Console Terraria Console: The Next Generation - Launch Date Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if someone asked this, but if you already own the Vita version, does that translate into a PS4 license? Or do you have to buy the PS4 version if you already have it on the Vita?

Don't know if someone asked this, but if you already own the Vita version, does that translate into a PS4 license? Or do you have to buy the PS4 version if you already have it on the Vita?
Considering they said that vita version was free with purchase of the PS4 version and not vice versa, I'm quite certain you still have to pay for the PS4 version even if you own the vita version.

I don't think 505 have ever released changelogs before releasing an update. So expect one when the next update congress out early next year :)

They've done things like that in the past, sort of.
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/1-2-for-consoles-change-log.137975/
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/1-2-for-consoles-change-log.137975/
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/1-2-console-patch-notes.145322/

Granted, Rudi does mention that the changelog was essentially a copy and paste deal with changes only being made where necessary. I suppose one could just assume that what's in the game is similar to the PC-equivalent release notes.

While I wouldn't normally expect one for the new versions since they are considered new games, I think it's fair to assume that the old versions would be getting an update to match the new X1/PS4 versions in order for crossplay to even be possible. I know it isn't necessary, but having that list is both a nice addition for the fans as well as a way to boast about the new improvements and additions to newcomers. I personally have been trying to sell people on getting this game (or getting back into it), but it usually comes down to them asking "what's being added" and me responding "Well, I'm not entirely sure". Someone (I believe Rudi) mentioned the Frost Moon awhile back and people have commented on the glass kiln, but I feel it would be irresponsible to assume that all of both 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 have been added.

I hate sounding like one of the many people who make demands to 505 Games and Engine Software like some immature kid, and that's certainly not the vibe I'm trying to give off. Still, I do feel that given the way Terraria ports are done that a changelog would be a nice feature.

Okay let me just start by saying i love Terraria and i easily lose track of time when playing it. I own the PC version, and the 360 version. Sadly my PC can no longer handle any game it tries to run, and my 360 has the red ring of death; so when i learned that Terraria would be coming to the Xbox One i was extremely excited to dive into that wonderful world again and gladly lose countless more hours playing Terraria. However, now i am stuck between a rock and hard place with deciding to buy it again because returning members of the same console family will not be able to purchase the game at a discounted price. I am not asking for the game for free to returning members, that would be insane considering all the time that went creating and porting this game. I just wish that there was a way for people to be able to go online and have something verify that we own some versions and can receive a discount on the new console.

Okay let me just start by saying i love Terraria and i easily lose track of time when playing it. I own the PC version, and the 360 version. Sadly my PC can no longer handle any game it tries to run, and my 360 has the red ring of death; so when i learned that Terraria would be coming to the Xbox One i was extremely excited to dive into that wonderful world again and gladly lose countless more hours playing Terraria. However, now i am stuck between a rock and hard place with deciding to buy it again because returning members of the same console family will not be able to purchase the game at a discounted price. I am not asking for the game for free to returning members, that would be insane considering all the time that went creating and porting this game. I just wish that there was a way for people to be able to go online and have something verify that we own some versions and can receive a discount on the new console.
I just bought it and have been playing it for about an hour now and I'm loving it.

I just found out that because of the xbox rewards program i get $25 on the 20th so now honestly i don't care, Microsoft pretty much just bought me a game.

Awesome keep making cool stuff for the update too. But first when I try it on my Xbox One or my PS4, I'll have to be a n00b allover again.
anime-games-terraria-Ryuugajou-Nanana-no-Maizoukin-1176384.png

'Regular updates for the console'? So does this mean that basically you're going to give the console users everything the PC has, and we get more or less screwed out of the console exclusive armor costumes, pets and wings (And other things)? I have to admit I hate it when developers make system exclusive crap. Giving 'x' bonuses to this sytem but not to that system. And if you give the console more than the PC has then you pretty much take a huge crap on the people that supported you to where you can make a console port in the first place. -.-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom