Terraria doesn't start

Peter_te

Terrarian
I bought terraria yesterday on steam. I've installed it but when I try to start the game I have message: "widnows installer" and then It crashes. Have you got any solutions?

Hello, are you able to screenshot the thing that says "Windows Installer"?

I need to see what program is saying this whether its an msi or steam.

Essentially we're going to be taking a look at your event viewer to get some clues as to why this is happening. It'll be easier to tell you what you're looking for with that screenshot.

Let me know if you have any questions on how to get this information.

Steam wants my admin password, when I type it this notification apperes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-06-23 12-41-07.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-06-23 12-41-07.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 580
We don't quite need the event viewer yet there are some things i want to try.

Whenever you first run a game, steam asks you to perform a first time setup. This installs the dependencies, we should be able to figure out which one is causing the problem if we manually go through and manually install the dependencies.

Perform these actions in order and let me know which one causes issues:

Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Microsoft XNA framework 4.0 and Visual don't install and .Net Framework and DirectX are already installed

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 370
So it looks like the service windows uses to install applications is at fault here.

Restart your computer, then try installing XNA again.

Okay that's unusual, press ctrl+shift+esc to bring up the task manager. Then click on "Advanced Details" in the bottom left. Screenshot everything you have running then post it here. You may need to manipulate the window size or take multiple screen shots to make everything fit.

Within the red square are the two processes I want you to end. Right click them and choose "End Process". Afterwards retry the XNA installation and let me know if it goes through this time around.

2CXhu7W.jpg

Installation works. What I must do then?
[doublepost=1529784112,1529783649][/doublepost]It works now. Thank you very much :)))

Attachments

• yeah.jpg
    yeah.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 308
Yeah no problem!

If you have any other issues be sure to visit the forums again, we got your back :)

Yes, I iniciate my terriria on steam, steam says i'm playing but the processor open only in 3 or 4 seconds and close, again and again...
I installed, xna4.0, net 4.7.2, directX, reinstall terraria and programs too, but when I open terrariaserver, says:
upload_2018-6-26_19-59-4.png

In English: Could not load file or assembly: microsoft.net.framework.graphics.dll, is not a valid Win32 application
I don't know what to do more ... :(

Bad Image Formats indicate it's looking for a 32 bit file and receiving a 64 bit file and vice versa. I would tell you how to fix this but I don't need to since it fixed itself somehow.

Enjoy Terraria =)

[QUOTE = "Grumpy Squid, post: 1603999, member: 7335"] Formatos de imagem incorretos indicam que está procurando por um arquivo de 32 bits e recebendo um arquivo de 64 bits e vice-versa. Eu diria a você como consertar isso, mas eu não preciso, já que se consertou de alguma forma.

Aproveite Terraria =) [/ QUOTE]
Olá, estou tendo o mesmo problema recentemente e ainda não consigo consertar, pode me dizer consertar?

Could you describe the issue you are having? Are there any error messages when trying to launch the game?

If you enable error logging by doing the below steps, what does the log say?

0eiPNMV.jpg

Back
Top Bottom