Console Terraria Console: The Next Generation - Launch Date Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by 505Games, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Buggsy1O1

Buggsy1O1 Skeletron Prime

Glad to hear the news, I am also looking forward to the Frost Moon News (whenever that comes out)

2. Vivian

Vivian Cultist

Terraria PS4 launches Veterans Day. Niiice

Buggsy1O1 likes this.
  3. Devalaous

Devalaous Terrarian

So that scrub Rudi actually HAS been working? ;)

4. VCell

VCell Official Terrarian

This looks awesome! :D I only play PC but I always see console games being left behind compared to PC versions so I really love how console's getting it's own content and is catching up with PC! ...Also, that sword on the last picture looks sweet. Great job 505!

5. Jetstream ∞

Jetstream ∞ Cultist

Didn't you read? It said the current gen versions will have the same content as the last gen versions so they'll be cross-play.

They also said that the consoles will be getting updates around the first quarter of 2015, and those updates are bound to bring those features.

6. Sodapone

Sodapone Retinazer

*obligatory complaint about wii u version's lack of existence*

But yeah, that's great! Too bad I don't own either of the two.

Jetstream ∞ likes this.
  7. WolfHero

WolfHero Official Terrarian

Can we sidetrack the main point to mention that the saturation on the screenshot really makes it amazing?

Warbler and Buggsy1O1 like this.
  8. XxMakeItRainxX

XxMakeItRainxX Plantera

I like how they have around a hundred banners for the ice elemental xD in the 3rd next gen console pic

Buggsy1O1 likes this.
  9. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

I think it's more that people didn't read it closely enough. I bolded and underlined the key words below. :)

You have to remember that these articles aren't written for the hardcore, hang on every news item fanbase - rather a more broad reader base. One that may not have any idea what a "1.2" is. ;)

10. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

True, but it is a bit misleading, since it doesn't clarify that this content is already on the PS3 versions Xp

Buggsy1O1 likes this.
  11. Bacon_Boy101

Bacon_Boy101 Terrarian

Choo, choo... Is that the console update hype train I hear? :naughty:

Buggsy1O1 likes this.
  12. TehEpicIcy

TehEpicIcy Terrarian

But they do support it its for happy wars why not this game 505

Buggsy1O1 likes this.
  13. ArticReaper

ArticReaper Official Terrarian

This is gonna be so awesome <3 I take it there is no price for it as of yet?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    Buggsy1O1 likes this.
  14. Timytheturtle

Timytheturtle Terrarian

Well the devs said they couldn't add the equipment being seen because it would be to much for the 360/ps3. So I wanted to know if it will be added to the current Gen

15. MrRudi

MrRudi Developer

I don't think we ever actually said that Timy...tbh I think the feature should be possible on all platforms, but our first focus for updates lies with some other new features. Now that we have wrapped up the next-gen versions we can hopefully get more regular news out to the community in that regard as well. And Bugsy: yes, sometimes I do work ;)

time346, Nike Leon, Buggsy1O1 and 2 others like this.
  16. Twak

Twak Terrarian

Well, seeing as crossover has stopped working for linux (And i can no longer play terraria)
    this is Awesome because i am lay-bying a PS4 :happy:

17. ExoticCharm

ExoticCharm Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Really looking forward to seeing what surprises await us.

::hopes for horror much like Turkor::

18. Timytheturtle

Timytheturtle Terrarian

I might have misheard. Also why is the thanks giving mobile update not for windows phone?

19. Zwift

Zwift Retinazer

Omg omg omg. I is supa happy.

20. The Dark Prince of Hell

The Dark Prince of Hell Skeletron Prime

wooooo updates for PS3 coming out "very early next year" sounds awesome. I've been waiting so long and I just know that my patience will pay off wooooooooooo. thank you soooo much for this console update it gives me another thing to look forward too now.