PC Terraria Error: System.Threading.SyncronizationLockException: Object? Help

theWolflike101

Terrarian
I have run into this error every time I open up terraria and I don't seem to be able to fix it. It happens whenever I go to manually save it but ONLY when it manually saves so basically whenever I exit settings, whenever I exit a world etc. The game just crashes immediately and this gets shoved in my face:
Terraria Syncronization Error Msg.png

I have tried everything I can think of to get this to stop and work properly but nothing seems to work. This includes changing security on terraria files, moving files out of locations and swapping files over. IF SOMEONE SAYS DELETE THE CONFIG FILE I WILL FLIP BECAUSE THAT DOES NOT WORK.
I've had to wait for the game to autosave before I could leave or change worlds/characters otherwise I lose data if anyone knows how to fix this please help and remember this only happens when MANUALLY saving not autosaving. Thx in advance.

This is usually caused by a program, or the operating system, denying Terraria the permission to save to it's designated folder. I'll go over some of the possible solutions with you to see if we can get this cleared up.

1. Windows Defender is the most common culprit for the error you're seeing. Try disabling it to see if it solves your problem, to do this:
  • Open Settings.
  • Click on Update & security.
  • Click on Windows Defender.
  • Turn off the toggle switch for Real-time protection.
disable-windows-defener-realtime-protections.jpg

If that solves your problem then make an exception for Terraria and the "My Games" folder in your documents. If that doesn't solve your problem move to step 2.

2. Do you have a program called Bit Defender installed? If so you'll need to temporarily disable it to see if that fixes your crash. If it does, add an exception, if it doesn't move to step 3.

3. Launch Terraria as an administrator. Right click it's application in it's install directory and select run as administrator. If that doesn't solve your issue move to step 4.

4. Do you have a program called Malwarebytes installed? Try disabling it and see if it helps if not move to step 5.

5. We need to make sure all users have Full Control to see if this will solve the error. To do this go to your Documents and find you "My Games" Folder, right click it and select properties. A new window will pop up with a bunch of tabs, click on the security tab. You'll need to select each of the users on there and give them full control. So click on a user/group from the list then select edit. A new window will pop up, in this new window click on a user/group and make sure the full control checkbox is checked. Do this for all users and groups to, afterwards see if that fixed it and you can launch the game.

3UJorJf.png
moLX64W.png

I blacked out some personal information, but you should still get what you need to hopefully. If that doesn't solve it move to step 6.

6. This is a solution I found on the web that I don't understand but it helps some people so we can try it here. Open up your config.json file using notepad, find the line "MapEnabled": and set it to false instead of true. This should be the second one from the top. launch Terraria, if that doesn't fix your issue move to step 7.

7. Technically the above step should provide the same solution but just in case try this: Let's change the ownership of the files. I'm borrowing the tutorial the QA director made:

• Open My Documents\My Games\ and right click the Terraria folder Or wherever your directory is
  • Click Properties.
  • Click the Security tab
  • Click the "Advanced" button.
  • Click "Change" next to Owner.
  • Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
  • Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
  • Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
  • Click the "Edit" button.
  • Click on your username from the list.
  • Check "Full control" underneath it.
  • Click OK.
  • Click OK again.
If none of that helps then we'll need to figure out what program or feature is denying Terraria the right to make changes to files in your documents. If you've exhausted all the steps above then go to Programs and Features (the place where you would uninstall a program) and take a screenshot of everything there for me and post it here. You may need to take multiple screenshots or manipulate the window size.

Holy crap that's allot of information. I'll go through and try the steps to see if they will fix it. I'll notify you on what doesn't work if I try it and if it fails so that you (and any others viewing this thread) know what will work, what won't and what to recommend to the next person. It took me a little while to get back to you and that's because I've been really busy recently. Your the first person I've been able to get an intelligent response out of regarding this issue. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
1. Windows Defender is the most common culprit for the error you're seeing. Try disabling it to see if it solves your problem, to do this:
  • Open Settings.
  • Click on Update & security.
  • Click on Windows Defender.
  • Turn off the toggle switch for Real-time protection.
disable-windows-defener-realtime-protections.jpg
Step 1:
This solution I will need more assistance with as my settings browser looks slightly different for Windows defender and real-time protection (or any settings really) doesn't appear on it. Mine looks like this,
Terraria Error Thread pct1.PNG

All of those are links to the application and none of them say anything about real-time protection.

Step 2:
This is not applicable to me because Bit Defender is not installed on my desktop.

Step 3:
Running terraria in Administrator mode is ineffective and does not solve the problem (and I tested it before I typed this)

Step 4:
This is not applicable to me because Malwarebytes is not installed on my desktop.

Step 5:
These permissions were changed to those requirements by me before I posted this thread. I stated in my first post that I had messed with the security files to allow terraria full access so this step is not applicable and unfortunately does not work. (I did review everything though everything seems fine)

Step 6:
This step is ineffective and does not solve the problem (and I tested it before I typed this)

Step 7:
This step is ineffective and does not solve the problem. My username is already been input in the ownership files as I use my user account to play games not my private account so it's the same as steam. Also, like you said, I'm pretty sure this does the same thing as step 5 just with a couple more steps so it's obviously not going to work. (I did review everything though everything seems fine)

So we seem to have a problem here. All of the steps (except step 1 which is still untested) appear to have failed. I'm not sure what you mean by go to programs and features so I won't be able to post an image in advance. Can you give me a better explanation of where I need to go to access this information so I can send you the image. Also would you mind looking into step one for me if you have a chance. I have a good feeling about that one but I can't test it for lack of instructive information. (see above [Step 1]). Waiting patiently for your response. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:
Sorry about the information overload, I find it better to give the user as much information as possible at a time to speed up the troubleshooting process otherwise going and testing everything one at a time takes too long.

Okay, so let's go over step 1 a bit better. My Windows Defender screenshot was out of date appears, so my apologies on that. If you click the "Virus & Threat Protection" section under protection areas. You should see a screen similar to below:

152303d1504797387-turn-off-windows-defender-real-time-protection-windows-10-a-turn_off_windows_defender_real-time_protection-2.png

Click on "Virus and Threat Protection Settings" then you should see:

152304d1504797387-turn-off-windows-defender-real-time-protection-windows-10-a-turn_off_windows_defender_real-time_protection-3.png

Turn that off, click okay, click yes when prompted by UAC and I believe Windows Defender should now be off, or at least the part that prevents Terraria from creating files.

All screenshots were borrowed from part of the "Ten Forums" webpage, instructions were then trimmed down to make things easier.

Afterwards, test to see if Terraria is no longer crashing when attempting to create and modify files when saving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the event that did not fix your problem, or it does not apply to you, let me show you what I mean to get me a list of installed programs. Open a file explorer and paste the following into the url bar Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features (you can also navigate there manually) It's the same page as if you were going to uninstall something. It should give me a list of everything installed on your machine. Take a screenshot, or multiple, so that I can see everything and look over what else might be preventing Terraria from making changes.

Step 1:
Annoyingly enough this was not the problem as it is already off on my computer. I even took the time to exclude all the terraria folders from being scanned by windows defender but this was to no avail.

Ok. So here are the pictures of the Programs and Features folder it's in two parts but it has everything.
Terraria Error Thread pct2.PNG

upload_2018-5-28_13-58-47.png

I hope you can work with this.

Here is also the URL to a site that explains the code in question.
http://www.gnu.org/software/dotgnu/pnetlib-doc/System/Threading/SynchronizationLockException.html

This is all starting to get rather annoying and I'm starting to think that it might be terraria not my computer. I tried reinstalling it before I came to the forums but this didn't help.
Waiting to hear back from you.

I'm just going to make this simple and say that this was to no avail (it didn't work). You don't need to apologise either. It's not your fault and your trying the best you can to help out. If you got any other ideas lets hear em'. I'm out of ideas and I really do not understand why this is happening. By looking at the summary in the website I had in my previous post, I think I can gather that Terraria is trying to gain access through a system to get to a file but the system it is using does not have access this is at least my interpretation of it anyway. This brings me back to the security issue so I reviewed all of the files but there doesn't seem to be a problem. If it comes down to it, we might be able to stream feed live from my monitor so you can see what I'm doing (we can do this through discord) but to do this we would need to be active at the same time. It also needs to be ok with you. And don't worry about personal information, this is my user account after all so you won't get hint of anything private.

Thanks for the help. Waiting to hear back from you.
P.S
It is really late for me right now so it may take me a little while to get back to you depending on when you nest post.

So let me explain why you're seeing this error. You were pretty close in what your interpretation of it was. Terraria needs to be able to create and make changes to a file called config.json inside \Documents\My Games\Terraria. When Terraria is not given permission to create the file you see the error that you posted. Even if we were to put the file there ourselves Terraria still wouldn't have permission to make changes to this file which will produce a different error.

The reason troubleshooting this error can feel like a wild goose chase sometimes is because the vast amount of systems and software that can deny Terraria those permissions.

I went over everything I can think of that would cause your issue on your computer. I had only one other user with the same error that I also was not able to find a cause for after exhausting the whole list of reasons for it.

I suppose technically a broken XNA could theoretically throw the same error, but I believe reinstalling XNA 4.0 redist is something you already tried right?

I mean you might be able to reinstall Windows at this point, but I'm not sure that it's going to guarantee to fix your problem and it's something for advanced users. So it's not something i'd recommend to most people. If you're comfortable with reinstalling windows then you can give that a go if you wish.

But ultimately I think we'll need to wait for someone else to come along and give me the piece of the puzzle that I'm missing here. Let me tag the QA team to see if one of them knows or if they can talk to a Dev for more info. @Ghostar @Leinfors @Arkhayla

I truly am not sure why Terraria cannot access the .JSON I just went through and modified them individually but it still won't work surprise surprise. Can you tell me what the control file for the saving is? I might be able to use some of my "hoodoo" magic to try and solve it. Also can you do me a favour and send me a pic of the files saved under terraria in documents (So your .JSON files & Players & World Folders) and a pic of the files under terraria in your steam library. I have the odd feeling that there are files and folders missing from Terraria but I might be just grasping at straws at this point. If you could, that would be great. Also does terraria replace all of the .JSON files if they are deleted or just the config file?

I went through the other thread to look at what was going on with the other user. It appears that his error is similar but not exactly the same. Terraria for me can still recreate the config.json file if I delete it but can't access it and I have no trouble with creating characters and worlds. As I explained In my very first post, it only happens for me when I manually save. So while our problems are similar they are not the same perhaps this knowledge may help you with further ideas.

P.S
It's funny but the longer I try to solve this problem the less I think of it as an error with my game and the more I think of it as a challenge that I need to fix. I will not give up just yet.

Aha! We seem to have another error I have overlooked that may be contributing or act as a hint to the primary error.
Terraria InvalidOperationException Error.PNG

This one occurs when I try to save and logoff of a world. Do you know whats causing this? It seems that terraria is running its code in the wrong order.

I'll send you a screenshot in the morning, but I can answer some of your questions right now.

Terraria saves settings in the config.json file, but saves worlds and players in their respective folders in the same area where the config is. Not sure if that answered your question.

If you feel you are missing files and folders you can verify the integrity of your game cache through steam. It will then re-aquire missing files. If you have any questions on how to do this let me know.

Good eye on the similarities and differences between your issue and his, I should have caught that but got too caught up in how I've seen the error be thrown every other time Ive worked on this error. I'll give it some thought and see what I can come up with.

Also that tends to be how I think of troubleshooting as well, like a game or a puzzle.

--------------------------------------------------

This error is a new development, it gives us more evidence to work with. The unusual thing is I'm seeing that this new error typically deals with mods. This can be different causes and different mods. Usually the user is sent back to the mod author for them to fix on their end.

I can't seem to find instances of vanilla Terraria throwing this error. Was your Terraria modded at any point in time?

In the event your Terraria was and still is vanilla we might need to collect more info and then talk to the developers or maybe some mod authors to get more info on what this error means and why it's being thrown.

I'll look deeper into this in the morning, but let's have you try a few things. Firstly find out if you're able to throw this error consistently or if it's random. Log off a world 5 times and see how often this error gets thrown each time. If it's consistent then upload your world file here so I can see if I'm able to throw the error with it.

The rest of what I want you to try is only if your Terraria is vanilla. If it's modded then you'll need to talk with the author of the mods throwing the error. I'll be frank with you, a lot of what I'm about to suggest you have probably already done, but it might be a good idea to do it again for this new error so we can rule out and isolate a cause.

