Member-Run Project Terraria/DC Comic: Review Thingy

Was my review helpful? Plans?

• Total voters
Am I the only person who doesn't associate the figures with an eldritch abomination distilled into a concentrated pile of pure evil?

Lets be realistic. Its a figurine. At worst, at the literal very worst interpretation, they are cheap, barely accurate adaptations. And I don't think they are quite that bad. The intense negativity above and beyond that (throwing them in the trash, refusing to buy the comic because of them) just doesn't make sense. I'd say "more for me", but apparently they sell insanely well everywhere and are constantly sold out, so I can only assume this is an extremely vocal minority.

Last edited:
I never planned on spending $15 for a comic book (and indeed I didn't), but the "action figures"...

They look to me, like lego. But yet they're not lego. It's really odd.

I think the reason why people are disappointed with the figurines, is because...

1). It pushes the price of the package up.
2). They are very cheaply made and usually unwanted/not asked for (face it, if you buy this, you want the comic book. If you wanted figurines, you'd buy the toy sets instead).

Put those two together and I can see why people would be against the figurines being included. You see this kinda thing anytime you see overpriced packages that include "bonuses" that most don't care about. It isn't just this specific one; I've seen it in other things from games, to other comic books, to... nearly anything.

No offense to DC on this, but to be honest, I think they should have lowered the price to, I don't know, more like $9 and offered a version with just the book and no figures/fancy packaging. Adding a few bucks onto the price and packaging it with a couple 30-50 cent action figures is blatant price gouging and nobody's fooled by it. I think that a decent chunk of the people who DID go for this, did it just to support the idea, hoping to see more comics in the future, but again, they speak out against the toys hoping for future editions being just the comic book.

I never planned on spending $15 for a comic book (and indeed I didn't), but the "action figures"...

They look to me, like lego. But yet they're not lego. It's really odd.

I think the reason why people are disappointed with the figurines, is because...

1). It pushes the price of the package up.
2). They are very cheaply made and usually unwanted/not asked for (face it, if you buy this, you want the comic book. If you wanted figurines, you'd buy the toy sets instead).

Put those two together and I can see why people would be against the figurines being included. You see this kinda thing anytime you see overpriced packages that include "bonuses" that most don't care about. It isn't just this specific one; I've seen it in other things from games, to other comic books, to... nearly anything.

No offense to DC on this, but to be honest, I think they should have lowered the price to, I don't know, more like $9 and offered a version with just the book and no figures/fancy packaging. Adding a few bucks onto the price and packaging it with a couple 30-50 cent action figures is blatant price gouging and nobody's fooled by it. I think that a decent chunk of the people who DID go for this, did it just to support the idea, hoping to see more comics in the future, but again, they speak out against the toys hoping for future editions being just the comic book.
Talking about lego, who would like Terraria lego?

Helpful review, didn't really have plans on buying it regardless, I already spent like £400 on a writing course. I loved the reference to Papa Pixel's, and Derunih and Samrux's stories.

Back
Top Bottom