Mobile terraria crashes every 5 minutes

dr4kokosik

Terrarian
As in title. This bug is very annoying, when it crashes my all progress that i did in those minutes is unsaved. Also it crashes when i'm trying to click pause, or when i press "back" button on my mobile. I'm sure, that it's compatibile with my phone because the game runs smoothly, and on previous versions it didn't crash

Ah,and i forget to add, on tutorial level i can use pause and back button normally. And game is not crashing there. Those bugs happen for me only on normal worlds.

device:
sony ericsson xperia mini pro (sk17i)

Last edited:
OP,

Are you using KitKat with ART enabled? If you are, you can try to disable ART and everything goes back to normal.

So I was using Nexus 5 with KitKat, and I didn't root my phone (so hey developer, don't blame my phone's setting/ROM/anything because this is the problem of your :red:ty game). When I enabled ART, as soon as the game try to auto save to cloud (either press the pause button, or as you discribed, every 5 minutes), the game crashes. And as soon as I disabled ART, everything goes back to normal.

Unfortunately I flashed my phone with the latest Lollipop preview, ART was enabled by default, and I can never play this game again.

I can't believe any Android developer who doesn't test their paid app in Lollipop. I've left my finding on Play Store, I mentioned them on Twitter, I sent an email, nothing happened.

Would you please fix your :red:? Thank you! A disappointed player.

ummm, no i don't have android kitkat ._. i have 2.3.4
Then the codepath of trying to save current progress contains more bugs than I thought. The reason you can pause in tutorial is because in tutorial the game doesn't try to save current progress.

Back
Top Bottom