Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

Are you asking the Angler what quest fish he wants that particular day? He wants a different fish every day.

And also make sure that you don't have a Truffle Worm in an inventory spot that is before your regular bait.
Yeah i know to check him every day and im still pre hardmode so i wont fight the duke

I have found a bug concerning xbox one version 1.2.4. When swinging a titanium pickaxe, butterflies begin to spawn where I am swinging very rapidly. I tried repeating this with another pick but did not work. Video evidence from gamertag: driftking38457

Guys I need some help. I joined an online game and played on it but when I came off my world had gone and been swapped with the other persons, Please can you help guys I have nothing on terraria. My gamer tag is shaycurtis16.

Edit: This has now happened twice to me

Important Note: We will keep these posts updated as further information comes in from the community and/or development team. Please read the fixed and reported bug lists below before submitting this form to reduce duplicates. Going forward, completing the form will be the best way to report bugs to the devs. For other issues, please consult the 505 Support Portal: http://support.505games.com/support/home

Mobile bug hub thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-mobile-bugs-issues-status.37778/
3DS bug hub thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/3ds-known-issues.37772/

Hi everyone,

Hope you’re all enjoying the recently released console update! We were very excited to bring this content to you, but in doing so, there have been a number of new and preexisting bugs cropping up that we’d like to keep track of and address. As part of our mission to communicate as clearly and openly with you as possible, we will be using this thread to keep track of and update issues with the non-Nintendo console versions of Terraria, so that you can see where we stand on each of them. This includes PS3, PS4, PS Vita, 360, and Xbox One.

We all believe it’s just as important for you to know about what’s being fixed as it is to know when we still can’t reproduce a problem or don’t have a solution yet, so we’ll do our best to keep you in the loop on all going’s on. Due to how software development works, you may not hear about updates for stretches at a time, so please be patient while we collect, reproduce, isolate, and fix these issues.

Things may also seem slightly messy at first as we filter all the data and get everything organized and vetted against our own internal systems, but again, this will serve as a great one-stop place for you to see what’s going on with the current version and future updates.

Without any further ado, let’s get to it!

Top Platform-Specific Issues:

Xbox One & Xbox 360:
  • Xbox One-Xbox 360 Cross-Saves not working properly: UPDATED INFO -
    We have narrowed down the Xbox 360/Xbox One cross-save issue to an interaction between Terraria and systems on Microsoft's end. Microsoft has been great in working hand in hand with us to get things up and running just as soon as possible - stay tuned!

Reproduced by QA, Planned Fixes for Future Update:

• Waterleaf no longer needs to be submerged in water to bloom
  • Megashark sound is far too slow for its fire rate. Video attached.
  • Acorns will not grow on Sand when planted, therefore yielding no Palm Trees.
  • Glass walls have lines across them instead of being a single wall (includes newly places walls)
  • Tiles do not have priority over Walls when torches are placed. Basically when the Torch is placed, it will always attach to the wall, not a tile if it is right next to it.
  • https://terraria.slack.com/archives/G0H4LM59D/p1451776496000010 Gemsparks blocks apparently do have an issue. They aren't bright enough during night like they should be.
  • Blizzard Staff shards are unable to be moved and fall slowly
  • Tempest Staff will fire a projectile when all minion slots are already filled, instead of merely trying to summon another tornado. Video attached below
  • Cannot use weapons while in mine carts
  • Boreal wood armor chest plate has texture of Shadow Armor (
    )
  • Wrong sprite for boreal trees. They do drop boreal wood and they do grow, but that's not how they should look. They should have a darker shade.
  • Corruption "Pots", when broken, explode into Lihzhard Pot " Gore" when broken.
  • Corruption Thorns grow straight up, and will not jut out in different directions.
  • Music Box (Snow) and Music Box (Ice) play the wrong tracks. They should be reversed.
  • Next credit update, we need to add John "Exotic Charm" Blackford
  • The fin wings that you get as a reward from the angler have the same issue as the fishron wings. There is no horizontal acceleration. It instead mimics whatever your run speed is.
  • Player can pass through jungle temple doors without using the key (
    )
  • Duke Fishron's Eyes will turn a red color instead of Yellow when he initiates stage 2 of his attack phases.
  • Paladins Hammer creates a visual bug when thrown occasionally. Hammer will appear in Random areas either near or far away from the character.
  • Lavafall blocks (and hence lavafall walls) do not work. They at least show up in the crafting section, but the "crystal ball & lava" station is in red like it doesn't exist.
  • Fireworks have an issue. The host cannot see fireworks set off by guests. It doesn't matter who buys or places them; the host can only see what he himself sets off. Guests can see everything fine]<https://terraria.slack.com/archives/G0H4LM59D/p1451776449000009>
  • Music Boxes will open when the player approaches them, and close when not close. However when turned on, they will shut close when you are close, and open when you move away. Video demonstration provided below.
  • Player unable to use Magic Seed or Squashling Pet
  • Fall damage is hilariously wrong. If I'm doing the math correctly, my experiments are showing that somebody multiplied it by 10
  • When a Gold Chest is mined (may happen to other chests) with items still in it in Multiplayer, the chest will disappear Client Side, while the Host will still see it.
  • Watch the arapaima that Doyle shoots with a cursed bullet, then I will explain more. Before the update, there was an issue where the host wouldn't see debuffs caused by a guest. The guest could see everything and the host could see his own debuffs that he caused, though. Well, the update came out and we have a new issue. Now the host sees everything, and the guest sees nothing. This is regardless to who did the debuff. They obviously tried to fix the issue (and they technically did for the host), yet they ended up creating a new one that's arguably worse.
  • Bunny spawns when placing dirt block in midair. "Whenever I try and place a dirt block in midair and it's not connected or touching anything it spawns a bunny and uses the block" (Xbox 360)
  • Truffle worms are spawning infinitely from my Horseman's Blade (
    ) [360]
  • Worms do not spawn by breaking a background rock object.

Unable to Reproduce:

• Fishron wings have incredibly slow wing speed when used in the air. (Need to test in water as well)
  • Players cannot open presents dropped by enemies
  • Apparently, you can't reel in fish. It just keeps creating new lines. I've heard about a similar glitch, but now I can confirm that it is an issue
  • Web Slinger disappeared from inventory after patch

Still Testing / In Progress:

• Mine cart not jumping off rail correctly when there is a gap (Intended?) For example. you just built a mine cart rollercoaster and you want to make a jump over...let's say lava. At this point your mine cart would go right into the lava instead of jumping over to the next portion of track. [Vita]
  • During play I noticed the crash had an error code to it which was (C2-12828-1) I'm trying to find out all I can about this error code. I've heard this code has been seen in various games and not just Terraria. [Vita]
  • Duped Items left from the old glitch the cause? http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...holiday-2015-update.37789/page-17#post-835372 [Vita]
  • Music Box (Tutorial) can have a prefix. Prefix will change when mined, to have a different one, or not one at all. Image attached.
  • Furthermore, there is a weird glitch that can happen for the guest when turning them on/off with a switch. Nike has a screenshot that can better explain https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AGXZF8qXbdh0SsY&cid=992F9C7D416102C5&id=992F9C7D416102C5!111&parId=992F9C7D416102C5!106&o=OneUp
On Xbox 360 when you switch a critter/bait item and any swingable or placeable, so lets say a worm and 10 dirt blocks. start up the game switch the two items, exit to the main menu, go back into your world and switch them around again, then exit to the the main menu, then join back. it'll copy the worms ai onto the 10 dirt blocks. so when you use your dirt blocks, you'll end up spawning worms till you run out of dirt blocks. And the worm will stay the same.

I've actually had the issue where I can't access leaderboards nor do anything online on Terraria since last week. Last time I did play I was with a friend helping him move stuff from one world to another so maybe that was a issue?

For the most part I haven't seen any bugs and that's a lot of testing with me n my kids. Although I did notice a issue with bundle of balloons with wings and boots not functioning like a single balloon. I did note a possible oversight on frog legs, boots n wings. From a new game you can almost skyjump. This is using frostspark boots, fishron wings as wing and boot sets.

Other than that its the multiplayer 100% crashing every time you leave a local split screen world.

I just found a pretty interesting bug that happens when a Staff of Regrowth is used on certain terrain features. For example, when used on rock formations, it spawns scorpions. I don't know yet if it spawns anything else yet.

The second image shows the staff of regrowth being used on the rock in the first image. Sorry if the quality isn't that good.
20170621_145034.jpg
20170621_145353.jpg

UPDATE: For some reason, and i'm not entirely sure, the same effect can be achieved ON ANYTHING NOT SOLID. (Air included) The Staff of Regrowth is also unusable once the spawn capacity is reached.

Last edited:
I just found a pretty interesting bug that happens when a Staff of Regrowth is used on certain terrain features. For example, when used on rock formations, it spawns scorpions. I don't know yet if it spawns anything else yet.

The second image shows the staff of regrowth being used on the rock in the first image. Sorry if the quality isn't that good.View attachment 174082 View attachment 174083

UPDATE: For some reason, and i'm not entirely sure, the same effect can be achieved ON ANYTHING NOT SOLID. (Air included) The Staff of Regrowth is also unusable once the spawn capacity is reached.
It sounds like you've accidentally activated the critter glitch which happens when you swap bait/critters with an item in your inventory, save, swap them back, save. Then when you use the item in mid-air, it spawns the bait/critter.

If you move your item to an empty spot in your inventory, that should stop it from spawning critters. If it still spawns them, move the item into a chest, close it, then take the item out again.

To avoid the glitch, try to not swap items in inventory, but instead move items into an empty inventory spot.

It sounds like you've accidentally activated the critter glitch which happens when you swap bait/critters with an item in your inventory, save, swap them back, save. Then when you use the item in mid-air, it spawns the bait/critter.

If you move your item to an empty spot in your inventory, that should stop it from spawning critters. If it still spawns them, move the item into a chest, close it, then take the item out again.

To avoid the glitch, try to not swap items in inventory, but instead move items into an empty inventory spot.

Turns out it was the bait swap glitch. I tried exactly what you said and the scorpions stopped spawning. Thanks!

Platform - Xbox One
Problem: (Online Multiplayer Session Bug) Game crashing completely, sending to Xbox Home Menu mid-battle with Duke Fishron

How to recreate
: Play a online multiplayer session with a friend and battle Duke Fishron mid-way through the battle the game will crash without fail. (Has happened 11 times, we alternated who's world and who was host. Problem still persisted.)

Fixes: None at this time. The battle with Duke Fishron alone in your world works fine though. I have not tested Split-screen co-op yet, that may still be viable.

Original Post: Anyone else having problems when battling Fishron and the game crashing and going to the home menu? I have had the game crash every single time I have attempted to battle him and an extended period of time has lapsed. About 5-6 minutes into the battle the game freezes and crashes. I was playing online multiplayer every time. I was the host every time. The other player I was playing with also had their game freeze and go to home screen at the same time mine did.

*Updated to reflect new information regarding this bug with the testing me and my friend have done as of 12/26/15.*

I have this problem with duke fishron but it happens in single-player and split-screen co-op when you have buffs active (excluding campfire, heart lantern, light pets, pets) don't know why tho

I created a new world and went directly to the jungle temple too collect traps. I didn't want to take the time to farm a key, so I broke the bricks above the door. The for remains in place, but it constantly drops more doors for me to pick up.

Back
Top Bottom