Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

The best way to counter corrupted saves is to back things up, disable auto-save, never accept something from another player that you're unsure about, and avoid modifying your saves.
That is very good advice. One day when I still had the Muramasa and Ancient Shadow armor I went to someone's world and went to the Dungeon. Another player gave me Red's Wings. After looking at the tooltip it had, I trashed it faster than the Dungeon Guardian's head could spin 360º, for fear of character corruption. I hope people who fall in this situation perform similar action! :)

Hey I also need to say that my White horseshoe balloon and my Yellow horseshoe from before the update are still switched around. I think it`s because they`re just stuck like that because they`re pre-update, (like my wiring was), and I plan on collecting materials from new post-update worlds, and creating a new Yellow horseshoe balloon to see if it`s been fixed.
Well after about 3 days of searching for a new Sandstorm in a Bottle then about 5 to 10 minutes of searching for a new Balloon and Lucky horseshoe I can confirm that the Yellow horseshoe balloon and White horseshoe balloon are still switched. Also:
I think there is something wrong with the Bee mount as the first time I use it after entering a session it goes full speed like it should but after the first time it goes into the "tired" state it gets very sluggish in the air as if it was still on the ground and doesn't speed back up unless I enter a session again.
Anyone besides me having the same issue?

@Clancy117 - Yes. The Bee Mount seems just like you said.

I crafted a full stack of Abeemonations and set out on my quest! There's a Sky Island right above my Jungle's surface and I was able to reach it with my first flight, but after that one it seemed like its flight-time was still on its internal-cooldown period. I didn't save and quit to try it again, but it never hit that height again after the first time.

I'd say there is a bug with that bug... heh! But hey, there's always the Pigron Mount.

Anyone had any issues with the Heart Reach Potion on Xbox One? You active the potion and it throws the hearts down below you 30-40 blocks roughly....

One more to add to the minion list (although some I'm okay with, mainly the new minions' range): Spider staff minion. When one of these little buggers lock onto something, they do invincibility frames so hard to the attached mob that nothing else from any source can damage the same mob (ex. Trying to hit Paladin with superior Terra Blade but do no damage due to spider attack speed+Venom). 360 btw

Anyone had any issues with the Heart Reach Potion on Xbox One? You active the potion and it throws the hearts down below you 30-40 blocks roughly....

I can confirm it was happening on Ps4. Noticed it when I fought the wall of flesh yesterday

Can either of you snap a photo of this for me and post it here if you can? I would greatly appreciate that.

One more to add to the minion list (although some I'm okay with, mainly the new minions' range): Spider staff minion. When one of these little buggers lock onto something, they do invincibility frames so hard to the attached mob that nothing else from any source can damage the same mob (ex. Trying to hit Paladin with superior Terra Blade but do no damage due to spider attack speed+Venom). 360 btw

This actually isn't a bug, this topic has been discussed in the past on PC. They do activately hit their target relatively quickly, but the reason this will not be changed is because of balancing purposes.

That actually applys to a lot of minions if you have enough of them (Pygmy. Slime. Pirates when they work properly. Etc)

Today I got a pirate staff and fired it off and the minions didn't stay after like 5 minutes. Checked Raven staff and they still staying out.

That isn't a bug. In Terraria there are two types of damage: direct and piercing.

Direct attacks are from non-piercing weapons (crystal storm spell, any gun using musket balls, razorpine, Pygmy staff, etc) and can do up to a very large amount of hits per second, as theoretically they can hit a target an infinite amount of times per second, provided it hits fast enough

Piercing attacks are from piercing weapons (spears, guns with crystal bullets, golden shower spell, and the spider staff as examples) are limited to inflicting 6 attacks per second, for balancing reasons. Between each attack from a piercing weapon, the enemy is made invincible for ~1/6th of a second.
With the spider staff, the spiders latch on to enemies, never letting go till the opponent dies, or the summoner. This means that the spider does damage to the enemy as soon as its frame of invincibility ends, putting it straight back into the invincibility stage.
The venom inclicted by the spider is a debuff, and should not affect your ability to damage an enemy as it is a different thing entirely

What this means:
  1. spiders will do a lot of damage per second against a single target when attached
  2. Additional spiders won't do additional damage against a single target
  3. Your attacks will not register against a target being harassed by a spider because the enemy is momentarily invincible
  4. Venom debuff doesn't affect your ability to hit a target, but it raises (slightly) the spiders DPS against a single target
Hope it helps!

Can either of you snap a photo of this for me and post it here if you can? I would greatly appreciate that.

The heart reach potion is broken across all console versions (unknown about Nintendo versions because that's based on mobile)
It's also hard to screenshot because the hearts are usually put in the floor, & in the Vita's case, the screens too small to see where they went.
In any case I'll try to post a screenshot, or gif, of the bug in effect
Today I got a pirate staff and fired it off and the minions didn't stay after like 5 minutes. Checked Raven staff and they still staying out.
The pirate staff is also broken? IS NO MINION SAFE ANYMORE?! Please tell me the tempest staff works as intended, because I don't want my summoner run to end prematurely..

The pirate staff is also broken? IS NO MINION SAFE ANYMORE?! Please tell me the tempest staff works as intended, because I don't want my summoner run to end prematurely..
If an enemy spawns off-screen, if that enemy is targeted first and another enemy is actually near you, the Sharknado doesn't go after the enemy that actually matters: the enemy next to you. That's my experience with the Tempest staff, anyway.

That isn't a bug. In Terraria there are two types of damage: direct and piercing.

Direct attacks are from non-piercing weapons (crystal storm spell, any gun using musket balls, razorpine, Pygmy staff, etc) and can do up to a very large amount of hits per second, as theoretically they can hit a target an infinite amount of times per second, provided it hits fast enough

Piercing attacks are from piercing weapons (spears, guns with crystal bullets, golden shower spell, and the spider staff as examples) are limited to inflicting 6 attacks per second, for balancing reasons. Between each attack from a piercing weapon, the enemy is made invincible for ~1/6th of a second.
With the spider staff, the spiders latch on to enemies, never letting go till the opponent dies, or the summoner. This means that the spider does damage to the enemy as soon as its frame of invincibility ends, putting it straight back into the invincibility stage.
The venom inclicted by the spider is a debuff, and should not affect your ability to damage an enemy as it is a different thing entirely

What this means:
  1. spiders will do a lot of damage per second against a single target when attached
  2. Additional spiders won't do additional damage against a single target
  3. Your attacks will not register against a target being harassed by a spider because the enemy is momentarily invincible
  4. Venom debuff doesn't affect your ability to hit a target, but it raises (slightly) the spiders DPS against a single target
Hope it helps!

The heart reach potion is broken across all console versions (unknown about Nintendo versions because that's based on mobile)
It's also hard to screenshot because the hearts are usually put in the floor, & in the Vita's case, the screens too small to see where they went.
In any case I'll try to post a screenshot, or gif, of the bug in effect

They seem to work fine. They have a bit to large of a radius if you ask me but they seek to function as intended

I'm on 360, and I have seen this as well. It was during a Frost Moon and was shocked that I was unable to collect a single heart. Definitely pretty hilarious, but ultimately scary during such an event.

I'm what regards? You'll have to be more specific than that.
The copper pick(possibly more) was given a huge buff for no reason. It mines just as fast as a demonite pick and breaks dirt in one hit. I'm on Xbox 360 on a new character.

The copper pick(possibly more) was given a huge buff for no reason. It mines just as fast as a demonite pick and breaks dirt in one hit. I'm on Xbox 360 on a new character.
All the picks go though dirt (w/o grass) in one hit now. I don't think that's a bug nor do I dislike it. Makes early game digging WAY less tedious.

Well, still can't make wires work any farther than before. Long wiring Xbox One has. Infinite, it does not.

Now I AM in an older world. Shouldn't be an issue tho.

All the picks go though dirt (w/o grass) in one hit now. I don't think that's a bug nor do I dislike it. Makes early game digging WAY less tedious.
It's a bug.
Remember how in PC1.2.4 they added a mechanic that allows you to start mining a block, then start mining another block before the first block is mined, and it saves the mining progress on the first block?
In console it seems that this mechanic is bugged in that the very first block you mine requires the standard amount of hits to destroy, and all subsequent blocks mined after it require one less hit to destroy

It's hard to explain properly..

Back
Top Bottom