PC Terraria crashes 5 seconds after launching

astonishingly

Terrarian
Hello guys,

Once i was young, i played terraria on my brothers account. (about 150-200h)

and since a few years I play Terraria on my own account. (300h) (Windows 10, Nvidia 1070, i7 7700k, 16GB Ram)
But i always played like 50h here a few months later 20h etc.

I stopped playing in Juli 2019? and since Nov 2019 im trying to fix Terraria.
(i will describe my error now)

I'm starting the game through stream, waiting for it to launch (2seconds) and then i see the Terraria WINDOW screen.
Everything is fine, then a few seconds later i see the "Singleplayer" "Multiplayer" "Option" menus.
and then it freezes and "Game is not responding anymore".

I tried to repair it (always says "1 file requested" but it downloads 0kb, or sometimes 1.26mb, then im trying to relaunching and SAME ERROR")
I tried to launch it as admin. (didn't work)
I tried reinstalling on my same Hard Disk. (didn't work)
I tried to install it on my SSD. (didn't work)
I tried installing the "NETFX40" or how it's called, and the "XNAFX40". (didn't work)
I tried sooo much stuff...
once i used a guide, and then relaunched it, and it startet 3 times and worked, but then i closed it and wanted to restart "SAME ERROR".

when i go into my NVIDIA GFORCE thing, normally there is like a "TAB" u can optimise your games and use the best options.. but terraria is empty (idk why).
I have my Graphic Driver always updated..
i even updated every of my "Drivers" my Hardware usses..

I once used "TERRAMAP" (Juli 2019), cause I ran threw my whole Jungle and there was no TEMPLE, but with terramap i saw it. (wasn't in the jungle)
(i deleted all files from Terramap, but idk how to really deinstall it)

Guys, Terraria is one of my fav. games.. and i really wanna play it again. If u have any ideas tell me..

2/6/2020 4:42:09 PM
System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsHelpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.CreateTexture(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, UInt32 usage, _D3DPOOL pool, SurfaceFormat format)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, SurfaceFormat format)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Texture2DReader.Read(ContentReader input, Texture2D existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.OurLoad[T](String path)
at Terraria.Main.LoadTextures()
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.ClientInitialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

(client crashlog)

Wait... you had a gaming PC (i7, GTX 1070, 16GB of Ram) and you cannot even run Terraria? This isn't intended to happen, despite that NVidia's drivers are bad in my opinion (they cannot even handle the oldest versions of Minecraft). I have an AMD E1-1200 (very terrible, even for Pentium 4 standards, because it is just 2 AMD Athlon XP 1700-tier CPUs combined into one package), HD 7310 (GT 210 [cannot even run CS:GO], except that it is integrated within my CPU), and 4GB of RAM (enough for the recommended requirements for Terraria), and it can run Terraria, but it lags, even on the most minimum settings.

Last edited:
no im not trying to play modded..., I am trying to play the normal Terraria, i just want to finish terraria again (all bosses, all npc's, all armors, nearly all weapons)

Back
Top Bottom