Console Terraria Console Holiday 2015 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might just be working on getting the Vita Crash bug finally squashed before releasing.

They fixed that in the February bug fix patch. But with a week left before the end of Q1 I too am sceptical... 505 don't have a good history of polishing shoes before putting them on display

They fixed that in the February bug fix patch. But with a week left before the end of Q1 I too am sceptical... 505 don't have a good history of polishing shoes before putting them on display
I don't fully agree with that, at least they give us one of the best games in the world a lot better then minecraft( my opinion there's a lot more to do in terraria then in minecraft and a lot more enemies)
[doublepost=1458905007,1458904741][/doublepost]
A thought on the vita crashing through, it could be due to the amount of memory u have, check how much u have then message back.

Just remember that part 1 of 1.2.4 was released on schedule with roughly one week before the end of q4 in 2015.
As Loki said earlier, they are working out all the bugs, which is definitely priority number 1.

As for those that are impatiently waiting for future updates that pc already has, such as 1.3, did you know that the 1.3.1 upcoming update for pc includes controller support? I for one can't wait!

Q1 2016 almost ended, i predict the delay! (like terraria tradition say)

Try to look at this upcoming update as a turd. They could easily put a bow on it and release it, but then all we have is a fancy turd, bugs and all.
Give them some time and that turd becomes a diamond, making the wait all that much more worthwhile

I don't say that isn't hard work, i just wish they announce release date when their certainly sure they finished. Is it really so much i ask for?
And most amazing feature: visible accessories.
and better cursor that makes starfury actually useful.

I don't say that isn't hard work, i just wish they announce release date when their certainly sure they finished. Is it really so much i ask for?

No, I don't think you are asking too much, but complications do tend to pop up from time to time. In the end, I'd much rather wait a little longer for a finished quality product relatively bug-free, as opposed to a broken at release update like when 1.2 was released.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be a little sad if it is not a Q1 release, but I have faith in 505 and their product :)

No, I don't think you are asking too much, but complications do tend to pop up from time to time. In the end, I'd much rather wait a little longer for a finished quality product relatively bug-free, as opposed to a broken at release update like when 1.2 was released.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be a little sad if it is not a Q1 release, but I have faith in 505 and their product :)
Something blocks me from playing terraria before 1.2.4 additions :dryadcry:

Can you explain a little more in detail? Are you meaning you are unable to play previous version of Terraria prior to update? Message me and I'll see how I can help :)
Those beautiful shells on the shore.
I want to create new world but i know if i do this before update i will need to delete it and create new one. I know i could do this but vision of loosing progress kill my motivation so i need to wait until update.

Just remember that part 1 of 1.2.4 was released on schedule with roughly one week before the end of q4 in 2015.
As Loki said earlier, they are working out all the bugs, which is definitely priority number 1.

As for those that are impatiently waiting for future updates that pc already has, such as 1.3, did you know that the 1.3.1 upcoming update for pc includes controller support? I for one can't wait!
yes agreed getting the bugs fixed is what they should focus on not people complaining about how's it not out because in my opinion the longer they spend the less bugs there will be so really what people are saying is that they want a buggy game so good job to Loki, re-logic, 505 games and the rest of the terraria team

I must say this lack off communication so close to the deadline, is making me a bit worried.

I'm also worried a bit about the additions pushing the memory usage into the red zone on the older consoles, essentially causing the Vita problems appear on PS3/360 as well. While there are ways to lower the memory usage, they are all a pain in the *** to implement.

It could be what's holding things up.

I think we can all agree that no one wants a bug filled update. The usual area of contention though stems from the fact that 505 games has a terrible track record when it comes to communication as to progress on updates. If they say something will be complete in the first quarter of the year then they are obligated to produce results in that time period. Do issues pop up? Sure they do. That however does not give an excuse to a lack of communication as to progress. If there's only a week left on a project till deadline then it behooves communication as to whether things are going as planned, or an extension of timeframe is necessary. 505 games is absolutely horrible with their update transparency. It was my belief that a new community manager was going to breath some much needed life into the lacking console communication, but that seems to have had no effect whatsoever on shared information. What happened to the "more frequent updates" and the "spoilers" that were supposed to be implemented with a new community manager? Where is the transparency that we were guaranteed would be a thing pushing forward last year? Why are we still all completely in the dark as to console communication?

I strongly disagree I believe 505 is doing all they can and why is everyone picking on 505 they work on the graphics and publish the game re-logic develops it and they do extremely well as a team so how about everyone stops complaining about the update and just plays the game and tries to get everything they can in the game before it comes out
[doublepost=1459062131,1459062053][/doublepost]Also it could be due to everyday people are saying they have found another bug so the team is probably fixing what the people want

505 does not work on the graphics for Terraria. The coding is done by a company called Engine Software.
Re-logic has an oversite position in regards to the Console ports.
My contention is not that 505 games is not doing their job, it's that their community communication is sub-par to put it kindly. In today's day and age of instant, wide spread PR capabilities the fact that a company would leave their consumers not knowing the current state of affairs as to project progress or completion is both frustrating and inappropriate.

505 does not work on the graphics for Terraria. The coding is done by a company called Engine Software.
Re-logic has an oversite position in regards to the Console ports.
My contention is not that 505 games is not doing their job, it's that their community communication is sub-par to put it kindly. In today's day and age of instant, wide spread PR capabilities the fact that a company would leave their consumers not knowing the current state of affairs as to project progress or completion is both frustrating and inappropriate.
Ohhh yeah 505 just publish it and help work on the game. And I understand it's annoying because it is but they are trying there best and if they haven't gave any news on it, it's probably because they aren't close to finishing or adding extra stuff;) anyway let's get back to what this forum is about we are a bit off topic
[doublepost=1459105755,1459105664][/doublepost]
Ohhh yeah 505 just publish it and help work on the game. And I understand it's annoying because it is but they are trying there best and if they haven't gave any news on it, it's probably because they aren't close to finishing or adding extra stuff;) anyway let's get back to what this forum is about we are a bit off topic
Never mind we are on topic forget what forum we are on lol:D

All of these long big posts... I just want to know an approximate date to look forward to. If there's that there'd be one less frustrated user ;D

I think we can all agree that no one wants a bug filled update. The usual area of contention though stems from the fact that 505 games has a terrible track record when it comes to communication as to progress on updates. If they say something will be complete in the first quarter of the year then they are obligated to produce results in that time period. Do issues pop up? Sure they do. That however does not give an excuse to a lack of communication as to progress. If there's only a week left on a project till deadline then it behooves communication as to whether things are going as planned, or an extension of timeframe is necessary. 505 games is absolutely horrible with their update transparency. It was my belief that a new community manager was going to breath some much needed life into the lacking console communication, but that seems to have had no effect whatsoever on shared information. What happened to the "more frequent updates" and the "spoilers" that were supposed to be implemented with a new community manager? Where is the transparency that we were guaranteed would be a thing pushing forward last year? Why are we still all completely in the dark as to console communication?
Re-Logic hired a new Community Manager, they still only have access to the info that 505 games provides. Keep in mind that 505 has many other projects than just Terraria. Not trying to claim your frustrations aren't justified, just trying to point out some other ways to look at the situation.

Re-Logic hired a new Community Manager, they still only have access to the info that 505 games provides. Keep in mind that 505 has many other projects than just Terraria. Not trying to claim your frustrations aren't justified, just trying to point out some other ways to look at the situation.
Correct me here if I'm mistaken Nike Leon, but it is my understanding that @Loki was hired on as a liaison (read: Community manager) by Re-logic themselves. I can understand his lack of knowledge as to 505 games internal workings. Was it just his previous position that was filled by @Safeman or did they come on as a new community manager for 505 games as well? There was a large issue last year as to the lack of information regarding Terraria console being due to the necessary restructuring of 505's PR people, which I had assumed was addressed by bringing in safeman. It seems we haven't made any progress on transparency on the console side of things though. Am I missing something?

I came on as Community Manager when Loki moved to another position w/ Re-Logic. 505 did make some major changes in an effort to be more transparent and active here and with the progress of various ports and updates. I've noticed an effort there to answer questions and give updates more often, but right now we aren't hearing much. That isn't because they've regressed, it is because there isn't much new to add at the moment. In times between updates and releases, it can kind of seem like a dev or team has gone dormant, when really they may just be doing a lot behind the scenes. I'll see what kind of update we can get soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom