**REPORTED** Terraria crashed: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

DimKotyan

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
My Terraria crashed several times after I tried to go under yellow line layer blocks, then I tried to connect with multiplayer with dedicated server, entering on server stopped on "Receiving the tile data: Complete!" and remained like that for 10 minutes.
In other places I can freely go under this level without any problems, so problem remaines only in this tunnel and around it
Full vanilla, no mods or texture packs
My English may be bad, sorry for that
b6e5af40-c75b-43fb-8c41-00832b8cac76.jpg

Attachments

• client-crashlog.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
May I ask something? Will my world remain crashing like this? Or it can be fixed with future updates?
Generally speaking, IndexOutOfRange exceptions can be alleviated, but that's not something I'm willing to promise (especially since I don't know the specifics of the crash).

Generally speaking, IndexOutOfRange exceptions can be alleviated, but that's not something I'm willing to promise (especially since I don't know the specifics of the crash).
Thanks for answer! I think, I will start new world then. But I believe, that, at least, this error will not occur in future with another players.
I can give some additional info, if required.

Thanks a lot!

Wow this one crashed my Terraria hard. We'll look into it!
So, I tried to retrieve info message by myself and I found something interesting

I looked into map with TEdit and found INVAVID WALL, that crashed my Terraria, then it tried to download info, I think.
So I just replaced invalid wall with wall of dirt and my Terraria stopped crashing.
I think this can help with further investigations about it. And some additional info: this map was saved into cloud and this error appeared after Skeletron's death
Thanks for your feedback!

Attachments

• T90sUhZW8r0.jpg
    T90sUhZW8r0.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 259
  • T90sUhZW8r0.jpg
    T90sUhZW8r0.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Yeah, we know there is an invalid wall here. I'm glad you got a short term workaround!

We are still using your world to actually fix the crash itself. :)

Back
Top Bottom