Terraria crashes when I try to open it

distru121

Official Terrarian
I don't know why, Terraria crashes when I try to open it. It starts the RE-LOGIC screen, and then it just crashes. I will attach here the crash log.
(The crash log says: unable to access a deleted object. Name of the object: Texture2d. etc...)

Found the solution: I thought I had to delete config file in terraria folder, but it was actually in the ModLoader folder...i'm stupid

Attachments

• Cattura.PNG
    Cattura.PNG
    286 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
If you delete the config.json file located in \Documents\My Games\Terraria so that your settings are reset do you then crash? Does using fullscreen crash your game as well?

If you delete the config.json file located in \Documents\My Games\Terraria so that your settings are reset do you then crash? Does using fullscreen crash your game as well?
Tried to delete config.json: still crashes. Tried to make it fullscreen: still crashes. I even tried to detect damaged files or missing files through Steam and even reinstalling it completely and it still crashes...

With the same error correct? If so let's make sure it's not a false positive and reinstall the XNA Framework Redist. Let me know if after installing you still crash with the same error.

With the same error correct? If so let's make sure it's not a false positive and reinstall the XNA Framework Redist. Let me know if after installing you still crash with the same error.
It worked perfectly the first time I reinstalled XNA Framework Redist and i thought the problem was solved, but then I reopened it and still crashes with same error and all. I forgot to mention one thing: the only version of terraria that crashes is the modded one with the TModLoader, the vanilla one works perfectly fine.

Oh then you'll want to talk to people that know more about the modded version then I do. I'll let someone know that this needs to be moved.

Back
Top Bottom