Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

I've sent the lever vs switch issue up the chain for visibility, as it seems pretty widespread.

@Clancy117 - I had the same issue with levers. I had about 10 connected to various traps and other things in my world. After the update, not a single lever worked. I grabbed my wrenches to check out the issue, thought maybe wiring had disappeared (had 2 teleporters where this did happen), and everything was normal, no gaps in the wiring, and everything connected properly. I replaced the levers with switches and everything is up and running.
I think it might only happen under certain conditions because as I said, I checked the lever that works the water pumps for my reservoir and it still seems to be working.
The issue happens when you connect to more than one of the Levers four connection points with the same wire. A workaround is to make sure each wire connects to ONLY one connection point.

I've sent the lever vs switch issue up the chain for visibility, as it seems pretty widespread.
Great! :)

BTW There is also an issue with the Door AutoOpen code that were initially added in the Christmas update. In the latest update, it also closes doors that were left open. This is rather annoying as I like to leave my interior doors open to get around more quickly and ease navigation (they are themed or painted).
I would much prefer if the behaviour were restored to work the same as in the Christmas update. Could you please raise this issue?

I would much prefer if the behaviour were restored to work the same as in the Christmas update. Could you please raise this issue?

Be better if we had the option of disabling it altogether. Used to use a few doors as stations for an asphalt hermes boot runway, now its useless, among other now void contraptions using doors

Xbox 360: Attempting to rename a Piggy Bank freezes the game. And my console.
I have to manually turn it off and back on again and the game works fine after that

@Clancy117 - I had the same issue with levers. I had about 10 connected to various traps and other things in my world. After the update, not a single lever worked. I grabbed my wrenches to check out the issue, thought maybe wiring had disappeared (had 2 teleporters where this did happen), and everything was normal, no gaps in the wiring, and everything connected properly. I replaced the levers with switches and everything is up and running.

I think it might only happen under certain conditions because as I said, I checked the lever that works the water pumps for my reservoir and it still seems to be working.

The issue happens when you connect to more than one of the Levers four connection points with the same wire. A workaround is to make sure each wire connects to ONLY one connection point.

Great! :)

BTW There is also an issue with the Door AutoOpen code that were initially added in the Christmas update. In the latest update, it also closes doors that were left open. This is rather annoying as I like to leave my interior doors open to get around more quickly and ease navigation (they are themed or painted).
I made another discovery! It seems this glitch is not exclusive to just levers. I had a Bloodmoon happen and when I went to activate the security barriers at my next door NPC`s the switches didn`t work. After surviving the Bloodmoon I went back to remove the blocks I put in place since my switches didn`t work and brought my tools with me to see if I could fix the barriers. I got the idea that maybe if I removed all the switches, wires, and even the barriers themselves and put them back in again it would work. I tried it and my barriers popped right back up again! Although it might not be nessesary to completly dissassemble it in all cases as I got the Nurses security back up with a little tinkering, (because I built her a Hospital and I wasn`t about to re-do that mass of wiring).

Hey I also need to say that my White horseshoe balloon and my Yellow horseshoe from before the update are still switched around. I think it`s because they`re just stuck like that because they`re pre-update, (like my wiring was), and I plan on collecting materials from new post-update worlds, and creating a new Yellow horseshoe balloon to see if it`s been fixed.

General minion/pet bugs for the vita:
  1. Flying minions track targets through walls, flying into blocks while fruitlessly attempting to reach a far enemy. Basically their path finding is horrendous
  2. Mobile minions with projectile attacks (imp, retamini from the optic staff, etc) fire projectiles that are affected by gravity
  3. Spazmamini charges are slow and ridiculously long.
  4. Retamini lasers are HEAVILY affected by gravity, and ridiculously slow. Even zombies can outrun the laser on a horizontal or vertical direction
  5. Zephyr fish (a harmless pet) destroys foliage. Also believe it causes knock back on mobs
  6. Spazmamini and retamini (the optic staff) attacks at about half the speed it did on PC 1.2.4
  7. Retamini has widely varying damage on a single target (values of as high as 40 and as low as 7 seen on a single Crimson slime), with considerably higher contact damage (values of 50 damage seen when making contact with another Crimson slime)
  8. Retamini laser is considerably larger than its PC 1.2.4 equivalent, while its hit box is considerably smaller than the laser itself
  9. When using the twins, there's a weird image of spazmamini in the top left corner of the screen, slightly behind the first hotbar slot. This image constantly changes in transparency, and rotates around like it is targeting something

Basically, the optic staff (the pinnacle of the 1.2.4 update) is rather broken

In other news, could any Dev's confirm whether the option to enable/disable the D-pad functions will come to the vita?