1. Verify integrity of the game cache. Then see if the error is still thrown.

2. Uninstall and Reinstall XNA 4.0 redist. Then see if the error is still thrown.

3. Backup Terraria's My Games folder somewhere else (essentially copy your characters and worlds to another folder) then uninstall Terraria. Afterwards delete any traces of Terraria which will mean deleting it's folder in my games. (Which is why we copied your files to another location so that we have your save files still for when we fix the error) then reinstall Terraria. Create a test character and a test world Finally, check to see if the error is still thrown. If it isn't then copy your characters and worlds back into Terraria's folders and test the same world with the same character that you did to originally throw the new error. Then check to see if it's thrown.

Once you do all that, we will then know for sure this error can be thrown by a fresh install of Terraria.

If you have any questions or new developments let me know.

I have never modded terraria and this is a new computer so there is no chance of it being modded (checked anyway tho). I do have an imported world but it doesn't seem to matter either way. The crash for the worlds comes up every time no matter what world I log out of (game is still able to autosave just by the way).

I have redone XNA 4.0 redist but doesn't seem to have any effect on the problem.

Steam claimed the files were valid but still threw both crashes.

Going to do a complete Terraria wipe as you suggested.

It seems I have found a solution!

After doing a 100% software wipe for terraria the two crashes are not occurring anymore
>>> NOT OCCURRING ANYMORE <<<
>>> CRASH RESOLVED <<<

By going into my files and doing a complete pc search for any files named terraria, I deleted EVERYTHING to do with terraria.
I then proceeded to reinstall it and after testing 5 or 6 times neither bug is being thrown.
I thank you for all the time and effort you have spent in helping me. If not for your help I may not have ever done such an action. I often forget to do a file scan and hence don't actually get rid of everything. Once again thanks and lets just hope that it stays like this for good.

My final say is that it likely didn't install a file in the right place and therefore was attempting to access a file that had higher privileges than Terraria had. Now we can use this information as a solution for other peoples problems. Perhaps it will help the other user in the other thread who was having problems.

The Bit Defender thing acually fixed it! I would have never thought it was an anti virus tool breaking it. I wonder if it broke Hello Neighbor alpha 2 as well, I will see.
Thanks

i have the same problem and i can't fix it
any ideas?

Provided you have exactly the same error, start with this:

index.php
This particular cause can actually boil down to a few different errors and crash reports, but after deleting config.json which many troubleshooting steps have you do you'll finally get this one. This simply means that Terraria does not have the permissions or access required to create and modify the config.json file.
1. Disabling, or adding an exception to, Windows Defender: I have users start with disabling windows defender to see if that's what causing the issue, if it is, I have them re-enable it and then add an exception to Terraria.exe located in the install directory and Terraria's default save location which is located in \Documents\My Games\Terraria.

How to disable Windows Defender
  • Open the Settings Page for Windows, this can be done by clicking the start button and then clicking the gear icon towards the bottom left hand side of the screen. Alternatively you can also type in settings and click the gear icon that pops up if you're having trouble locating it.
  • Click on "Update and Security".
  • Make sure the shield icon is selected on the left hand side.
  • Click on "Virus and Threat Protection".
  • Click on "Virus and Threat Protection Settings".
  • Click the toggle switch on under "Real Time Protection" so that it says off.
  • You should now be prompted by the UAC, select yes.
  • Windows Defender should now be disabled, if you had problems following this short tutorial, click here to visit a section of the Ten Forums that covers this topic complete with pictures.
If this did not solve your problem or this does not apply to you move to step 2

2. Add an Exception to your Anti-Virus Program: You can also just temporarily turn off your Anti-Virus program to see if this is causing the issue. Once it's determined if it is causing the problem you'll want to turn it back on and just add an exception to the program, as keeping it off is not recommended as it can expose your system to malware and viruses. Make sure that both Terraria's install directory, it's application file (.exe), and the default save location \Documents\My Games\Terraria are added. The steps on how to add an exception, and what you can add as an exception are going to differ from program to program. If you're not sure you can always google it or ask the Tech Support Section for help. Programs known to cause issues with Terraria include: BitDefender, MalwareBytes, and McAfee.

If this did not solve your problem or this does not apply to you move to step 3

3. Adjust Windows File Permissions and Ownership: We need to make sure all users have Full Control over Terraria's default save directory to see if this will solve the error. There's two different ways to do this. If one doesn't work out for you, maybe the other one will. The Ownership part of this tutorial was written up by the Quality Assurance Director for Relogic, Thanks Arkhayla!

Method 1: Changing Permissions
  • Go to your Documents and find you "My Games" Folder, right click it and select properties.
  • In the new window that will pop up there should be bunch of tabs, click on the security tab.
  • You'll need to select each of the users on there and give them full control. So click on a user/group from the list then select edit.
  • A new window will pop up, in this new window click on a user/group and make sure the full control checkbox is checked.
  • Do this for all users and groups, afterwards see if that fixed it and you can launch the game.
  • Below you will find an example image that may clarify some of the previous steps
3UJorJf.png
moLX64W.png

Method 2: Changing Ownership
  • Open My Documents\My Games\ and right click the Terraria folder Or wherever your directory is
  • Click Properties.
  • Click the Security tab
  • Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
  • Click OK.
  • Click OK again.
If this did not solve your problem or this does not apply to you move to step 4

4. Run Terraria as an Administrator: Browse to you installation directory, by default for steam it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria then right click the application and select run administrator.

If this did not solve your problem or this does not apply to you move to step 5

5. Erase All Previous Terraria Data and Installations on your Computer: This method was found by a user on our forums in a thread that I helped troubleshoot with them. Thanks TheWolfLike101! First uninstall Terraria, then back up any save data you might want to keep located in either \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds and \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players. Now delete the Terraria folder in \Documents\My Games. Finally do a file search for anything that might be Terraria related. Afterwards reinstall Terraria and launch it, if no error is thrown you can copy back over your world and player files that I mentioned you should back up.

If this did not solve your problem or this does not apply to you move to step 6

6. Changing the Default Save Directory: It's possible to manipulate and change the default save directory in the event all previous steps have failed to help you. This method was found by a user on our forum, Thanks TorZar! It was originally used by TorVar to change the directory for mod purposes, but I believe the same method can be used to help solve this problem.

Method 1: Using a Shortcut - The Install Directory
  • Navigate to your install directory of Terraria, by default for steam it should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
  • Right click Terraria.exe and select "Create Shortcut".
  • Right click the newly created shortcut and select properties.
  • In the target field add -savedirectory saves at the end, it should now look something like below, and save it's files to the install directory in a folder called saves
T5cTqDB.png

Method 2: Using a Shortcut - Any Directory
  • Navigate to your install directory of Terraria, by default for steam it should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
  • In the target field add -savedirectory and then add the file path so that it looks something like this -savedirectory C:\Terraria Save Data. Any file path can be used so long as you have the proper permissions on that user to modify files there. You can use a file path for a folder on your desktop, your local app data, or even an external drive. (so long as that drive is mounted)
ns6ahII.png

Method 3: Using Steam Launch Options
  • Right click Terraria in steam.
  • Select "Properties".
  • Under the "General" tab find the "Set Launch Options" buttons
  • In the target field add -savedirectory and then add the file path so that it looks something like below Replace the black bar with the name of your user account for windows Though technically any file path can be used so long as you have the proper permissions on that user to modify files there.
2takvd9.png

Provided you have exactly the same error, start with this:

index.php
This particular cause can actually boil down to a few different errors and crash reports, but after deleting config.json which many troubleshooting steps have you do you'll finally get this one. This simply means that Terraria does not have the permissions or access required to create and modify the config.json file.
1. Disabling, or adding an exception to, Windows Defender: I have users start with disabling windows defender to see if that's what causing the issue, if it is, I have them re-enable it and then add an exception to Terraria.exe located in the install directory and Terraria's default save location which is located in \Documents\My Games\Terraria.

How to disable Windows Defender
  • Open the Settings Page for Windows, this can be done by clicking the start button and then clicking the gear icon towards the bottom left hand side of the screen. Alternatively you can also type in settings and click the gear icon that pops up if you're having trouble locating it.
  • Click on "Update and Security".
  • Make sure the shield icon is selected on the left hand side.
  • Click on "Virus and Threat Protection".
  • Click on "Virus and Threat Protection Settings".
  • Click the toggle switch on under "Real Time Protection" so that it says off.
  • You should now be prompted by the UAC, select yes.
  • Windows Defender should now be disabled, if you had problems following this short tutorial, click here to visit a section of the Ten Forums that covers this topic complete with pictures.
If this did not solve your problem or this does not apply to you move to step 2

2. Add an Exception to your Anti-Virus Program: You can also just temporarily turn off your Anti-Virus program to see if this is causing the issue. Once it's determined if it is causing the problem you'll want to turn it back on and just add an exception to the program, as keeping it off is not recommended as it can expose your system to malware and viruses. Make sure that both Terraria's install directory, it's application file (.exe), and the default save location \Documents\My Games\Terraria are added. The steps on how to add an exception, and what you can add as an exception are going to differ from program to program. If you're not sure you can always google it or ask the Tech Support Section for help. Programs known to cause issues with Terraria include: BitDefender, MalwareBytes, and McAfee.

If this did not solve your problem or this does not apply to you move to step 3

3. Adjust Windows File Permissions and Ownership: We need to make sure all users have Full Control over Terraria's default save directory to see if this will solve the error. There's two different ways to do this. If one doesn't work out for you, maybe the other one will. The Ownership part of this tutorial was written up by the Quality Assurance Director for Relogic, Thanks Arkhayla!

Method 1: Changing Permissions
  • Go to your Documents and find you "My Games" Folder, right click it and select properties.
  • In the new window that will pop up there should be bunch of tabs, click on the security tab.
  • You'll need to select each of the users on there and give them full control. So click on a user/group from the list then select edit.
  • A new window will pop up, in this new window click on a user/group and make sure the full control checkbox is checked.
  • Do this for all users and groups, afterwards see if that fixed it and you can launch the game.
  • Below you will find an example image that may clarify some of the previous steps
3UJorJf.png
moLX64W.png

Method 2: Changing Ownership
  • Click Properties.
  • Click the Security tab
  • Click OK.
  • Click OK again.
If this did not solve your problem or this does not apply to you move to step 4

4. Run Terraria as an Administrator: Browse to you installation directory, by default for steam it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria then right click the application and select run administrator.

If this did not solve your problem or this does not apply to you move to step 5

5. Erase All Previous Terraria Data and Installations on your Computer: This method was found by a user on our forums in a thread that I helped troubleshoot with them. Thanks TheWolfLike101! First uninstall Terraria, then back up any save data you might want to keep located in either \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds and \Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players. Now delete the Terraria folder in \Documents\My Games. Finally do a file search for anything that might be Terraria related. Afterwards reinstall Terraria and launch it, if no error is thrown you can copy back over your world and player files that I mentioned you should back up.

If this did not solve your problem or this does not apply to you move to step 6

6. Changing the Default Save Directory: It's possible to manipulate and change the default save directory in the event all previous steps have failed to help you. This method was found by a user on our forum, Thanks TorZar! It was originally used by TorVar to change the directory for mod purposes, but I believe the same method can be used to help solve this problem.

Method 1: Using a Shortcut - The Install Directory
  • In the target field add -savedirectory saves at the end, it should now look something like below, and save it's files to the install directory in a folder called saves
T5cTqDB.png

Method 2: Using a Shortcut - Any Directory
  • In the target field add -savedirectory and then add the file path so that it looks something like this -savedirectory C:\Terraria Save Data. Any file path can be used so long as you have the proper permissions on that user to modify files there. You can use a file path for a folder on your desktop, your local app data, or even an external drive. (so long as that drive is mounted)
ns6ahII.png

Method 3: Using Steam Launch Options
  • Right click Terraria in steam.
  • Select "Properties".
  • Under the "General" tab find the "Set Launch Options" buttons
  • In the target field add -savedirectory and then add the file path so that it looks something like below Replace the black bar with the name of your user account for windows Though technically any file path can be used so long as you have the proper permissions on that user to modify files there.
2takvd9.png
is there any easier way or just this way

is there any easier way or just this way

That isn't one solution, that is a list of 6 different solutions. That is the compiled list of ways to fix this issue, and to my knowledge, the only ways. That is, provided your error code is exactly the same. Work your way down the list until one solves it for you.

Back
Top Bottom