Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

What triggers the waterfall sound? Rain? Duke Fishron?

I know of 2 instances where water sound plays when it shouldn't:
  1. Rain. If you exit a world while it's raining and then load another world where it isn't raining, the rain sound will keep playing in the new world for a while. This bug has been around since forever.
  2. Duke Fishron. Sometimes when you win a fight against Duke Fishron, a water sound starts playing. It continues to play for quite some time, though it stops eventually. It even plays for a bit when exiting to the main menu.

Usually the waterfall sound bug happens when I've been around a waterfall for awhile. An interesting thing I've noticed is that the waterfall sound doesn't play at all if I only linger near the waterfall for a few seconds. I've also had the same lingering sound issue with lava on both console and mobile. The sounds do stop after a while though. Could be an issue with ambient sounds in general (At least for 1.2, don't know about 1.3).

I don't know if it is found out yet, but when I updated the game (finally) and entered my world all dynasty doors changed to frozen doors. It isn't game breaking, but annoying. It only has happened once to me, so far for.
Happened to me too. Good thing I have some Dynasty wood stashed away in a Chest at my Main base.

I don't know why but i just recently experienced an audio bug where sometimes when it is raining, the rain music sometimes goes in slow motion, this also (even less often) happens when using the magic mirror in the same situation. this bug was experienced on my ps3, now i will admit, my ps3 is having issues such as it not reading disks. my ps3 is being replaced and that may or may not fix it. by the way, this bug has NEVER happened to me before.

I'm on the ps4 playing now, after all three snowball launcher I've got disappear when I try to place them. Like poof .. :p couldn't see it on the list so here it though I should say;)

what i dont understand? what fishron are you talking about? as i know fishron isnt on ps3. playing at ps3 and heard nothing
[doublepost=1460396363,1460396332][/doublepost]
I'm on the ps4 playing now, after all three snowball launcher I've got disappear when I try to place them. Like poof .. :p couldn't see it on the list so here it though I should say;)
same problem, just ps3

what i dont understand? what fishron are you talking about? as i know fishron isnt on ps3. playing at ps3 and heard nothing
[doublepost=1460396363,1460396332][/doublepost]
same problem, just ps3

I know for a fact that Duke Fishron is on ps3, the only other fishron i know is found in the hallow/corruption + snow biome. it is the only place you can get that mount or pet (i forgot which one it is)

When I play splitscreen on Xbox One, the bottom screen is cropped at the bottom, and sometimes I am able to zoom out far enough to see enemies spawn.

Slime staff is evil!! The mobs will try to get to you when the slime is attacking it. And u can't hurt a mob that is attacked by the slime and then u die if u don't notice

Does gold hearts work on the console edition?

Slime staff is evil!! The mobs will try to get to you when the slime is attacking it. And u can't hurt a mob that is attacked by the slime and then u die if u don't notice

Now that you mention it that is probably a glitch. I have a Slime staff on my version, (Xbox360), and whenever I have a Slime summoned and it attacks a mob I've found that I can't do any more damage to that mob until my Slime stops attacking it. I haven't tried canceling the Slimes buff to see if that will let me do damage again but as long as the Slime is attacking the enemy only the Slime can do damage to it.

Now that you mention it that is probably a glitch.
Actually thats normal. Just like the player becomes invulnerable for a short time right after taking damage, so does enemies (only they are invulnerable for a shorter time).
The Slime Staff is the weakest summoner weapon in the game and is best used against very weak enemies like zombies. For stronger enemies, change your strategy so that the summoner is out of harms way, if you absolutely have to use the Slime Staff.

Do you mean Life Fruit? Yes they work.

I apologize if this has been mentioned at some point in this thread and I overlooked it; however I have been unable to get the King Slime Trophy. I know I've got a solid ~30 kills and no luck. I even went as far as to make an arena in my world just after the dungeon to farm him because it was easier than raiding new worlds for gold/platinum ore.

So is this just RNG being its usual self, or the trophy not being in the game yet? If I read something incorrectly in the patch notes, I do apologize for my ignorance.

Thanks to any and all who reply.

It's RNG. The trophy is ridiculously hard to get even on PC.

My only King Slime Trophy (Xbox 360):
20160419_075327.jpg

I apologize if this has been mentioned at some point in this thread and I overlooked it; however I have been unable to get the King Slime Trophy. I know I've got a solid ~30 kills and no luck. I even went as far as to make an arena in my world just after the dungeon to farm him because it was easier than raiding new worlds for gold/platinum ore.

So is this just RNG being its usual self, or the trophy not being in the game yet? If I read something incorrectly in the patch notes, I do apologize for my ignorance.

Thanks to any and all who reply.
It's RNG. The trophy is ridiculously hard to get even on PC.

My only King Slime Trophy (Xbox 360):
View attachment 105205
I have one too and I agree that they can take a bit of time to get. My advice @LordNosferatu is to use the old "Load last save" trick to get it. Just save before you use the Slime Crown and if he doesn`t drop the Trophy after you`ve kicked his slimy :red: again, just exit without saving and load the save you made before the fight and kick his :red: again. He`ll have to drop it eventually.

I have one too and I agree that they can take a bit of time to get. My advice @LordNosferatu is to use the old "Load last save" trick to get it. Just save before you use the Slime Crown and if he doesn`t drop the Trophy after you`ve kicked his slimy :red: again, just exit without saving and load the save you made before the fight and kick his :red: again. He`ll have to drop it eventually.

That is an awesome idea! Thank you for that tip, good sir.

Edit -

Well, it would appear that RNG is indeed just RNG afterall, lol! I decided to take the advice given by @Clancy117 and I got my trophy from the second kill. Now my OCD can rest a bit knowing that my Trophy Room is complete.

P.S. - Don't tell my OCD that there's still a drop to get from Plantera.

Last edited:
Actually thats normal. Just like the player becomes invulnerable for a short time right after taking damage, so does enemies (only they are invulnerable for a shorter time).
The Slime Staff is the weakest summoner weapon in the game and is best used against very weak enemies like zombies. For stronger enemies, change your strategy so that the summoner is out of harms way, if you absolutely have to use the Slime Staff.

Do you mean Life Fruit? Yes they work.

So on the ios I can still attack enemies even if my slime or pirate attack the enemy on ps4 not. So I continued my journey without a fighting mate:)

And the life fruit acts different on ps4 then ios that's why I asked. On ios u loose goldhearts first then red hearts of ps4 I just seemed to loose the red hearts like the gold don't mattered. Bit I think it's fine now when I have all gold ones:)

So on the ios I can still attack enemies even if my slime or pirate attack the enemy on ps4 not. So I continued my journey without a fighting mate:)

And the life fruit acts different on ps4 then ios that's why I asked. On ios u loose goldhearts first then red hearts of ps4 I just seemed to loose the red hearts like the gold don't mattered. Bit I think it's fine now when I have all gold ones:)
Gold hearts on console and PC just increase that specific heart from 20 hp to 25 hp so that's why it looks different on consoles and PC than Mobile.

Gold hearts on console and PC just increase that specific heart from 20 hp to 25 hp so that's why it looks different on consoles and PC than Mobile.
Thanks for the answer

Update!! Only slime staff doe there aren't any others before I got my pygmy staff that is bugged.
I can fight same mob as the pygmy does. With slime staff I can't hurt the mobs. Totale wrong place but I can finnaly play on the ios version again nice work ppl! !

Back
Top Bottom