Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

Hi everyone,

OP updated with current status, direct from the QA team. Issues have been split into (a) those that have been reproduced, logged in the database, and queued for fixing for the next release, (b) those that were unable to be reproduced by the team (if you have additional information, please let us know!), and (c) issues still being tested/investigated.

Also, we should soon have a better way for you to let us know about bugs and suggestions, which will feed DIRECTLY into the QA and development team's database. While we still believe it important to keep threads like these updated, they aren't very time- or accuracy-efficient for collection/tracking purposes, and we believe it would be best for there to be a direct way to get these into their system. We did something like this recently with another one of our titles, and it worked out well. :)

Stay tuned for more information soon!

The Xbox 360 version has a major save glitch that it freezes and crashes the Xbox 360. I hope they fix this.

It's annoying....I'm having trouble on terraria Xbox one. There is some sort of issue with the solar eclipse, because I've gone through 2 already and not a SINGLE item has dropped from any monsters. I've probably killed 500 of them between the 2 events and I haven't even gotten a banner of any kind. It's quite annoying when you need to get a broken hero sword. I don't know if it's a bug or what, but if it were looked into it would be greatly appreciated

It's annoying....I'm having trouble on terraria Xbox one. There is some sort of issue with the solar eclipse, because I've gone through 2 already and not a SINGLE item has dropped from any monsters. I've probably killed 500 of them between the 2 events and I haven't even gotten a banner of any kind. It's quite annoying when you need to get a broken hero sword. I don't know if it's a bug or what, but if it were looked into it would be greatly appreciated

Hello @AXEKILLER X44, I did get 1 broken hero sword, but I believe that is the only item besides some coins and a few health hearts. It has dramatically decreased the drop rates during the solar eclipse.
@505 Games Support please note the low drop rates for the solar eclipse.

Hello @AXEKILLER X44, I did get 1 broken hero sword, but I believe that is the only item besides some coins and a few health hearts. It has dramatically decreased the drop rates during the solar eclipse.
@505 Games Support please note the low drop rates for the solar eclipse.

I went through two Solar Eclipses without a single drop as well, and I did think it was strange. However, during the next one I got three Broken Hero Swords and a few Banners. I would honestly say such a low sample size hardly makes it a bug within the drop-rates. Now if you had gone through 10 or more without anything other than money drops, I might say there could be an issue here. But again, 10 is still on the low end of sample sizes.

Just my two cents.

I went through two Solar Eclipses without a single drop as well, and I did think it was strange. However, during the next one I got three Broken Hero Swords and a few Banners. I would honestly say such a low sample size hardly makes it a bug within the drop-rates. Now if you had gone through 10 or more without anything other than money drops, I might say there could be an issue here. But again, 10 is still on the low end of sample sizes.

Just my two cents.

I have had many solar eclipses since the game came out on xbox one and the drop rates are significantly lower. I have had back to back and events with blood moons and eclipses for a second time in a row without breaks. So the drop rates are definitely bugged from the previous releases.

I have had many solar eclipses since the game came out on xbox one and the drop rates are significantly lower. I have had back to back and events with blood moons and eclipses for a second time in a row without breaks. So the drop rates are definitely bugged from the previous releases.
Speaking of spawn rates, before the update I had the maximum number of Meteor biomes on my map up until I recently decided it was time to clean them up. Now I`ve been waiting a while for more to drop but instead i`ve had a Blood moon every couple of nights or so and it seems like i`ve been getting rain more freqently but not a single Meteor has crashed and there has been more than enough time that at least one should have crashed by now.

Speaking of spawn rates, before the update I had the maximum number of Meteor biomes on my map up until I recently decided it was time to clean them up. Now I`ve been waiting a while for more to drop but instead i`ve had a Blood moon every couple of nights or so and it seems like i`ve been getting rain more freqently but not a single Meteor has crashed and there has been more than enough time that at least one should have crashed by now.
Meteorites crash veeeeeery rarely after you've cleared out all of the shadow orbs/crimson hearts. They only have a 2% chance each night so I doubt it's a bug.

Meteorites crash veeeeeery rarely after you've cleared out all of the shadow orbs/crimson hearts. They only have a 2% chance each night so I doubt it's a bug.
Thanks for clearing that up. That`s actually better because before, I had stopped mining them because I got tired of having to freqently fix the damages that every new one caused since I altered the entire surface of the map for quicker travel but after I mined them up and waited I was starting to worry that the update might have glitched the spawn and I wouldn`t be able to get anymore Meteorite.

Thanks for clearing that up. That`s actually better because before, I had stopped mining them because I got tired of having to freqently fix the damages that every new one caused since I altered the entire surface of the map for quicker travel but after I mined them up and waited I was starting to worry that the update might have glitched the spawn and I wouldn`t be able to get anymore Meteorite.
Go to a new world and break a shadow orb/ crimson heart 1 a night for a 50% chance of one to spawn.

@505 Games Support, i have 2 issues:
  1. mounts rise your hitbox, meaning fighter AI mobs like zombies will not hit you.
  2. Zephyr fish's animation is faster than on PC.
i'm not sure if they where reported though.

Some of these are from my other reports, but I condensed and removed issues that are already accounted for in the first post.

Platform: Playstation 4

• The maximum amount of concurrent sounds was lowered -- obvious with overlapping sounds such as rapid fire weapons, buying a stack of items, or anything else that rapidly creates sound.
  • Pearlwood, Ebonwood, and Shadewood chests have new tile graphics, but old icon graphics
  • Zooming in with the touchpad reveals visible seams in the world background
  • Hoverboard has stray black line in sprite (noticeable when zoomed in and gliding) May not be in the actual graphic but is a "seam" similar to the previous point
  • Yellow horseshoe balloon and white horseshoe balloons effects are reversed
  • Hammered slopes directly above the surface of water causes a visual error
  • Traveling Merchant's name doesn't save with the world
  • Having a multi-hook grappling hook selected in hotbar and using quick-grapple (L1) doesn't have cooldown so you can use the item (R1) immediately
  • Grappling to blocks removes the yellow guides from highlighted blocks when mining
  • Grasshoppers are immune to player caused damage (funny when pumpkins from Horsesman's Blade chase it)

PS4 bug: Minecarts tend to "phase" through the track when on angles...sometimes above the track and sometimes below it.

there are a lot of things amiss but nothing gamebreaking. Minecarts still work just fine beyond small visual bugs. they still are able to bounce from barriers, stop on the stop rails and jump rail gaps without a problem as far as I can tell.

Some of these are from my other reports, but I condensed and removed issues that are already accounted for in the first post.

• The maximum amount of concurrent sounds was lowered -- obvious with overlapping sounds such as rapid fire weapons, buying a stack of items, or anything else that rapidly creates sound.
  • Pearlwood, Ebonwood, and Shadewood chests have new tile graphics, but old icon graphics
  • Hoverboard has stray black line in sprite (noticeable when zoomed in and gliding) May not be in the actual graphic but is a "seam" similar to the previous point
  • Having a multi-hook grappling hook selected in hotbar and using quick-grapple (L1) doesn't have cooldown so you can use the item (R1) immediately
  • Grappling to blocks removes the yellow guides from highlighted blocks when mining
  • Grasshoppers are immune to player caused damage (funny when pumpkins from Horsesman's Blade chase it)
The first one we already know is a problem on the Xbox 360 as there are alot of people who use the Minishark but once I read about the Yellow and White horseshoe ballons being switched around I decided to test this since I have one and sure enough, the abilities have been swapped. Anyone who has a Xbox 360 and a PS4 should be playing Terraria on both to see if there are anymore bugs that both consoles share in common.

Last edited:

I would just like to say, for the Traveling merchant. the name changes whenever they appear again. it does that on the pc version so that is nothing odd.

What I meant was when you leave a world with the merchant spawned and come back it's obviously the same merchant because they're in the same place and have the same items, but a different name. I'm not talking about when they despawn and respawn with the day/night cycle.

Also: When you drop the Peddler's hat on the ground, it floats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom