Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

I may have been misrepresenting, but I was thinking that too. But it still may be an issue related to RAM. If not RAM usage itself, the way that RAM is handled. But as I have stated before, my reasons for believing this is that the crashes have only occurred for me on Large worlds. The entire world loads at once. While other games may use the same amount of RAM or more, up to the max that Vita allows, they do not load the entire world at once, including all blocks, mobs, and events, where Terraria does. I would not mind playing 1.3 on the Vita limited to small or medium worlds. the 1.2.3 update did implement a lot of major changes to the game. Tell me, how did you profile the RAM usage? I would like to see the effects on my game. Another thing I am curious of is the 3DS. The 3DS has only 128 Meg of RAM... The 3DS version is currently 1.2, to my knowledge. If they update to 1.2.3, will they have similar problems? Or have they accounted for this by only allowing small worlds? I don't know, since I don't have a 3DS. But if that is the case, it would support your theory that it is not a RAM issue. I think it might be a little of both. There should be a workaround for the Vita in order to stop these random crashes, and get this game functioning.
I'm not sure it is a RAM issue. If tracking every single block put that much strain on it the when I glitches out my ocean biome to infinitely drain into the underworld it would've crashed during the save I made. The game did slow down to where Iwas moving a lot slower but I sat there for a good thirty minutes until I had a good portion of the lava covered for my fight with the wall of flesh.(still lost unfortunately.....) I had both oceans draining at once and it still didn't crash. I'm think 505 needs to look at the save code and see if it matches up with PC or some other version that doesn't have this problem.

I'm not sure it is a RAM issue. If tracking every single block put that much strain on it the when I glitches out my ocean biome to infinitely drain into the underworld it would've crashed during the save I made. The game did slow down to where Iwas moving a lot slower but I sat there for a good thirty minutes until I had a good portion of the lava covered for my fight with the wall of flesh.(still lost unfortunately.....) I had both oceans draining at once and it still didn't crash. I'm think 505 needs to look at the save code and see if it matches up with PC or some other version that doesn't have this problem.

You might be right. I am just detailing my own observances of the crashes, and the details leading up to them. It very likely is a coding issue that somehow turning off the music temporarily fixed until after hardmode. If that is the case, they need to find that tricky bit of code, and rewrite it, because I'm no coder! LOL

multiplayer huge bug

Attachments

• IMG_2157.JPG
    IMG_2157.JPG
    426.9 KB · Views: 470
  • Terraria Problem_ARMOR.jpg
    Terraria Problem_ARMOR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 616
  • Terraria Problem_CHESTS.jpg
    Terraria Problem_CHESTS.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,516
Ok so Terrarians PSVITA does not load/render a whole world at once during play. I've noticed many a times when the game "chunks" are unloaded during play, usually only visible as a column of blocks 1-2 tiles wide at the side of the screen, where the world background can be seen at any depth.

Also, I believe 3ds is based on the mobile version, so if it is updated to 1.2.3 (or 1.2.4 as mobile currently is) then it will face issues similar to the mobile versions, not the console ones

That's all fine and good with fixing bugs, but when will we be caught up with the pc version to where we can craft all the cool stuff like yoyos, cell phones, and infinite ammo pouches?

I don't really understand the logic behind thinking 505 is just lazy or lying about being unable to reproduce an issue. What would their benefit be to ignore such a major issue on one of their most popular versions of the game? I only see negatives as it damages their reputation and prevents sales. Even if you think they're some unethical or greedy company (they aren't from what I've seen, overhauling a customer service system isn't cheap) it wouldn't be profitable to leave one of their versions in such a sorry state.
multiplayer huge bug
I've seen this before. It occurs when there is too dense of furniture/items/paint in one spot.
That's all fine and good with fixing bugs, but when will we be caught up with the pc version to where we can craft all the cool stuff like yoyos, cell phones, and infinite ammo pouches?
This thread is titled "
Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status" it's not about further content updates.

I don't really understand the logic behind thinking 505 is just lazy or lying about being unable to reproduce an issue. What would their benefit be to ignore such a major issue on one of their most popular versions of the game? I only see negatives as it damages their reputation and prevents sales. Even if you think they're some unethical or greedy company (they aren't from what I've seen, overhauling a customer service system isn't cheap) it wouldn't be profitable to leave one of their versions in such a sorry state.

I've seen this before. It occurs when there is too dense of furniture/items/paint in one spot.

This thread is titled "
Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status" it's not about further content updates.
Thanks for stepping in. I didn`t know what to say that time and I was worried that the situation was going to get ugly.

As Nike Leon said i think too that 505 isn t a greedy company.They are working on fix all the issues 100% so just be patient and wait. Better soon than never:p

As Nike Leon said i think too that 505 isn t a greedy company.They are working on fix all the issues 100% so just be patient and wait. Better soon than never:p

They are absolutely not a greedy company. They are small. If this were EA, I might chalk it up to that as well.

there's a bug with holy arrows they dont fall out stars please fix that
[DOUBLEPOST=1453523684,1453523625][/DOUBLEPOST]also theres a glitch on PS3 where the temple door is open fix that as well

<Double Post Merged>

You forgot to added the Spider Set of armor
Thank you for the report on the arrows. :)
Temple door is an unexpected side effect of the automatic door code.

They didn't forget spider armor, it's coming in the next couple months. :)
In the future please use the effort feature (bottom left of your post) rather than double posting.

Edit: Unless you're posting details of a bug or issue with the console version (work arounds/fixes included), please post in this thread http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-console-holiday-2015-update.37789/

Last edited:
Are there limitations in fishing on consoles? I have the golden fishing rod, using 50% bait (Tree Nymph Butterfly), fishing outfit(all 3 pieces), fishing potions, angler earring, and cooked fish to boost stats and have not been able to catch the Jewelfish in the hardmode forest cavern right above the underworld. I haven't been able to catch the Mutant Flinxfin in the snow biome cavern either. I have had these quest fish over 6 times without being able to catch them. I have caught a lot of different fish including 24 other quest fish. Just wondering if this is a bug needing to be reported. I have loaded other character trying to catch these 2 without any results. I am on Xbox One with this issue.

Additional information: The world was created with the original release of Terraria for the Xbox One console. I fish in lakes with 300+ blocks of water, mostly rectangle to make sure the calculation is good. Also, seems like I cannot catch the Fishron quest fish. I have had it as quest fish request 3 times as of this edit.

Last edited:
[360] I have caught all those fishes. The Jewelfish was caught fairly close to the surface (background on the map still brown). Same with the Mutant Flinxfin and Fishron (caught those at the same fishing spot).
I have successfully fished in a Terraria v1.0 generated world.
20160123_133517.jpg

I have a question. Sense on the console versions Terraria has alot of bugs but does it affect rare Weapons/Armor like for a Example a if i farm a Ice Sickle will it drop? because i really want to know that.
I've heard no reports of it being unobtainable.

I wonder on PS3 what Icy merman's drop because on the wiki it says it could drop ice sickle but im wondering can it drop it on PS3 because when im farming underground snow biome i always aim for the Armored Vikings because i herd that they drop it but what about icy merman's and ice turtles please Someone give me a guide on how to get the Ice sickle.

I keep doing the old load last save trick over and over again to save some time in getting the Fisherman`s pocket guide, Sextant, and the Weather radio from the fishing quests but no matter how many times I try, I keep getting the same stuff i`ve already been given. Are these items bugged or just hard to get or just not in the current console version?

I keep doing the old load last save trick over and over again to save some time in getting the Fisherman`s pocket guide, Sextant, and the Weather radio from the fishing quests but no matter how many times I try, I keep getting the same stuff i`ve already been given. Are these items bugged or just hard to get or just not in the current console version?
Those are 1.3 items.

Back
Top Bottom