Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be, but I'm unable to see my chests names when playing in multiplayer (Xbox One). Not sure if the same thing happens on the Xbox 360 version.

I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be, but I'm unable to see my chests names when playing in multiplayer (Xbox One). Not sure if the same thing happens on the Xbox 360 version.
Yes, that is correct. Sign text and chest names are not able to be seen in online multiplayer. If I remember correctly, it would violate guidelines.

Because Terraria and Watch Dogs are vastly different games, in the ways that they are created and run.

Terraria requires that all world info be loaded into RAM at all times (on all platforms). I haven't played Watch Dogs myself, but I'm fairly sure that like most games of its type, it loads a small part at a time, and there are loading screens/pauses as you move around. Terraria has no loading screens by design and necessity.

As Terraria has grown (in terms of number of items/features and size of the code base), the amount of RAM required to run smoothly (without crashes, stutters and lags) has grown. The game has gotten large enough that the RAM available on the PS3 (and Vita, Xbox 360, and Wii U as well) is not sufficient to run the game any longer (with more content past 1.2.4). There's only so much optimization that can be done to make it fit, and optimization itself may unintentionally cause bugs and crashing issues that are much harder to diagnose and fix.

This chart show the crucial difference that is at the heart of the issue (even though it's from 2013, the specs are still accurate today):
View attachment 152392
The RAM specs are highlighted, and shows that the PS4 has 16X the amount of RAM as your PS3. Most current mobile phones and tablets have more RAM than your PS3. There's nothing you, Re-Logic, Engine, or PipeWorks can do to change that about your 10+ year-old model console.

There's only so much code and data that you can cram into 512MB of RAM and have it run predictably without major issues. That's the reason why 'last-gen' consoles and mobile devices of that level are not getting further content updates from this game. It's not the processor, the graphics chip, or the HDD. It's the RAM.
I wanted to ask if PS vita 2000 is still getting cut.
(Also, the first vita, is like five years old, I got it when I was in third grade. Still have it today, and it's working beautifully.)

I wanted to ask if PS vita 2000 is still getting cut.
(Also, the first vita, is like five years old, I got it when I was in third grade. Still have it today, and it's working beautifully.)
The Vita will not be getting further updates, sorry. It's in the same specs range as the PS3.

I have a glitch for 360 that I don't know if it has been patched:

Mallard DUCKS Spawn From My Meteor Hamaxe
I have no clue what this means but, oh well

I have a glitch for 360 that I don't know if it has been patched:

Mallard DUCKS Spawn From My Meteor Hamaxe
I have no clue what this means but, oh well
If you don't currently have an update then there are no more planned updates for any consoles besides Xbox One and PS4. The last update for last gen systems was released some months ago.

I still have the bug where Duke's eyes are red, and Paladin's hammer glitch, but there is also another. I dunno if this was intendid on te Xbox 360, but when I kill a critter with Horseman's Blade, a pumpkin spawns. This isn't a bad thing, but wasn't that fixed?
[doublepost=1489620045,1489619952][/doublepost]* the not te

I still have the bug where Duke's eyes are red, and Paladin's hammer glitch, but there is also another. I dunno if this was intendid on te Xbox 360, but when I kill a critter with Horseman's Blade, a pumpkin spawns. This isn't a bad thing, but wasn't that fixed?

I think the Horseman's blade thing was how it was supposed to be but it spawned two or three at a time instead of just one. They only meant for there to be one that spawns so that was fixed the update after that was found out. I don't know the Paladin's Hammer glitch or the one where Dukes eyes are red but they might be a pre-1.3 glitch that was fixed for PC and soon to be console as well.

Thanks for the report but no further updates are planned for Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita, or Wii U and 3DS.

Back
Top Bottom