Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

The more people that can test the no sound no auto save thing the better.

Could be important clues as to the source of the matter. Also how exactly you turned things off (in case one could interpret no sound in more than one way)

I can confirm that I have not had a crash yet with no sound and auto saving turned off. While that may change in the future, I highly recommend people going in with this setup if looking to play for longer periods of time.

I did 10 hours of play without in-game music since yesterday and i had just one crash while saving,i have auto save always off.As Loki said all try to close in-game music:go in options and set to 0 the music volume.

PS3, several issues and a question. I was excited to learn of the strange plants but have had no luck with them. Some places I read they are pc only but others that would normally specifying it's only pc doed not. We are hardmode on several maps and have fought many bosses Several times to no avail in hours of searching. Freezes and shuts down causing us to restart the system several times in a short period of time and only on this game. The Freezes tend to occur most often when one player is trying to fall down the hellavator or even a short fall down any shaft. Several times we have summoned mechanical bosses and they just don't show but uses our summoner. When trying to get bait, no luck with Cricket and worms for long periods of time. Can't get fireflies or butterflies to appear either.

Finally made an account so I could report bugs here.

Platform: Playstation 4

New Bugs
  • The maximum amount of concurrent sounds was lowered -- obvious with overlapping sounds such as rapid fire weapons, buying a stack of items, or anything else that rapidly creates sound.
  • Palm trees grow on world generation, but not from acorns to be cultivatable.
  • Fall damage is scaled ridiculously high
  • Mini Minotaur pet persists after dismissing the buff
  • Pearlwood, Ebonwood, and Shadewood chests have new tile graphics, but old icon graphics

Old (still present) Bugs
  • Zooming in with the touchpad reveals visible seams in the world background
  • Hoverboard has stray black line in sprite (noticeable when zoomed in and gliding)
  • Yellow horseshoe balloon and white horseshoe balloons effects are reversed
  • hammered slopes directly above the surface of water causes a visual error
  • Paladin's hammer sometimes causes visual errors when thrown
I can confirm all those issues are in game. Especially fall damage. It's insane. But to be fair, it's probably the sudden stop at the end. ;)

EDIT: this "confirm" counts for the PSvita version as well.

Another bug on Playstation 4:
Traveling merchant's name isn't saved with the world (i.e. exiting and re-entering world causes a random name for him)

;(;(;(A big problem I'm facing with the ps vita version of terraria is that every time i try to enter my worlds that are in hard mode the game crashes.it really suck because I really can't make progress

;(;(;(A big problem I'm facing with the ps vita version of terraria is that every time i try to enter my worlds that are in hard mode the game crashes.it really suck because I really can't make progress

If your worlds are medium or large that seems to happen, your best bet is to just use small worlds until they squash that annoying bug.

The manual cursor in the PS3/PSVita versions seems to be a bit too sensitive. I noticed that even when I have my analog perfectly in the center, the cursor will drift to the left in the PS3 version without my input, and down in the PSVita version without my input. From what I've looked up a lot of PS3/Vita users have a similar issue, and there've been multiple people who've simply bought new Vitas, or new controllers with no avail.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with PS4/Xbox360/XboxOne users, but perhaps dead-zone options would be beneficial to the game.

The manual cursor in the PS3/PSVita versions seems to be a bit too sensitive. I noticed that even when I have my analog perfectly in the center, the cursor will drift to the left in the PS3 version without my input, and down in the PSVita version without my input. From what I've looked up a lot of PS3/Vita users have a similar issue, and there've been multiple people who've simply bought new Vitas, or new controllers with no avail.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with PS4/Xbox360/XboxOne users, but perhaps dead-zone options would be beneficial to the game.

I have had similar issues with the cursor drifting on the Vita version, it seems to be caused ( on my version at least) by having the thumbstick pressed in a direction
when starting the game/ or starting the console. To rectify it I have to restart the game/console making sure that I haven't got the thumbstick pressed. This may help with your issues, but then again it may not.

Noticed some bugs. (ps vita version)
When placing down a Boreal Workbench it emits light:
View attachment 90271
Zephyr Fish as well as Baby Grinch and Mini Minotaur pets destroy grass/flowers, vines while moving through them.
Zephyr Fish and Mini Minotaur pets don't disappear after you cancel out the pet buff. It will stay until you either die or re-enter the world.
View attachment 90274
Also some pets after some time make a smoke animation (same when you summon them)
I don't know if its intended or not, but now you can summon pets by pressing quick buff button.
Palm trees doesn't grow from acorns on ANY type of sand.

PS: after the update Orange Bloodroots became more common, which is great news for lots of players!

Edit: forgot to mention that, white horseshoe ballon and yellow horseshoe ballon STILL have their abilities swaped.
I play Xbox 360 Terraria, just got my Mini Minotaur last night and found these bugs: Minotaur would not despawn when I cancelled the buff but did despawn when I used the summoner while it was present and while it was following me it destroyed every weed it touched. I'll post more on this if I find anything else.

I play Xbox 360 Terraria, just got my Mini Minotaur last night and found these bugs: Minotaur would not despawn when I cancelled the buff but did despawn when I used the summoner while it was present and while it was following me it destroyed every weed it touched. I'll post more on this if I find anything else.
Update: I tried using my pet summoners to find out which ones are messed up and I found that the source of the problem isn't very clear but there is a detour around it but it's inconvenient for those who don't have multiple summoners so it still needs to be fixed: It seems that only certain pet summoners are having this spawn glitch (like the Tartar sauce and the Dog whistle for example) which prevents them from despawning or respaning under certain circumstances. For instance, I had my minotaur with me when I was mining and due to a distraction my character was killed and when I respawned I tried to re-summon my Minotaur but the Summoner did not bring it back. However, when I used a different non-glitchy pet summoner, (Forgot which one), and then switched back to the Minotaur summoner, I immediately got my Minotaur back upon using the Tartar sauce. In short, whatever this bug is, it's only effecting certain pet summoners In a way that makes using them time-consuming but not impossible.

I can confirm all those issues are in game. Especially fall damage. It's insane. But to be fair, it's probably the sudden stop at the end. ;)

EDIT: this "confirm" counts for the PSvita version as well.
Seems like our fall damage on the Xbox 360 got boosted as well but then again I could be wrong as its been so long since I didn't use a lucky horseshoe that I may have forgotten what the original fall damage was but I certanly don't remember it being so high that it kills you when you have a full 400 hp and you use Rocket boots from the top of a two story base and drop to the ground.

I have had similar issues with the cursor drifting on the Vita version, it seems to be caused ( on my version at least) by having the thumbstick pressed in a direction
when starting the game/ or starting the console. To rectify it I have to restart the game/console making sure that I haven't got the thumbstick pressed. This may help with your issues, but then again it may not.

I'll try it and see what happens, but I believe that happens even when I don't press anything.

EDIT: Nope. Still have the issue. I really hope they change the sensitivity on the cursor- this is just kinda frustrating...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom