Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

Hi everyone i can not play online with friends it is blacked out and we just had the update but still can not play online I have uninstalled the game and deleted my game save to to see if that would do it but still nout if anyone else knows how to sort this plz let me know thanks

Hi everyone i can not play online with friends it is blacked out and we just had the update but still can not play online I have uninstalled the game and deleted my game save to to see if that would do it but still nout if anyone else knows how to sort this plz let me know thanks

Personally tested this and found out that this indeed a bug that is on Xbox One. My save data is NOT corrupted, but it will not work it looks like, as it will simply crash your game and send you to the dashboard.

So for now everyone, it appears Multiplayer for Xbox One does not work, and the correct people are made aware of this issue.

Last edited:
As @Doylee made note, the instant I was made aware of this issue, I raised it straight up the chain.

It's being looked into and addressed as a highest priority issue. Essentially, it's something wonky and different between the dev/testing environment (which still works fine per testing today) and the live environment (which clearly does not).

Stay tuned for more as I or 505 has it - and really sorry for this.

As @Doylee made note, the instant I was made aware of this issue, I raised it straight up the chain.

It's being looked into and addressed as a highest priority issue. Essentially, it's something wonky and different between the dev/testing environment (which still works fine per testing today) and the live environment (which clearly does not).

Stay tuned for more as I or 505 has it - and really sorry for this.

"You" have no need to apologise.

That said, I knew they'd :red: it up.

Terraria doesn't seem to go on sale on Xbox One anymore either, not that you'd want it to whilst this is happening.

Perhaps Engine Software wouldn't be the best choice for a console porting partner in the future.

Official word/confirmation of the issue from 505Games (not that Loki isn't official, ofc):
URGENT TERRARIA COMMUNICATION

We are sorry to confirm that a serious issue exists in the Xbox One update that was published 6th July 2016, version KTCP-20160531. Online multiplayer is broken, and players should avoid trying to use that game mode for now.

Single player and local multiplayer are not affected, and can be safely used.

For the information of the technically minded on here, we deploy to a 'development' version of Xbox Live during the QA phase for testing. This is intended to exactly replicate the conditions of the retail one. These crashes do not occur in dev, or obviously we would have not signed off the update. We're working with Microsoft now to debug this, and be assured that we are working on fixing this currently, and we will get a fix out as soon as practical. We’ll continue to keep you informed via these channels.

So for now, consider online out of bounds on Xbox One. Hopefully we can solve this soon, please be patient. For now, all I can offer is my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

I'd also like to add that the Cloud Save import issue has NOT been resolved with the new update. It's still completely broken, though that could be due to the Xbox Live issues.

I cannot import anything as it says there is no save data to import.

I'd also like to add that the Cloud Save import issue has NOT been resolved with the new update. It's still completely broken, though that could be due to the Xbox Live issues.

I cannot import anything as it says there is no save data to import.

As an update to this, I can and have moved all of my stuff over from my 360 version to my Xbox One last night.

It turns out I was doing it wrong by copying the saves into the Cloud and hoping they'd synch on startup on my One.

The method isn't the best (uploading one at a time), but it worked.

Looks like there's new requirements for the Achievements again too.

Dear Terraria community and/or Terraria Forums staff,

I can't find where to ask this, so I will ask it right here.
When will the update including the Moon Lord be available on X-Box 360? (Or will it come to X-Box 360?)
Sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to find where to ask.
Thanks,
Sean (armyman303)

Dear Terraria community and/or Terraria Forums staff,

I can't find where to ask this, so I will ask it right here.
When will the update including the Moon Lord be available on X-Box 360? (Or will it come to X-Box 360?)
Sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to find where to ask.
Thanks,
Sean (armyman303)
I'm guessing next year since it took so long for this update and the next one being so massive

I'm guessing next year since it took so long for this update and the next one being so massive
Thanks for telling me. Although I am disappointed that the update will most likely be arriving at a later date, there is nothing I can do.

Fare thee well.

Thanks for telling me. Although I am disappointed that the update will most likely be arriving at a later date, there is nothing I can do.

Fare thee well.
That's just a pessimist estimate. Truth is that it's going to take at lest 3 months but no one (not even them) knows when it's going to go live. My suggestions is to move on and do your thing. Be excited but keep your expectations low.

11 hours of grinding in my underground Crimson farm, and no vitamins have dropped from any of the thousands of floaty grosses killed. Can anybody confirm if they aren't dropping at all in Crimson worlds, or if I have extremely bad luck [PSVita version]

Edit: I got some immediately after posting this comment... Angry vitamins, seems fitting

11 hours of grinding in my underground Crimson farm, and no vitamins have dropped from any of the thousands of floaty grosses killed. Can anybody confirm if they aren't dropping at all in Crimson worlds, or if I have extremely bad luck [PSVita version]

Edit: I got some immediately after posting this comment... Angry vitamins, seems fitting
Game:
Trollface.png

That is so true. I got my Rod of Discord before I even finished my AFK farm, but I currently have 520 Plantera kills and no Axe.

That is so true. I got my Rod of Discord before I even finished my AFK farm, but I currently have 520 Plantera kills and no Axe.
91 flesh grinders, 7 mech worms, 5 mech skulls, 11 mech eyes, too many souls of night and ichor, a stack of Crimson key mounds, and 1 vitamin. It took 11 hours. Drops can be a douche sometimes

That's insane! I've been fairly lucky when it comes to the Ankh Shield components except for the Nazar. I always seem to forget about it until I hit Hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom