Terraria crash on launch (CLR20r3)

Maximal

Terrarian
So, I decided to install Terraria after some time to play it again, and I'm having a crash

Имя события проблемы: CLR20r3
Сигнатура проблемы 01: Terraria.exe
Сигнатура проблемы 02: 1.3.5.3
Сигнатура проблемы 03: 58ffb460
Сигнатура проблемы 04: Terraria
Сигнатура проблемы 05: 1.3.5.3
Сигнатура проблемы 06: 58ffb460
Сигнатура проблемы 07: 75
Сигнатура проблемы 08: 29
Сигнатура проблемы 09: System.BadImageFormatException
Версия ОС: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Код языка: 1049
Дополнительные сведения 1: 0a9e
Дополнительные сведения 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Дополнительные сведения 3: 0a9e
Дополнительные сведения 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Ознакомьтесь с заявлением о конфиденциальности в Интернете:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0419

Если заявление о конфиденциальности в Интернете недоступно, ознакомьтесь с его локальным вариантом:

Sorry it's in Russian, But I guess you already know what it says.

I'm running:
Win7 professional
GeForce GTX 460 2gb
coreI3 - 2120 3.3GHz
8gb RAM

Make sure you've tried reinstalling Terrarias two main dependencies which are:

.Net 4.7.2
XNA 4.0

If that doesn't help try the solution below:

From my understanding this error is thrown when the application or dependency is expecting a file with a 32 bit format but receives a 64 bit format and vice versa. If I'm mistaken on this please let me know so we can get more accurate information.
tfeaJl8.png
This particular solution comes from a page on Microsofts Support Section, it was being used to troubleshoot a different game but I have found success in pointing users here to fix similar errors. See the image below for the steps to solve your problem.
xKm587E.png

Microsoft DirectX Web Installer File

Make sure you've tried reinstalling Terrarias two main dependencies which are:

.Net 4.7.2
XNA 4.0

If that doesn't help try the solution below:

From my understanding this error is thrown when the application or dependency is expecting a file with a 32 bit format but receives a 64 bit format and vice versa. If I'm mistaken on this please let me know so we can get more accurate information.
tfeaJl8.png
This particular solution comes from a page on Microsofts Support Section, it was being used to troubleshoot a different game but I have found success in pointing users here to fix similar errors. See the image below for the steps to solve your problem.
xKm587E.png

Microsoft DirectX Web Installer File

Sadly it didn't help :(

Alright let's do a clean reinstall of your Graphics Drivers. When installing please make sure to select the "Custom (Advanced" install), then make sure you click on the "Perform a Clean Installation" checkbox.

If that doesn't work, let's make sure we're on the right track. Do the below steps to help provide me with some clues as to what's going on.

0eiPNMV.png

Start Terraria, wait for the crash, then fetch the log file and upload it here.

Tutorial courtesy of Marcus.
  • Press Start
  • Type in "Event Viewer" without the quotes.
  • Click the result that shows up under programs.
  • In the new window that pops up click "Windows Logs" on the left hand side.
  • Then click "Applications"
  • View any errors or warnings. Check the source for Terraria, .Net, XNA, DirectX, Nvidia, or AMD.
  • Take screenshots of the details tab of all applicable warnings and errors.
  • Upload the screenshots here.

There are no crash logs in the documents, there isn't even a terraria folder in there.

Here's the screen from the Event Viewer, It clearly states that it's a NET. issue.

Attachments

• 2018-11-28_16-20-45.png
    2018-11-28_16-20-45.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 765
.Net is reporting the error, but it isn't necessarily the cause. That second tab in your screenshot is the one I need to see. You may need to manipulate the window size so that I can see it all in a screenshot. This will tell me the faulting module.

Sure here it is.

Attachments

• 2018-11-28_21-38-03.png
    2018-11-28_21-38-03.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 484
  • 2018-11-28_21-38-18.png
    2018-11-28_21-38-18.png
    120 KB · Views: 511
So the symptoms are a bit off from what I expected, so I don't think it's anything wrong with your Kernel Base since it launches, but it crashes. The crash happens before the creation of save assets though... this one's a bit puzzling.

Let's just try the below solutions to see if that gets us anywhere if it's something you already tried, move on to the next solution. After each solution step see if Terraria launches.:

1. Reinstalling Terraria's Dependencies: Terraria needs 3 different frameworks to function properly. You'll need to have them installed, up to date, and non corrupted. They are .Net Framework 4.7.2, XNA 4.0 Redist, and DirectX. Reinstall them, or if they are not installed in the first place install them.

2. Scanning for, and repairing, Windows System Files: We can use an elevated command prompt to automatically find and repair core system files. It's pretty simple, but unfortunately not the end all solution. In the event this command fails to repair or find the corruption we'll have to use other methods.

How to Scan and Repair Windows System Files
  • Press Start.
  • Type CMD.
  • Right click the result that pops up, and select "Run as Administrator"
  • In the black box that appears type sfc /scannow
  • Wait until the process completes, it may take some time.
  • Let me know the results of the scan

3. Create a new user profile as an Administrator: In the event your user profile has been corrupted and is contributing to the problem you can create a new user profile as an administrator and see if your game launches. If it does you'll want to then transfer all your data and installs to the new user profile and delete the old one.

How to create a new User Profile Windows 7

• Open up the Control Panel.
  • Find your way to "Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts\Manage Accounts".
  • Click create new account
  • Enter the Account Name.
  • Click Administrator.
  • Log out of your current user account and log into the new one.
  • See if you can launch Terraria.
  • If Terraria does not launch you may remove this account. If Terraria launches come back and let me know so I can tell you how to transfer all your data to the new account.

4. Run Terraria in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 and run it as an Administrator: Self explanatory really, not normally how I would expect to see the problem resolved but a user has been successful with this in the past so I might as well go over it.

How to run Terraria in Compatibility Mode
  • Browse to Terraria's install directory. By default for steam it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria.
  • Right click Terraria's executable. (Terraria.exe)
  • Select Properties.
  • Click on the Compatibility tab in the window that pops up.
  • Click the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  • In the drop down box select Windows 7. (You may also want to try windows XP if this doesn't work)
  • Under "Privilege Level" at the bottom of the window select "Run as an Administrator"

So nothing helps, and scan found nothing wrong.

Attachments

• 2018-11-30_18-53-12.png
    2018-11-30_18-53-12.png
    45 KB · Views: 441
Additional research on your issue has revealed that a few users with the same issue were able to resolve the problem by reinstalling steam. I'd like you to try that. If that doesn't work then check to make sure that the only versions of .Net you have installed on your computer are 4.7.2 and 1.1

Additional research on your issue has revealed that a few users with the same issue were able to resolve the problem by reinstalling steam. I'd like you to try that. If that doesn't work then check to make sure that the only versions of .Net you have installed on your computer are 4.7.2 and 1.1
Nah, reinstalling steam didn't help, I also installed .NET 1.1 but that also didn't help.
Idk if there's even a solution.

Well there technically is a solution. So a similar error but slightly different symptoms usually call for a reinstall of your operating system, though I'm not convinced that it's entirely necessary. If you get desperate though you can always just reinstall your OS.

I want you to uninstall every version of .Net that you have, and try installing a slightly older version as shown here.

If that doesn't work, uninstall it and reinstall 4.7.2 so that you have the most updated one.

Then let's see if we can gather one more clue, go to your installation directory and launch TerrariaServer.exe and attempt to set up a server, let me know what the server console says when attempting to launch and set up the server.

The server instantly crashes but here's the console

Attachments

• 2018-12-01_11-37-17.png
    2018-12-01_11-37-17.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 383
Well I know the cause of the issue, it isn't a problem with your kernelbase so there isn't a need to reinstall your OS. (although yes, that would fix the problem but let's try to solve it a different way first)

So, first things first let's make sure all your assembly's for that dll are correct, where they need to be, and in the right format. The best way to do this is to start from scratch. This may look like something we already did, but it's crucial to perform all the steps in the order that I list them. I promise this is slightly different than simply reinstalling, read carefully. In the event this doesn't work there's some more diagnostic data I might be able to retrieve to learn more about the system environment your using. I don't think it will be necessary because I got a good feeling about this.

• Uninstall ALL versions of .Net everything needs to be gone.
  • Uninstall ANY AND ALL versions of XNA framework.
  • Navigate to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET.
  • Rename the "assembly" folder to "assemblybackup".
  • Install .Net 4.7.2. (This will take awhile since we soft removed the assembly folder. Do not be alarmed and be patient.)
  • Install XNA Framework 4.0.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Navigate to C:\Windows.
  • Right click the Microsoft.Net folder and select properties.
  • Click on the "Security" tab.
  • Click "Advanced".
  • Click on the "Owner" tab.
  • Click "Edit".
  • Click on your user account for the PC you are using.
  • Click the checkbox that says "Replace owner on subcontainer and objects".
  • Try to launch the game again.
Please let me know if this works for you or not.

Well I know the cause of the issue, it isn't a problem with your kernelbase so there isn't a need to reinstall your OS. (although yes, that would fix the problem but let's try to solve it a different way first)

So, first things first let's make sure all your assembly's for that dll are correct, where they need to be, and in the right format. The best way to do this is to start from scratch. This may look like something we already did, but it's crucial to perform all the steps in the order that I list them. I promise this is slightly different than simply reinstalling, read carefully. In the event this doesn't work there's some more diagnostic data I might be able to retrieve to learn more about the system environment your using. I don't think it will be necessary because I got a good feeling about this.

• Uninstall ALL versions of .Net everything needs to be gone.
  • Uninstall ANY AND ALL versions of XNA framework.
  • Navigate to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET.
  • Rename the "assembly" folder to "assemblybackup".
  • Install .Net 4.7.2. (This will take awhile since we soft removed the assembly folder. Do not be alarmed and be patient.)
  • Install XNA Framework 4.0.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Navigate to C:\Windows.
  • Right click the Microsoft.Net folder and select properties.
  • Click on the "Security" tab.
  • Click "Advanced".
  • Click on the "Owner" tab.
  • Click "Edit".
  • Click on your user account for the PC you are using.
  • Click the checkbox that says "Replace owner on subcontainer and objects".
  • Try to launch the game again.
Please let me know if this works for you or not.
I did all that, and it... still crashed.

Alright, let's try this, all the dependency files for Microsoft.XNA.Framework.Graphics.dll are as follows:

Kernel32.dll (Windows Component)
MSCVR100.dll (Microsoft C++ 2010)
D3DX9.dll (DirectX)
MSCore.dll (.Net Framework)

Out of all of those the only thing we haven't done from the ground up is Microsoft C++ 2010. So let's try uninstalling and reinstalling that then.

Uninstall both the x86 version and the x64 version of "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010" using the control panel. shown in the picture below:

Vn9NBo1.png

Then, reinstall:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64
and
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86

Let me know if this works.

Alright, let's try this, all the dependency files for Microsoft.XNA.Framework.Graphics.dll are as follows:

Kernel32.dll (Windows Component)
MSCVR100.dll (Microsoft C++ 2010)
D3DX9.dll (DirectX)
MSCore.dll (.Net Framework)

Out of all of those the only thing we haven't done from the ground up is Microsoft C++ 2010. So let's try uninstalling and reinstalling that then.

Uninstall both the x86 version and the x64 version of "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010" using the control panel. shown in the picture below:

Vn9NBo1.png

Then, reinstall:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64
and
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86

Let me know if this works.

Nah, still crashes.

Just to be clear, when using the TerrariaServer.exe the cause is still listed as the same?

Then perhaps the best course of action is to reinstall your operating system, tedious as this may be, the success rate is 100%. I'm sorry I was unable to find an easier solution.

Back
Top Bottom