Can confirm these issues with the Optic Staff are happening on Xbox 360 as well.

Another bug I have been having problems with is that the spectre armor with the mask is not giving the damage set bonus. Please update the forum as soon as possible. The set bonus might not be implemented yet, with may be another reason. Xbox one, for your information.

I think there is something wrong with the Bee mount as the first time I use it after entering a session it goes full speed like it should but after the first time it goes into the "tired" state it gets very sluggish in the air as if it was still on the ground and doesn't speed back up unless I enter a session again.

Another bug I have been having problems with is that the spectre armor with the mask is not giving the damage set bonus. Please update the forum as soon as possible. The set bonus might not be implemented yet, with may be another reason. Xbox one, for your information.

I can confirm there's no set bonus with the Spectre Mask on Xbox One. I found it quite odd tbh.

Hey. I just thought of something else that desperately needs a fix.

The razor blade tsunami (fishron homing spell)
It causes hilariously awful lag and desyncing issues for anyone client side. (Makes water look like a ant)

And by awful I mean have 1 guy do the pumpkin moon and the client still seeing events that happened 5 minutes ago. So bad in fact that it caused my game to repeatedly spawn in pumkings that fell to below the ground over and over again till the game suddenly made it night again (even though it was day for host) when the sun was halfway to noon

In regards to the new Summoning Staves, the Bees, the Imps, and the Twins have some issues.

Firstly, the Bees and Imps have terrible AI pathing; there could be mobs right above me, yet they're fixated on something behind a wall they cannot get to.

Secondly, the Optic Staff - While a little better than the Pre-Hardmode Staves, they still suffer from the poor AI pathing and get stuck on things. Also, the lasers that are fired are affected by gravity. This is easy to see, especially when they're shooting at something high up, as all lasers will eventually come back down.

I just got a Pirate Staff last night, but haven't had the time to test it out. I'll edit this post later. I'm on 360 as well.

One last thing - The Queen Spider Staff, when summoned, she can be killed by mobs. I'm fairly sure that's a bug since the Frost Hydra doesn't take damage from any sources.

In regards to the new Summoning Staves, the Bees, the Imps, and the Twins have some issues.

Firstly, the Bees and Imps have terrible AI pathing; there could be mobs right above me, yet they're fixated on something behind a wall they cannot get to.

Secondly, the Optic Staff - While a little better than the Pre-Hardmode Staves, they still suffer from the poor AI pathing and get stuck on things. Also, the lasers that are fired are affected by gravity. This is easy to see, especially when they're shooting at something high up, as all lasers will eventually come back down.

I just got a Pirate Staff last night, but haven't had the time to test it out. I'll edit this post later. I'm on 360 as well.

One last thing - The Queen Spider Staff, when summoned, she can be killed by mobs. I'm fairly sure that's a bug since the Frost Hydra doesn't take damage from any sources.
The mini twins have a hard time targeting any enemy compared to the pygmies on my 360.

Hi just wondering about corrupt files and how they happen just yesterday I got a corrupt file for no reason I can think of so does it have to do with items in came or the console itself

The most common cause is crash during save.

Best practice is always to back up your save files regularly

I was about to say that as well @Loki. However, there are other issues that can cause it, such as hacked-in items, or things modified to stack that shouldn't, such as a stack of 50 Guide Voodoo Dolls.

The best way to counter corrupted saves is to back things up, disable auto-save, never accept something from another player that you're unsure about, and avoid modifying your saves.

I was about to say that as well @Loki. However, there are other issues that can cause it, such as hacked-in items, or things modified to stack that shouldn't, such as a stack of 50 Guide Voodoo Dolls.

The best way to counter corrupted saves is to back things up, disable auto-save, never accept something from another player that you're unsure about, and avoid modifying your saves.
Weird. I never had that problem even though I (though dirty cheating) have stacks that are ridiculously large. I'll keep a eye out for it tho.

Back
Top Bottom