tModLoader Terraria Error - Index out of bounds of the array.

CodeVengeance

Official Terrarian
So I play modded Terraria and sometimes whenever I place something, for example a chandelier, it gives me this exception saying: Index out of bounds of the array. This does not happen every time I place an object, just occasionally. I checked the logs.txt file and it says:

Silently Caught Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.Instance(Item item) at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.Instance(Item item)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.ConsumeItem(Item item, Player player)
at Terraria.Player.ItemCheck(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Player.ItemCheckWrapped(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

I would really appreciate it if someone helped because it is really annoying when the exception pops up in the chat.

The exception kinda states the obvious, in which it's a problem related to items being used. Being an index out of bounds exception, it can be a huge multitude of things, which would normally be critical enough to cause a full fledged crash but it's somehow being caught.

It would help if you shared your list of loaded mods.

The exception kinda states the obvious, in which it's a problem related to items being used. Being an index out of bounds exception, it can be a huge multitude of things, which would normally be critical enough to cause a full fledged crash but it's somehow being caught.

It would help if you shared your list of loaded mods.

These are the mods that I am currently using:
  • AlchemistNPC
  • Auto Trash
  • Base Mod
  • Beyond The Forgotten Ages
  • Boss Checklist
  • Builder's Toolbox
  • Calamity Addon
  • Calamity Mod
  • Chad's Furniture Mod
  • Crystilium
  • Elements Awoken
  • Fargo's Mutant Mod
  • Furniture, Food and Fun
  • GRealm
  • JoostMod
  • Luiafk
  • Magic Storage
  • MaxStackPlus
  • Mechtransfer
  • MoreAccesories+
  • Project_logic
  • Recipe Browser
  • SacredTools
  • Solutions Mod
  • Spirit Mod
  • The Antiaris
  • The Luggage
  • Thorium
  • VipixToolbox
  • WeaponOut
  • Which Mod Is This From?
  • Wildlife Mod
  • Yet Another Boss Health Bar
  • imkSushi's Mod
I just added the Split Mod. Maybe, that is causing the error?

These are the mods that I am currently using:
  • AlchemistNPC
  • Auto Trash
  • Base Mod
  • Beyond The Forgotten Ages
  • Boss Checklist
  • Builder's Toolbox
  • Calamity Addon
  • Calamity Mod
  • Chad's Furniture Mod
  • Crystilium
  • Elements Awoken
  • Fargo's Mutant Mod
  • Furniture, Food and Fun
  • GRealm
  • JoostMod
  • Luiafk
  • Magic Storage
  • MaxStackPlus
  • Mechtransfer
  • MoreAccesories+
  • Project_logic
  • Recipe Browser
  • SacredTools
  • Solutions Mod
  • Spirit Mod
  • The Antiaris
  • The Luggage
  • Thorium
  • VipixToolbox
  • WeaponOut
  • Which Mod Is This From?
  • Wildlife Mod
  • Yet Another Boss Health Bar
  • imkSushi's Mod
Yes, I know there are a lot. I just added the Split Mod. Maybe, that is causing the error?
Yeah which makes diagnosing the bug a whole lot of a mess.

I would suggest making a backup of your world, then turning off mods one by one in order by those that are the most likely to be affecting item using or tiles placement. This is going to likely mess up mods with modded chests or some other modded tiles, which is the point of the backup.

I would suggest making a backup of your world, then turning off mods one by one in order by those that are the most likely to be affecting item using or tiles placement. This is going to likely mess up mods with modded chests or some other modded tiles, which is the point of the backup.

This will take some time.

Yes! After 1 hour of searching I finally found out what mod is causing the error. It is Sacred Tools. I reported the bug to the main developer and he said that it was a bug which they are trying to fix for a long time.

Last edited:
can someone help me

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,511
Back
Top Bottom