PC Terraria CPU.

Luxdark

Terrarian
Hi, guys! Our team works really hard on the project “Let’s make CPU in Terraria!” Our main goal is to make our CPU flexible and augmentable – any block or element can work separately (for greater simplicity and convenience). The approximate principle of operation: There are two registers; the data from them are submitted on arithmetic and logic unit, ALU. The ALU receives data concerning the number of operation and delivers the required action (e.g. Addition, Subtraction, Comparison). After that the result hits the Memory cell, which was used to avoid short circuit. Soon we will accomplish Instruction set (up to 256 commands), which will let us operate commands one by one. Extended memory is already attached to the CPU for more convenient data storage/overwriting 8 Bytes information. Besides, after finishing our work on CPU architecture, we will focus on some elements for convenient screen management and conversion from Base-2 system to regular numeral system. By doing so we will be able to resolve the majority of Math tasks and create miscellaneous interesting games (even for several players).

Part 1: calculating sum at one moment:

Part 2: choose command:

Part 3: memory in/out:

Part 4: unary functions, counter:

Part 5: big memory with simple (3-bit signal for 8 bytes, 10-bit signal for 1024 bytes) choose of memory cell.

Cool I'm glad someone is working on a full-fledged CPU. Would it also be possible for you to post the logic diagrams and schematics for the processor as you work on it and expand it? Just as with a messy breadboard, it's easier to follow whats going on with the logic diagrams next to it.

Also if anyone would like to translate whats going on in the videos that'd be helpful, I'm not sure what language it is but I can't speak it.

From what I can gleam it looks like you are going to run into issues when you add an actual clock cycle. Your ALU design (which by the way we have some much more compact versions on the forum if you'd like to scale yours down some) won't handle receiving multiple bit's of input simultaneously. See here.
[doublepost=1464938501,1464937792][/doublepost]Aslo for the base-2 conversion we have a few examples on the forums already you may be interested in. This thread contains a simple binary to BCD circuit I designed, as well as an optimized, smaller version from @idkwhoiam129 . @ZeroGravitas also posted an alternative approach using 1-to-n decoders.

Cool I'm glad someone is working on a full-fledged CPU. Would it also be possible for you to post the logic diagrams and schematics for the processor as you work on it and expand it? Just as with a messy breadboard, it's easier to follow whats going on with the logic diagrams next to it.

Also if anyone would like to translate whats going on in the videos that'd be helpful, I'm not sure what language it is but I can't speak it.

From the what I can gleam it looks like you are going to run into issues when you add an actual clock cycle. You're ALU design (which by the way we have some much more compact versions on the forum if you'd like to scale yours down some) won't handle receiving multiple bit's of input simultaneously.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6EUi1gRsxUoU3dZdEV0WWhCR1E
There is scheme in Terraria.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6EUi1gRsxUoNDZpMF9BMnlieWs
Photos of ld.

My first scheme in first video crashed down when multiple bits occurs. But I solved this problem, see video with counter.

Last edited:
Next step, Terraria in Terraria. Mineception is an inch from being a thing, so why not start a Terrariaception too?

Back
Top Bottom