Console Terraria Console: The Next Generation - Launch Date Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks awesome! :D I only play PC but I always see console games being left behind compared to PC versions so I really love how console's getting it's own content and is catching up with PC! ...Also, that sword on the last picture looks sweet. Great job 505!

Ok first off will we be able to see our equipment (balloons, cloud in a bottle, etc) on our character in the Xbox one, ps4 version? Second I haven't gotten the update on my windows phone yet. Is it not for windows phone? If it isn't I will be very disappointed in you. Very very disappointed
Didn't you read? It said the current gen versions will have the same content as the last gen versions so they'll be cross-play.

They also said that the consoles will be getting updates around the first quarter of 2015, and those updates are bound to bring those features.

The poster of that blog post obviously failed to realize that the 1.2 content had already been released for PS3. That was all the new content that they were referring to.

I think it's more that people didn't read it closely enough. I bolded and underlined the key words below. :)

The first thing to talk about is the scale of the PS4 version, which is almost triple the size of the original PS3 game. A truly huge amount of content and features have been added, with well over 1,000 new items including 10 new ores, 4 new wood types, 31 new brick types, 12 new wing types, 29 new tinker combinations, 50 new paintings, 8 new friendly NPCs, 15 new pets, over 100 new enemies, 4 new bosses … the list goes on, and on!

You have to remember that these articles aren't written for the hardcore, hang on every news item fanbase - rather a more broad reader base. One that may not have any idea what a "1.2" is. ;)

I think it's more that people didn't read it closely enough. I bolded and underlined the key words below. :)

You have to remember that these articles aren't written for the hardcore, hang on every news item fanbase - rather a more broad reader base. One that may not have any idea what a "1.2" is. ;)
True, but it is a bit misleading, since it doesn't clarify that this content is already on the PS3 versions Xp

The poster of that blog post obviously failed to realize that the 1.2 content had already been released for PS3. That was all the new content that they were referring to.

Unless the Microsoft consoles start supporting cross-play there won't be any way for Terraria to support it.
But they do support it its for happy wars why not this game 505

Didn't you read? It said the current gen versions will have the same content as the last gen versions so they'll be cross-play.

They also said that the consoles will be getting updates around the first quarter of 2015, and those updates are bound to bring those features.
Well the devs said they couldn't add the equipment being seen because it would be to much for the 360/ps3. So I wanted to know if it will be added to the current Gen

I don't think we ever actually said that Timy...tbh I think the feature should be possible on all platforms, but our first focus for updates lies with some other new features. Now that we have wrapped up the next-gen versions we can hopefully get more regular news out to the community in that regard as well. And Bugsy: yes, sometimes I do work ;)

Well, seeing as crossover has stopped working for linux (And i can no longer play terraria)
this is Awesome because i am lay-bying a PS4 :happy:

I don't think we ever actually said that Timy...tbh I think the feature should be possible on all platforms, but our first focus for updates lies with some other new features. Now that we have wrapped up the next-gen versions we can hopefully get more regular news out to the community in that regard as well. And Bugsy: yes, sometimes I do work ;)
I might have misheard. Also why is the thanks giving mobile update not for windows phone?

wooooo updates for PS3 coming out "very early next year" sounds awesome. I've been waiting so long and I just know that my patience will pay off wooooooooooo. thank you soooo much for this console update it gives me another thing to look forward too now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom