Console Terraria Console: The Next Generation - Launch Date Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not turn this into PC vs Console please.

Red doesn't feel that the console stuff fits his vision of the game. It's that simple.

That said, PC will always have a substantial "head start" on updates by the very nature of console being a port of the PC content. With 1.2, that was over six months. So, there are some pros and cons there - all of which have to do with the natural dynamics of things, not an intent to advantage/disadvantage anyone.

So, in the end, we are all Terrarians, and both versions are great. No developer is trying to "disrespect" any of our fans - and I can promise you that is the case for ReLogic. :)

It's not about PC vs Console. It's about the content, not saying one is better than the other. To say the least how is it fair to give Console three full armor sets, a bunch of extra pets, including ones that damage, more costumes and wings, and not give the PC any specific benefits over the console itself? How would the PC have a head start if the console gets everything PC gets AND a crap ton more? Hypothetically speaking... A guy goes to the store, and buys a bag of chips that contains 50 chips. His friend goes to the store, buys the bag of chips next to it, and that bag contains 100 chips. That isn't fair to the first person.

To take your analogy. Bag one is about to have 3000+ chips. A lot of the existing chips will get new seasoning perhaps - and a brand new bag with all kinds of bells and whistles. The second bag at best is just like the first bag, except that it has 10 more chips. However, most of the time, the first bag has more chips and it always gets the chip upgrades 6-12 months sooner.

Oh and all of these greater and better chips? Free for people that bought a single bag.

I hypothetically get what you are saying, but the practical and actual situation is quite different. :)

Both sides complain that they are disadvantaged - I hear it from the console side too (why don't we have frost moon, etc)...and mobile. That's natural given that the versions will never be identical. The issue of "fairness" really is a red herring inasmuch as it implies some intent to bias or disenfranchise. Clearly that isn't intended nor does it really exist.

Regardless, this is wildly derailing this thread - feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss further - or find a thread I'm sure exists along this topic. :)

I have both pc and xbox one versions (had 360 version too). I can say immediately that pc has much more content, even with console exclusives. Doesnt even touch it. In fact it feels like console is still behind an update. PC will also be getting 1.3 relatively soon, and if Im right about the console still being behind then you know they wont be getting 1.3 til the end of next year, atleast. And on this note I just want to say its been really disappointing playing Terraria on XB1, I feel as if they didnt really bring anything new to the table, maybe a few updated backgrounds but thats it. They zoomed the camera out some more which is annoying in my opinion, especially when you here that the Playstation 4 versions are getting an added zoom function using the pad. I really love being punished for buying the wrong console.

I have both pc and xbox one versions (had 360 version too). I can say immediately that pc has much more content, even with console exclusives. Doesnt even touch it. In fact it feels like console is still behind an update. PC will also be getting 1.3 relatively soon, and if Im right about the console still being behind then you know they wont be getting 1.3 til the end of next year, atleast. And on this note I just want to say its been really disappointing playing Terraria on XB1, I feel as if they didnt really bring anything new to the table, maybe a few updated backgrounds but thats it. They zoomed the camera out some more which is annoying in my opinion, especially when you here that the Playstation 4 versions are getting an added zoom function using the pad. I really love being punished for buying the wrong console.
That's actually because console IS behind by a number of updates :p the primary reasons for this is that they don't get the code from Re-Logic until the PC updates are released and then it takes longer because they have to rewrite it for now five different systems. Also, Engine is working on adding a slider to the pause menu on the X1 version that will control zoom level. They're also looking at adding an option to both versions that will increase the size of the hotbar items as well as health and mana meters. :)

cool... Now I just have to wait for the new exlusive content to come out for the ps4
[DOUBLEPOST=1417415898][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh well at least I have a ps4 to play it on

505 I have a question, when the new version for 360/Ps3/4/One comes out, will it have the Frost Moon only, Duke only, or will it be updated to 1.2.4.1 by the end of January (or February)?

I get the sense that all of the versions will be updated simultaneously (to whatever that may be) sometime in early 2015. As for exactly when or what that update will be, noone yet knows. :)

Brought the game three times already and now I have to pay a full $20 to get it on Xbox One >.> Man

I actually brought this game way back when it was just a little starter game on steam, crawling out of it shell into a harsh world of critics and game-junkies.
It must have been scared, but it found the love it needed incredibly quickly. It grew into a staple for me in my game library and something I almost require my friends to get (gotta fight those epic bosses, it dangerous to go alone!).

First came the PC which yes has been the most updated, but that comes as no surprise.
Then I got it on my Xbox 360, which by the time I picked it up there, luckily had a good amount to content I had missed in the break I had taken.
Now I have brought it a third time in a PSN Bundruru, netting the Vita ver. and PS4 all at once. Which I am happy to say Im using the cross play to the fullest.

Every purchase has been a great buy. I don't mind supporting the team on this endeavor of a game. They have created a great experience and I cant wait to play the next expansion, and eventually the next installment.

Keep those updates coming! And keep up the entertaining work!

Developers I need to ask a small question... I've heard that there is going to be heaps of new content for the next gen consoles. Is this true?

505 stated that there would be updates to the console versions in 2015. They have not revealed exact timing or the content of those updates yet.

I'd wager the console versions will remain comparable to maintain cross-play

Happy Thursday evening everyone!

We certainly hope that our Mobile Terrarians have been enjoying the feast of Thanksgiving content that arrived yesterday - we don't know about you, but Turkor still haunts our dreams! That said, we certainly don't want our Console fans to think that we have forgotten about them.

So, without further ado, we would like to announce that the official launch dates for Terraria on the Next Gen consoles will be next week!

View attachment 9303
Terraria for Playstation 4 will launch on Tuesday, November 11th

View attachment 9304
Terraria for Xbox One will launch on Friday, November 14th
We apologize for the few-day gap between the two launches, but we didn't want to hold up either side from getting access to Terraria as quickly as possible. Terraria on PS4/Xbox One will be aligned to the current versions available on PS3/Xbox 360.

Additionally, we have added new cross play functionality to all versions of Terrarian on the Playstation platform. That means that players on the PS4 version can interact with players on the PS3 and Playstation Vita versions - choosing to either battle against or team up with the wider PSN community. We are also working very hard on cross-save compatibility for Xbox One - Xbox 360, but this will not be ready in time for the launch next week. We will keep you up-to-date on any progress made there.

To further get everyone hyped up, here are some screens followed with a few details that we suspect the community will be interested in.

Details on the Next Generation Console Launch
  • The Xbox One and PS4 editions will utilize the same "version" as the current Xbox 360 and PS3 editions. This is commonly referred to as the "1.2" update from earlier this year.
  • Pricing will differ by country and currency. To get the most accurate price, you will need to check with your local retailer. There is no discount for current owners of the PS3/360 version - however, for a limited time post-launch, we are bundling the PS VITA version in with the PS4 version for anyone purchasing the PS4 version!
  • New console content is planned for (very!) early next year, and more regularly thereafter. We appreciate and understand the frustrations the community have had with regards to the latency between PC and console updates, so whilst there will always be challenges in bringing that content to the console platforms we’ll be breaking updates down into more ‘bite-sized’ chunks in the future so we can deliver that more quickly from now on!
That's it for now, though we will happy answer any questions that you have - assuming we have and can supply an answer! We hope everyone thoroughly enjoys the new editions starting next week, and that you are all anticipating what is to come with the future of Terraria as eagerly as we are.

Happy Thursday evening everyone!

We certainly hope that our Mobile Terrarians have been enjoying the feast of Thanksgiving content that arrived yesterday - we don't know about you, but Turkor still haunts our dreams! That said, we certainly don't want our Console fans to think that we have forgotten about them.

So, without further ado, we would like to announce that the official launch dates for Terraria on the Next Gen consoles will be next week!

View attachment 9303
Terraria for Playstation 4 will launch on Tuesday, November 11th

View attachment 9304
Terraria for Xbox One will launch on Friday, November 14th
We apologize for the few-day gap between the two launches, but we didn't want to hold up either side from getting access to Terraria as quickly as possible. Terraria on PS4/Xbox One will be aligned to the current versions available on PS3/Xbox 360.

Additionally, we have added new cross play functionality to all versions of Terrarian on the Playstation platform. That means that players on the PS4 version can interact with players on the PS3 and Playstation Vita versions - choosing to either battle against or team up with the wider PSN community. We are also working very hard on cross-save compatibility for Xbox One - Xbox 360, but this will not be ready in time for the launch next week. We will keep you up-to-date on any progress made there.

To further get everyone hyped up, here are some screens followed with a few details that we suspect the community will be interested in.

Details on the Next Generation Console Launch
  • The Xbox One and PS4 editions will utilize the same "version" as the current Xbox 360 and PS3 editions. This is commonly referred to as the "1.2" update from earlier this year.
  • Pricing will differ by country and currency. To get the most accurate price, you will need to check with your local retailer. There is no discount for current owners of the PS3/360 version - however, for a limited time post-launch, we are bundling the PS VITA version in with the PS4 version for anyone purchasing the PS4 version!
  • New console content is planned for (very!) early next year, and more regularly thereafter. We appreciate and understand the frustrations the community have had with regards to the latency between PC and console updates, so whilst there will always be challenges in bringing that content to the console platforms we’ll be breaking updates down into more ‘bite-sized’ chunks in the future so we can deliver that more quickly from now on!
That's it for now, though we will happy answer any questions that you have - assuming we have and can supply an answer! We hope everyone thoroughly enjoys the new editions starting next week, and that you are all anticipating what is to come with the future of Terraria as eagerly as we are.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419750019][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry about that, that was a glitch or something, but anyways, do you have an estimate on when the cross save feature will be ready for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One?

Id be happy to buy terraria for xbox one or ps4 if its equal to pc. Id imagine next gen gas better graphics than 360 but if its still the same content ill pass. It does seem like console will never be caught up to pc. The updates so far have followed the pattern of releasing a few days short of a year after pc updates. I enjoyed terraria while it lasted. I have it for 360, pc, and ps3. Im not much of a pc gamer. Controllers are more comfortable. Is this in the wrong section?
Thanx 505 for what has been brought to console. It was fun but it looks as though the current state of the game is as good as it will get. I havent seen anything online that so much as hints at console updating to 1.2.4 Maybe another year from now? My son might enjoy it. He'll be old enough to play it then.
[DOUBLEPOST=1420141387][/DOUBLEPOST]
'Regular updates for the console'? So does this mean that basically you're going to give the console users everything the PC has, and we get more or less screwed out of the console exclusive armor costumes, pets and wings (And other things)? I have to admit I hate it when developers make system exclusive crap. Giving 'x' bonuses to this sytem but not to that system. And if you give the console more than the PC has then you pretty much take a huge crap on the people that supported you to where you can make a console port in the first place. -.-

Hey id gladly give you 100% of console exclusives in exchange for 5% of the content that pc has thats missing from console.. yea thats a fair trade.

It's not about PC vs Console. It's about the content, not saying one is better than the other. To say the least how is it fair to give Console three full armor sets, a bunch of extra pets, including ones that damage, more costumes and wings, and not give the PC any specific benefits over the console itself? How would the PC have a head start if the console gets everything PC gets AND a crap ton more? Hypothetically speaking... A guy goes to the store, and buys a bag of chips that contains 50 chips. His friend goes to the store, buys the bag of chips next to it, and that bag contains 100 chips. That isn't fair to the first person.
If you are still viewing this thread, the PC version easily has more content, when it first came to consoles it might have had slightly more but it has fallen quite a bit behind, for example, we don't have the frost moon, to be honest the developers probably knew that the console would start lagging behind, which is probably why we have the exclusives.

P.S.- The mobile version also has the console versions, but is behind the console, no pumpkin moon, no frost moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom