediumcore (drop items) or Hardcore (permadeath), affecting what happens when you die. Your world can be either Normal Mode (what you're used to) or Expert Mode (significantly more difficult).

The two are independent of each other, so you can have any combination of the two.

I'm so excited for 1.3!!!!!!!
[doublepost=1512925420,1512925343][/doublepost]:eek::eek::eek::D
[doublepost=1512925494][/doublepost]Wait, will my data corrupt if I keep stuff that says, "You shouldn't have this."?????
[doublepost=1512925541][/doublepost]:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BTW, im new here so how do you rank up like im just a terrarian but some are plantera and eye of cthulhu
PLZ help
[doublepost=1512926020,1512925897][/doublepost]no world size stays

All right, not to be that one guy, but I have a few questions (Like, two). First thing, when the day comes that I buy an Xbox One X, will 1.3 on Terraria already be supported for that Console as well, to put into some-what further detail, is the codebase of an Xbox (Like Xbox One and the Xbox One X) shared through the same Microsoft consoles? And another, much quicker question that I'd like to ask - because I'm giving myself gray hair - this question is mainly targeted towards Pipeworks, but could you give us a rough estimate on when you finish patching the "Suspended State" bug so 1.3 Xbox can go into submission? Sorry for such long questions, but I needed to put as much detail into them as I could. Other than that, let's get hyped!

The thing is, I cant afford a pc, or at least a desktop. the computer im on now has no space left, and its a laptop. if i had the choice, I would get it on pc, but why wouldn't they just update xbox 360? im so disappointed ;(
OK, I have to call B.S. on this. I love the devs, don't get me wrong, but you mean to tell me that GTA 5 and Phantom Pain can run on the old gen consoles but for some reason Terraria has now become too much? I don't think so. It's simply a financial decision.
[doublepost=1512931919,1512931662][/doublepost]
The Xbox 360 is not getting the update because it simply wouldn't be able to run it. The Xbox 360 is over twelve years old by now, and for technology that is extremely old, so you can't expect it to run contemporary games.

To be fair though, the decision to abandon 360 development was announced well over a year ago, so it's not exactly a sudden or surprising decision.
I replied to the wrong post...so see above.

All right, not to be that one guy, but I have a few questions (Like, two). First thing, when the day comes that I buy an Xbox One X, will 1.3 on Terraria already be supported for that Console as well, to put into some-what further detail, is the codebase of an Xbox (Like Xbox One and the Xbox One X) shared through the same Microsoft consoles? And another, much quicker question that I'd like to ask - because I'm giving myself gray hair - this question is mainly targeted towards Pipeworks, but could you give us a rough estimate on when you finish patching the "Suspended State" bug so 1.3 Xbox can go into submission? Sorry for such long questions, but I needed to put as much detail into them as I could. Other than that, let's get hyped!
You might not have read this:
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...tted-xbox-one-soon.64030/page-10#post-1501874

As for your Xbox question, as far as I understand the Xbox One X can run anything the regular Xbox One can. As it has a faster CPU things like world generation will probably be slightly faster, but don't expect anything else. Terraria isn't the kind of game that utilises 4K and HDR.

Last edited:
OK, I have to call B.S. on this. I love the devs, don't get me wrong, but you mean to tell me that GTA 5 and Phantom Pain can run on the old gen consoles but for some reason Terraria has now become too much? I don't think so. It's simply a financial decision.
[doublepost=1512931919,1512931662][/doublepost]
I replied to the wrong post...so see above.
Well GTA and Phantom Pain do something differently. They only load the part of the game they need at the time, streaming assets as needed. Even Minecraft works this way. Just because they look graphically more complex doesn't mean anything here.

Terraria was not designed this way. Terraria loads the ENTIRE game at the start. Your entire world map down to the last block, every item, every enemy, everything. It's the reason things like the spread of corruption works, the map is constantly being updated in it's entirety. Unfortunately that much information can chew through the systems RAM. The 360 only has 512 megabytes of it. For comparison the current consoles have 8000 megabytes, or 8 gigabytes. Engine, the previous developers before Pipeworks, spent over a year attempting to squeeze the 1.3 patch into the previous generation by creating a streamed assets engine. It obviously didn't work.

ReLogic has made mistakes in the past where console is concerned, but operating out of greed and forcing you to buy the game again is not one of them. We are also talking about computer hardware that is 12 years old. I don't honestly expect anything to still be supported for that kind of timeframe.

now that we have this ps4 update and the xboxone ccomming soon (even if i dont use this consoles) XD

but how about the android version of terraria?
im getting stressed out for the fact that im hoping 1.3 will come for the phone or 3ds or watever handheld XD

but still its a nice progress youve made XD so keep going!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom