Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

I downloaded the bug fix and made a new mob trap when after complimenting the 1 way wall glitch my game crashed after trying out the trap... I don't know if it was all the spiky ball traps or what but something went wrong. Also the death respawn timer doesn't work-I can just press x and I'll instantly respawn. Has this been happening to anyone else?o_O

I downloaded the bug fix and made a new mob trap when after complimenting the 1 way wall glitch my game crashed after trying out the trap... I don't know if it was all the spiky ball traps or what but something went wrong. Also the death respawn timer doesn't work-I can just press x and I'll instantly respawn. Has this been happening to anyone else?o_O
I have used about 60 Spiky Ball Traps at the same time without any noticable problems. If you think they are the culprit, you could try disabling half of them and then try again.
As for the Respawn Timer, it will return in the next update (to some people's dismay). :p

is it me, or they lowered of how high you can be before taking fall damage, because i was battling the EOC and i died when i tryed to hit it. (EOC wasn't high) :(

This is a bug for Xbox Transfering. I recently transferred a Xbox 360 save to the Xbox One. (Character and world) Everytime I try to load up the transferred character with the transferred world the game completely crashes and unable to play. `:cry:
[DOUBLEPOST=1451033131,1451033000][/DOUBLEPOST]

Did you try opening the presents up in your inventory instead of the hotbar?
Sometimes I get this problem were fishron in his second phase doesn't change color

Theres a Bug where a Palladium Pickaxe Can mine Adamantite Ore, Titanium Ore Must be fixed!
[DOUBLEPOST=1455835717,1455835600][/DOUBLEPOST]Also i have a question are there Mounts in PS3,PS4,Xbox360,Xbox one i really want to know because i wanted to get the Fuzzy carrot from the angler

Theres a Bug where a Palladium Pickaxe Can mine Adamantite Ore, Titanium Ore Must be fixed!
[DOUBLEPOST=1455835717,1455835600][/DOUBLEPOST]Also i have a question are there Mounts in PS3,PS4,Xbox360,Xbox one i really want to know because i wanted to get the Fuzzy carrot from the angler
Yes we have Mounts but not all of the 1.2.4 Mounts yet, You get the Fuzzy carrot after you complete five fishing quests.

Okay so, I feel I'm not the only one who's seen this but if you are playing (mine being a PS3 console) and don't have auto-save on and you try to save, I have had one of three things happen. 1. You save your game and walk away happy! 2. You unpause the game move a bit and the game crashes. 3. If you don't save, for example in about an hour or so and try, the game will crash even if step 2 is not followed. This is so bad especially because I try grinding for and Item for about an hour or so and all to have it crash and brought back to my last save point. This is terrible can someone also replicate this so I know I'm not alone here? I've confirmed this on two of my own personal PS3 consoles.

Okay so, I feel I'm not the only one who's seen this but if you are playing (mine being a PS3 console) and don't have auto-save on and you try to save, I have had one of three things happen. 1. You save your game and walk away happy! 2. You unpause the game move a bit and the game crashes. 3. If you don't save, for example in about an hour or so and try, the game will crash even if step 2 is not followed. This is so bad especially because I try grinding for and Item for about an hour or so and all to have it crash and brought back to my last save point. This is terrible can someone also replicate this so I know I'm not alone here? I've confirmed this on two of my own personal PS3 consoles.
A couple of questions that pops into my head when I read your post:
* What world size are you playing on when it crashes? Large?
* Can PS3 have background apps running like Voice Chat while playing Terraria?
I'm wondering if your issue is somehow related to the memory issue that VITA users had.

As for me I'm playing on a X360 and I haven't experienced any crashes the way you describe it (I have experienced 2 crashes in 3 years while starting the game right after selecting storage). I always play with auto-save off, and only save manually when I have made significant progress. I frequently leave the console paused for long periods, sometimes overnight to a couple of days (as I forget I left it on), and there's no problem continuing afterwards. I sometimes run overnight to day long AFK Farming sessions without any problems (except possibly getting killed by some mob).

Yeah, the ps3 version crashes as well and its not even capable of running background features so I dont think that's the issue. I play with autosave on and it'll run fine for 2-5 hours but beyond that point it'll crash. Also, crashing seems to be more frequent when playing multiplayer. Lol, it seems like the playstation versions of Terraria are plagued with the crash-save issue.

odd. The PS3 should be more than able to handle Terraria. If this IS the same crash bug as the Vita version it may not be to memory constraints. Perhaps there's a bit of data missing or a gap it's falling through. Like hitting a pothole and getting a flat tire?

odd. The PS3 should be more than able to handle Terraria. If this IS the same crash bug as the Vita version it may not be to memory constraints. Perhaps there's a bit of data missing or a gap it's falling through. Like hitting a pothole and getting a flat tire?
Yeah I was thinking the same. The ps3 should have no problem with Terraria.

Crashing after 2-5 hours sounds like a memory leak, so it may well be due to memory. Reading the specifications, the PS Vita actually have more memory available (512 MB RAM, 128 MB VRAM) than PS3 (256 MB system and 256 MB video). So minimising memory usage by playing on smaller worlds should extend the time that you can play.

Still, it's not acceptable to have crashes that often. Have you reported this to 505? If they are aware of it they can do something about it. Maybe the Vita fixes will benefit the other console versions as well in the next update.

And here I thought Terraria was the most stable game ever, based on my own experience... :(

Yeah, the ps3 version crashes as well and its not even capable of running background features so I dont think that's the issue. I play with autosave on and it'll run fine for 2-5 hours but beyond that point it'll crash. Also, crashing seems to be more frequent when playing multiplayer. Lol, it seems like the playstation versions of Terraria are plagued with the crash-save issue.
Do you have the disk, or the download? If you have the download, it will not be all that good, but the disk is much more better.

I have the downloaded version, but the game never used to crash in the past (2013) and when it did it was uber-rare. I think all the content being added is giving the PS3 a hard time coping with everything that's going on.

Whether you have the disk or the download doesn't really matter as they both gets updated to the same version through PSN/Xbox Live. The only advantage the disk version have over download is that you can bring it over to a friend who doesn't have Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom