Console Terraria Console 1.3 Update: Playstation 4 Submitted, Xbox One Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the bashing for it taking time to squash bugs?

Hundreds of thousands of lines of code and one wrong letter, a number missing, an erroneous nikudotayim instead of an initializer list and you have yourself a bug that can be a nightmare to track down. And those are the ones that throw up errors.

There are much more subtle bugs that don't throw exceptions and can be incredibly difficult to track down. Code involving logic being one such example.

I used to code professionally but dealing with :red:es who thought a bug was always a simple thing to fix killed any enjoyment I used to have.

So yeah, before people complain about bugs being fixed, try sifting though hundreds of thousand of lines of code across hundreds of files looking for the one character amongst millions of characters that's wrong, and then come back and complain.

It'll fill your time 'til 1.3 drops :p

Last edited:
Wouldn't the mobile market have a bigger population than console ?

At first you might think so but the mobile market consists of many different phones and tablets with different specs and different opperating systems. Its like working with many different systems at the same time. My guess is putting terraria in unity and getting it to work right on all phone and tablet types will be the hardest. I also think QA will have the hardest time testing bugs with touch controls. You cant make fast in game progress on mobile like you can with a controller / keyboard. So more or less the phone environments will need to be emulated which is also not ideal for programing a game. You typically want to have the hardware specs there to test. Cant do that for all phone and tablet types. Especially not a small company like re logic / pipeworks.

Last edited:
Still, I firmly believe that this suspension "bug" is not a bug. Just... PLS we need this, lets patch these other bugs out in a later update, for the love of god we had to slog through 1.2!
Hopefully it will be in cert soon, however this isn’t “early next week” anymore so I’m slightly disappointed that’s we are so close to 1.3 yet still so far from it

It must be a bug if they're trying to squash it for so many days already. Probably some giant bug with lots of hairy legs and... wings.

(My bet is they're pretty poor at squashing bugs, but that's just an assumption.)
No, I don't think they are bad at squashing real bugs, I think they are bad at determining what is a bug, and what isn't a bug.

But hey, sometimes if you get really drunk, that sexy person you see across the room could turn out to be a lampshade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom