Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

Played the Vita for about 3 hours with the sound+music off, and auto save off. When I saved the game with save&exit, it crashed.

I think many of you are missing the point. The Vita's crashing issue is not a random crash issue, it's a crash when saving the game

You turn off auto save, and the game crashes a darn site less, because it saves a darn site less

another bug to mention though is that the title music still plays on the main menu even if you have the volume off (vita issue only, as far as I know)

I don t know if music is related to save crash but i can say that i m at 15 hours of game without music and i had only one crash in the first 5 hours.The others 10 hours i did a lot of stuff and i never had crash while saving.
I suggest you to keep playing without music and check how many hours you play for test it better because for me all is going well.

Hey guys mentioned earlier in the post that I didn't have crashes and after looking at later post I checked my in game settings. I have no auto save and no music. Also I never save and exit. I manual save then close the game from the live area and it hasn't caused any problems. I haven't tried in hard mode but I didn't have crashes before with the same settings. My base is in the sky and I'm just not ready for wyverns again.:)

One glitch I found extremely annoying and tiring on Vita is when you fish out a crate, you can't open it no matter what you do. I tried it in my inventory, hotbar, and I placed it to see if anything would. I'm not sure if it's on any other consoles or not because I only have a Vita, but I would really like to see this glitch fixed in the upcoming update.

Black cat pet is not spawning when the unlucky yarn is used.
I know a way around that until they fix it: just use any pet summoners that you know work then switch back and use the unlucky yarn. The pet you summoned previously will be replaced with the black cat. Bug avoided! :happy:

One glitch I found extremely annoying and tiring on Vita is when you fish out a crate, you can't open it no matter what you do. I tried it in my inventory, hotbar, and I placed it to see if anything would. I'm not sure if it's on any other consoles or not because I only have a Vita, but I would really like to see this glitch fixed in the upcoming update.

I have only psvita version and i can open crates. Put crates on the hotbar then press " R " for open it.

My test update:

20 hours of game done and i had only one crash in the first 5 hours as i wrote before.
My game settings are:in-game music off,autosave off.

I was the one who reported the mine cart not jumping correctly. if you compare the PS4 version with the Vita version you'll notice a difference. Instead of jumping how it should like it does in the PC version or even the PS4 version it sort of has a downward velocity. you'd have to see it first hand to know what I'm talking about.

What I mean is there's very little jump arc at all vs the way it's supposed to be. personally I'd like this to be one of the first bugs fixed after the infamous random crash bug as I love making rollercoasters with the rails. there are some smaller sound issues with the new console update as well as some graphical things when using the razorblade typhoon on Vita. I can confirm that you can't use weapons while in the minecart. you can't use any other item while in either so you can't use bug nets, axes, pickaxes...anything.

for the presents they ARE openable. you open your inventory and press Triangle or Y depending on your console preference between Playstation and Xbox.
I recently acquired my first mount on the 360 with the Fuzzy carrot and I've read on the official Terraria wiki that you're supposed to be able to use weapons and tools and such while on a mount but when I tried to use my Minishark while on my Bunny mount my mount despawned. I'm guessing that's not supposed to happen.

Noticed some more bugs:
Wrong animation of Mermaid Tail and lower part of Robes while jumping
(only happens with Vampire Shirt equipped, maybe with some other unique items like Rain Coat)
2016-01-02-232415.jpg 2016-01-02-232549.jpg
In order to make Robe visible I put it in the armor slot maybe that also a bug?
(is it wrong that vanity shirt overlaps only top part of armor and not the leg part, or its supposed to be like that?) And the Dye of chestpiece doesn't color the lower part of robe while on that equip screen, but on the actual character it does.
2016-01-02-232534.jpg 2016-01-02-234414.jpg
Crimsand doesn't change water color to red.
2016-01-02-234211.jpg
Also tryed that method with my old character "Auto save off, sound and music off". Set myself a timer for half an hour and just played it out than manualy saved. Three times all crashes while saving. If that actualy helps someone atleast NOTE what character you using newly created or one which has some hardmode items or whatever, because I think that new character don't suffer that crashing problem at least to the point when you break the first demon altar (that is the moment when my game started crashing in my testing playthrough anyway).

I recently acquired my first mount on the 360 with the Fuzzy carrot and I've read on the official Terraria wiki that you're supposed to be able to use weapons and tools and such while on a mount but when I tried to use my Minishark while on my Bunny mount my mount despawned. I'm guessing that's not supposed to happen.
The ability to use tools and weapons on mounts was added in 1.3

it'd be cool if they added the ability earlier for console. 3DS already has the option to use weapons, etc with minecarts. not sure if they added mounts yet though

So I reacently bought Terraria on the Xbox one but I can't play online, every time I try to join my friends world it says "The game will end due to the Member Content settings of one of the signed in profiles" and it quits the world also it doesn't give me the option to put a world I create "online" or invite only" PLZ SOMEONE HELP

So I reacently bought Terraria on the Xbox one but I can't play online, every time I try to join my friends world it says "The game will end due to the Member Content settings of one of the signed in profiles" and it quits the world also it doesn't give me the option to put a world I create "online" or invite only" PLZ SOMEONE HELP
Sounds like you don't have Xbox live gold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom