Status
Not open for further replies.

ChippyGaming 🌳

Terraria Enthusiast
HABBnaT.png

I found this post on​
reddit​
from 3 years ago and wanted to try and adapt it to Terraria 1.2.4​

So far I have created the following rules for the challenge, but I'd like to hear your suggestions!

- You can only destroy 'dead wood' (trees without a top)
- You can only use metal weapons YOU have crafted
- only magic and BOWS (not ranged) are allowed
- Potions only work during the day (on the surface, in DIRECT sunlight) THIS INCLUDES HEALING POTIONS
- You must purify your surface crimson/corruption
- If you KILL a critter (bunny, frog etc) you MUST bin your weapon
- House can only be build from natural things (no wood)
- Metal armour can only be worn when covered in a vanity outfit
- NO METAL CONTRAPTIONS (i.e guns)
- Permadeath

TO WIN YOU MUST purify the surface, and THEN kill the Wall of Flesh

Here is my video that I created to test it out, I found this to be a medium challenge, RNG does help a lot :

This is my first shot at this, hope you enjoy

hmm the main drawback towards it being fun is permadeath (I can never bring myself to enjoy that mode to many unpredictable variables in death medium core is better for challenge runs in my opinion)but I can see it working(though it will be a very short series hahaha).

Summoning should be allowed as elves use that I could also support swords as in what fantasy game do they not use swords really the only thing they don't use is high tech gear actually yeah ban high tech accessories (no rocket boots,jet pack,hover board, ect)

the real challenge looks like it comes from the potion conditions when they become important latter in the game (aka moon events and bosses) as they primarily occur at night or underground. lack of spelunker or danger sense potions will make it much harder to explore the world especially if hard core

edit the net looks like it will be very important too

hmm the main drawback towards it being fun is permadeath (I can never bring myself to enjoy that mode to many unpredictable variables in death medium core is better for challenge runs in my opinion)but I can see it working(though it will be a very short series hahaha).

Summoning should be allowed as elves use that I could also support swords as in what fantasy game do they not use swords really the only thing they don't use is high tech gear actually yeah ban high tech accessories (no rocket boots,jet pack,hover board, ect)

the real challenge looks like it comes from the potion conditions when they become important latter in the game (aka moon events and bosses) as they primarily occur at night or underground. lack of spelunker or danger sense potions will make it much harder to explore the world especially if hard core

edit the net looks like it will be very important too

Thanks for the feedback, everyone else just seems to come, downvote, and leave...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone else just seems to come, downvote, and leave...

Don't let it get to you. They do it on purpose to get a reaction and they are most likely the Youtube trolls.

I had just finished watching your video about 30 minutes ago, it was quite entertaining and I may have to try this out myself over the weekend. :)

why would they downvote you? (plus this site doesn't even have down votes plus you only had 4 on youtube...)

edit. In all honesty downvotes only seem to promote toxicity in a community

why would they downvote you? (plus this site doesn't even have down votes plus you only had 4 on youtube...)

edit. In all honesty downvotes only seem to promote toxicity in a community

I think Chippy was referring to the poll. They come to purposely vote the "No" option.

I have one question regarding the challenge.. this:

"- only magic and BOWS (not ranged) are allowed"

The "BOWS (not ranged)" part is a little confusing. Aren't all bows ranged? I'm probably just over thinking this big time.

I have one question regarding the challenge.. this:

"- only magic and BOWS (not ranged) are allowed"

The "BOWS (not ranged)" part is a little confusing. Aren't all bows ranged? I'm probably just over thinking this big time.
Means no guns, rockets, etc.

Sounds interesting, and I may have to give it a try. The no potions underground or at night seems like it could be one hell of a challenge.
One thing I noticed in your video though that I no one else seemed to pick up was that you seemed to forget that recall potions are technically potions. That means the only time you could actually use them would be in
during the day (on the surface, in DIRECT sunlight)
I noticed that after the cut from you being in the jungle to your house there is one less recall potion. So you kinda broke the rules...

Sounds interesting, and I may have to give it a try. The no potions underground or at night seems like it could be one hell of a challenge.
One thing I noticed in your video though that I no one else seemed to pick up was that you seemed to forget that recall potions are technically potions. That means the only time you could actually use them would be in I noticed that after the cut from you being in the jungle to your house there is one less recall potion. So you kinda broke the rules...

I had a magic mirror, I forgot to use it! force of habit! (plus this was just a test ;)

hohoo...pretty interesting, i just didn't get about the "metal" parts, but okay
i will do that challenge with my cousin one day...i guess...but i will do ^^

Sounds interesting, but I just started the video and you know. THE RECENT NEWS THAT THE HOBBITS ARE BEING TAKEN TO EISENGARD.

This one sounds....interesting. It would probably bring me on my knees as a player not being able to wear metal armor and use guns. I congratulate Chippy for giving this one a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom