Console Terraria Console Holiday 2015 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny. I've been trying to understand the glitch myself, and I've found some things. The crashes are caused by saving. If you turn auto save off, you can go for hours, no problem. But that obviously that doesn't help anything. Even if you pause and wait for the save to complete it will still crash about 2/3 times. Even saving and quitting won't help you, still crashes before the bar fills usually. But I found something weird. I started a new world, and I've played it a lot and saved a ton, but no crashing. I think it has something to do with the load accumulated through many hours of play or the update can't handle the format of old worlds for some reason. Sorry no real definitive solution, but maybe you can try opening a new world. Granted I haven't done too much in the new world, but it seems to be stabler.
I've tried pratically everything man including a new world it still ends up happening still it just crashes less above ground in a new world it seems but as soon as you go underground its back to normal crashes

It's funny. I've been trying to understand the glitch myself, and I've found some things. The crashes are caused by saving. If you turn auto save off, you can go for hours, no problem. But that obviously that doesn't help anything. Even if you pause and wait for the save to complete it will still crash about 2/3 times. Even saving and quitting won't help you, still crashes before the bar fills usually. But I found something weird. I started a new world, and I've played it a lot and saved a ton, but no crashing. I think it has something to do with the load accumulated through many hours of play or the update can't handle the format of old worlds for some reason. Sorry no real definitive solution, but maybe you can try opening a new world. Granted I haven't done too much in the new world, but it seems to be stabler.
Well maybe, it's more about enemy frequency then. It could be that when too many enemies can spawn it forces the game to crash. This might be a bit much to ask, but you might have to settle for only saving during the day, above ground, and away from any corrupt/hallow/mushroom lands. At any rate this should be a huge issue for the company. Hopefully they find patch it up soon.

Well maybe, it's more about enemy frequency then. It could be that when too many enemies can spawn it forces the game to crash. This might be a bit much to ask, but you might have to settle for only saving during the day, above ground, and away from any corrupt/hallow/mushroom lands. At any rate this should be a huge issue for the company. Hopefully they find patch it up soon.

or just play games that don't crash as its to much of a pain in the :red: to deal with and everybody keeps saying turn off autosave that solves NOTHING same with music all you do with autosave off is run the risk of a crash without saving which yes also happens

Last edited by a moderator:
both at the same time. I haven't had a crash yet

because the crashes are completely random ive gone a few hours (RARELY) without a crash then boom there it is you are just going to get the crash that corrupts you world like i have to many times now

Again, would encourage everyone to try that and report results back. This is important because if it does work, it indicates some more specificity around what may be causing the issue. It's like diagnosing a sick patient and putting together the symptoms....

I've manage to get everything of "Duke Fishron", apart from the "Fishron Wings". Anyone got any for the 360??

Also ive got the Mounts apart from the "Reindeer Bells of the "Frost Moon" event. Also need there 3 trophies. Can only get to wave 14 on my own.

anyone got them yet?

Attachments

• IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 240
I've manage to get everything of "Duke Fishron", apart from the "Fishron Wings". Anyone got any for the 360??

Also ive got the Mounts apart from the "Reindeer Bells of the "Frost Moon" event. Also need there 3 trophies. Can only get to wave 14 on my own.

anyone got them yet?
I've gotten 5 pairs of fishron wings, you need to get the o at least wave 15 in the frost moon to get reindeer bells
They have a .56% chance of dropping at wave 15", so good luck. What items are you using\ what setup\ arena, I get tovwave 15 every time, but hardly ever wave 16 with my mage setup

I'm on Xbox 360

I have 1 Santa trophy and 1 everscream trophy

I've gotten 5 pairs of fishron wings, you need to get the o at least wave 15 in the frost moon to get reindeer bells
They have a .56% chance of dropping at wave 15", so good luck. What items are you using\ what setup\ arena, I get tovwave 15 every time, but hardly ever wave 16 with my mage setup

I'm on Xbox 360

I have 1 Santa trophy and 1 everscream trophy

show off lol. got a battle bunker i made up. Got a spare fishron wings?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet....

On the ps4 world list, there aren't options to upload or download worlds for the last half of the list.

Last edited:
:p yes the nurse would be a very much need for that. i have solar flare armor in normal mode and i cant even kill duke fishron! ITS JUST HARD.

Whoa whoa we are just poor console players in this thread. What is this "Solar Flare Armor" madness?!? 1.3 is like a giraffe, ya I know they exist, but I ain't seen one

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet....

On the ps4 world list, there aren't options to upload or download worlds for the last half of the list.
Because, if you want to transfer worlds, you have to do it in the appropriate slot, and no world's in that last quadrant have a space to go, as that quadrant doesn't exist on any other platform (besides Xbone.)

Because, if you want to transfer worlds, you have to do it in the appropriate slot, and no world's in that last quadrant have a space to go, as that quadrant doesn't exist on any other platform (besides Xbone.)
Ah, that makes sense. I use it as a sort of backup of my world if something goes wrong with my gameplay. Like, I defeat the WOF and don't like the corruption/hollow generation, or I don't like which hardmode ores are chosen. But it makes sense if it was intended mainly for world transfer. Thanks for the clarification!

on the xbox 360 version even with beetle armor duke fishron still hits like a truck, i can kill him but not as easily as the destroyer, (p.s. the flairon is op.)

Ah, that makes sense. I use it as a sort of backup of my world if something goes wrong with my gameplay. Like, I defeat the WOF and don't like the corruption/hollow generation, or I don't like which hardmode ores are chosen. But it makes sense if it was intended mainly for world transfer. Thanks for the clarification!
No problem at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom