Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

Anyone else have a glitch where, whenever you grapple or run towards sand you faze through the blocks? This happens to me quite often. This happens to other blocks as well, just not as noticeable since you don't take damage.

My grapple hook sometimes grabs the wall directly behind my character. When I'm standing next to a wall, and grapple to the other side, it sometimes grabs the back wall instead.

Can anyone else get the Slime Staff? I set up a slime statue farm, days go by, nothing. This a bug? Can't get it from statues anymore? PC can still get it through this method so I can't see why it won't work for console still. (Might be my luck, but just wanted to put this out there incase)

NPC's don't close the doors. Happens quite often, not sure if this intended to happen. Just annoying to see a door flung open, having to go and close it for them.

These are on the *Xbox 360* version. I know it may be a bit late to state all these bugs/glitches; most of which are quality of life fixes.

That is so true. I got my Rod of Discord before I even finished my AFK farm, but I currently have 520 Plantera kills and no Axe.

My Rod of Discord took me 2 days (in real life) to get, and 2 different iterations of an Arena/Farm.

I traded for my Axe and then I made it Legendary. I think the guy gave it to me for some Orange Bloodroots.

Just got my Zephyr Fish too, so now I have all Pets again.

@NotSoSlimJim : Xbox 360 still doesn't have the new update, right? I got my Slime Staffs on that version before I moved over to the Xbox One. The drop rate is just terrible though.

360 had update as of 1pm PST

My Rod of Discord took me 2 days (in real life) to get, and 2 different iterations of an Arena/Farm.

I traded for my Axe and then I made it Legendary. I think the guy gave it to me for some Orange Bloodroots.

Just got my Zephyr Fish too, so now I have all Pets again.

@NotSoSlimJim : Xbox 360 still doesn't have the new update, right? I got my Slime Staffs on that version before I moved over to the Xbox One. The drop rate is just terrible though.

Cannot name chests, teleporters work going to a location but not back to original starting place, visual issue in main world when jumping, floating/flying screen moved in slow moving frames or sections (not sure how to describe).

I have been waiting to play this update on my Xbox 360 and don't care about little bugs like those except when I went to use to talk to the guide my life fruit disappeared upon talking to him

I have been waiting to play this update on my Xbox 360 and don't care about little bugs like those except when I went to use to talk to the guide my life fruit disappeared upon talking to him

even little bugs need to be reported like the one i just posted

In case any of you weren't aware, the XBox One multiplayer issues were resolved in a patch released yesterday.

Cannot name chests, teleporters work going to a location but not back to original starting place, visual issue in main world when jumping, floating/flying screen moved in slow moving frames or sections (not sure how to describe).

Could you tell us which version of the game you are playing? And, when you say floating/flying screen moved in slow moving frames, do you mean the game slows down? And describe the areas where it occurs

A bug I have found while testing to see if the 360 Cloud Upload to One Stability has been fixed, the sound made when mining stone or ores is made when crafting items. This being on the Xbox One. Minor.

Could you tell us which version of the game you are playing? And, when you say floating/flying screen moved in slow moving frames, do you mean the game slows down? And describe the areas where it occurs

I'm on the 360. The game doesn't slow down, the display is.. I don't want to say choppy but it doesn't flow smoothly like it should. It's only happening so far in my primary world (5th one on my list) when I'm in my "base" & also in my NPC main house. It's like my screen kind of lags & breaks up making it pixely. Someone responded earlier describing it..

The frames drop and weird graphical issues occur that resemble screen-tearing.

Can you shoot a screen or a video from a phone perhaps to share?

General minion/pet bugs for the vita:
  1. Flying minions track targets through walls, flying into blocks while fruitlessly attempting to reach a far enemy. Basically their path finding is horrendous
  2. Mobile minions with projectile attacks (imp, retamini from the optic staff, etc) fire projectiles that are affected by gravity
  3. Spazmamini charges are slow and ridiculously long.
  4. Retamini lasers are HEAVILY affected by gravity, and ridiculously slow. Even zombies can outrun the laser on a horizontal or vertical direction
  5. Zephyr fish (a harmless pet) destroys foliage. Also believe it causes knock back on mobs
  6. Spazmamini and retamini (the optic staff) attacks at about half the speed it did on PC 1.2.4
  7. Retamini has widely varying damage on a single target (values of as high as 40 and as low as 7 seen on a single Crimson slime), with considerably higher contact damage (values of 50 damage seen when making contact with another Crimson slime)
  8. Retamini laser is considerably larger than its PC 1.2.4 equivalent, while its hit box is considerably smaller than the laser itself
  9. When using the twins, there's a weird image of spazmamini in the top left corner of the screen, slightly behind the first hotbar slot. This image constantly changes in transparency, and rotates around like it is targeting something

Basically, the optic staff (the pinnacle of the 1.2.4 update) is rather broken

In other news, could any Dev's confirm whether the option to enable/disable the D-pad functions will come to the vita?

Spectre Mask set bonus is fixed and in the next update. No news on timeframe yet.

Renaming chests and safes I'm looking into.
Please find out why one of my levers isn't working now as well. When I got on my world yesterday the lever that controls the door to my base's spike pit security setup didn't work. I even checked the wiring and nothing is out of place. I had to swap out my lever for a switch. The lever that controls the pumping system for my water reservoir however, still works. I'm on Xbox 360 slim.

Please find out why one of my levers isn't working now as well. When I got on my world yesterday the lever that controls the door to my base's spike pit security setup didn't work. I even checked the wiring and nothing is out of place. I had to swap out my lever for a switch. The lever that controls the pumping system for my water reservoir however, still works. I'm on Xbox 360 slim.
Could you please post a picture of your wiring?

I'm suspecting that there might be a problem if you connect the same wire to more than one point (of the four connection points).

Could you please post a picture of your wiring?

I'm suspecting that there might be a problem if you connect the same wire to more than one point (of the four connection points).
1468389870534-1424360411.jpg
That switch with the red wire going to it on the wall in front of me serves as a replacement now. Honestly I might just keep it that way but the fact that the lever no longer works there still matters.

Last edited:
@Clancy117 - I had the same issue with levers. I had about 10 connected to various traps and other things in my world. After the update, not a single lever worked. I grabbed my wrenches to check out the issue, thought maybe wiring had disappeared (had 2 teleporters where this did happen), and everything was normal, no gaps in the wiring, and everything connected properly. I replaced the levers with switches and everything is up and running.

@Clancy117 - I had the same issue with levers. I had about 10 connected to various traps and other things in my world. After the update, not a single lever worked. I grabbed my wrenches to check out the issue, thought maybe wiring had disappeared (had 2 teleporters where this did happen), and everything was normal, no gaps in the wiring, and everything connected properly. I replaced the levers with switches and everything is up and running.
I think it might only happen under certain conditions because as I said, I checked the lever that works the water pumps for my reservoir and it still seems to be working.

Back
Top Bottom