Terraria Cookies

Gorgasm

Santa Claus
Greetings fellow Terrarians! Have a sweet tooth that store bought goodies cannot satisfy? Do not know what to do with all those soda / energy drink / beer cans that pile up on marathon session of Terraria? Well, I have a possible solution to your problems. First part? The cookie cutters.

What you will need:
-Empty aluminum cans
-X-Acto knife
-Scissors
-Regular pliers
Optional (but recommended):
-Needle nose pliers

I put these into picture format to make it slightly easier than trying to explain it. Time to get the material pieces ready!

Vbb7BWB.jpg

After doing this for as many pieces as you want (depending on how many cookie cutters you want), the next part is assembly!

hEuWQg2.jpg

You now have the generic cookie cutter mold. It's time to bend and shape your ring into the design you want. It's best to start off with simply things (I browsed the wiki for ideas) and then wherk you way up to more complex designs. This is where the needle nose pliers really come in handy.

2IorHbm.jpg

Make as many cookie cutters as your heart desires!

gjLabMX.jpg

Time for the baking part!

Now, there are hundreds of sugar cookie recipes online. Some of them are for massive amounts of cookies, others make smaller batches, as well as complexity of ingredients, whether the dough needs to be chilled or used right away. I use several different recipes depending on the amount of time I have to bake, so I suggest browsing around until you find one that suits your needs. A small note, a lot of the recipes say to use a dough mixer attachment when mixing the ingredients, but regular beaters wherk just fine, you just have to kneed the dough after mixing as it comes out in many, many small chunks that way.

For the frosting recipe, I use a very basic one.
-1 cup powdered sugar (Confectioners sugar)
-1ish tablespoon light corn syrup
-1ish tablespoon milk
-Liquid food dye

Normally, I tend to improvise the frosting recipe, depending on just how much of a certain color I need. To make the frosting a bit more spreadable, use a tiny bit more milk, for thicker, little more corn syrup. Bear in mind that adding liquid dye will thin it out a bit, so if making really deep colors with lots of dye, add a bit more corn syrup.

After you find your sugar cookie recipe, and make up a batch, it is now delicious frosting time!

Xc3V5kk.jpg

I made these mimic cookies right before I had to wherk, so it was kind of a rushed job, hence why they do not look superb. If you notice the brown one, the grey outlining bled a lot. That is because the base layer of frosting I put down was rather liquidy (too much milk in the frosting mixture). You can always wait longer periods of time between each layer for better results. This occurs naturally if making larger batches of cookies.

Here are some cookies I made when I had a little more time and patience, but did not take pictures of during the making process.

DuCJl1C.jpg

Adult male hand for scale: (I was out of bananas)

UCBVoDl.jpg

And some horrible photo editing!

Uv3hOmj.jpg

Well, hopefully you've found this entertaining, and even more hopefully you'll make some of your own. If so, please post them here to share with all!

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

nO5LUES.jpg

One final note:
COOKIES ARE DELICIOUS!

I dunno how i found this thread, but these cookies really look amazing.
actually i found about your big heart in the giveaway thread, decided to stalk you a bit and then got here -- you and your mustache are amazing, keep it up!
also now i know where did your avatar came from

Geneen, I mess up all the time baking / cooking / in life in general, but my philosophy is, "If it's edible, and won't kill me, eat it anyways!" And yes, that goes for almost anything in life. Sometimes makes for uncomfortable situations, but if nothing else you get a good story out of it.

And Edgeworth, do not refer to it as stalking. I personally like to think of it as... friendly following without that persons knowledge. :merchantgrin: And yes, I really love cold weather and the snow, so it seemed appropriate.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, if I could, I'd bake you all some.

I'm super sad that I missed this until the Feature, considering I even asked you in PM if you were going to make a thread about it, haha.

Anyway, these are awesome, the custom cutters are awesome, and congratulations on the Feature!

This time? I'm a smoker, I didn't have wax in it, windy out, mustache blew into the flame, poof! I've also burned it off breathing fire twice, once was a potato gun mishap, and another was a giant bonfire accident. Keep in mind, this is over the span of... about 10ish years, and most of the time it was two to three times as long. But it always comes back. I think it is taunting me....

I understand how you could burn half your mustache off, my parents are smokers and have accidentally burnt me and themselves on more than one time
:nursecool: P.S. I am a girl who just happens to love Dragons,and wildlife:nursepassionate:

Back
Top Bottom