PC Terraria.exe Has Stopped Working can anyone help me?

Even though this hellish crash happened to me sometimes, you need a decent computer (You will find them sold at 3000 or even over 9000 SAR in Saudi Arabia so they are insanely expensive) with an Intel Core i5/i7/Xeon or the AMD Ryzen and AMD Radeon RX series or Nvidia GeForce GTX 660.

The specifications of the machine isn't the issue, I would strongly advise against buying a new machine for this issue. It would be very unnecessary.

okay what is the other option?

Whoops, sorry my brain is all over the place. I forgot you have Windows 7 so you're not getting an update in October. So we're looking at reinstalling Windows to fix this issue.

• This will erase ALL OF YOUR FILES ON YOUR COMPUTER. You NEED to make sure you copy any files you want to keep to a USB Flash drive. If you're looking to backup Terraria's save data it is location in \Documents\My Games\Terraria.
  • Grab a flash drive with at least 8GB of free space and insert it into the Computer.
  • Visit this website, paste your Windows License and then click verify at the bottom. Download the ISO.
  • Download the Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool
  • Run the program and allow it to guide you through the process.
  • Now that you have the Windows Installer on the flash drive you need to make sure you download all the necessary drivers that you'll need to make the computer function. If you don't know how to do this let me know what motherboard you have so I can get you the drivers you need. If you're not sure how to get this info let me know.
  • Restart your computer, you'll need to get to either the UEFI setup or the Boot Menu to boot from the Flash Drive. If you are not sure what key you need to hit to get to this menu make a post in the Technical Support section and I will guide you through it.
  • Once you boot from the flash drive into the installer you'll want to select the custom or advanced installation, not the upgrade one.
  • It should show you a picture of all your drives/partitions and some options at the bottom. Click on each partition and select "Delete" until you are left with one Partition of "Unallocated Space".
  • Click the partition and select "New" at the bottom, then click "Apply".
  • Windows will then create all the partitions it needs to function, click on the partition with largest file size and select next.
  • Finish the installation.
  • Install the drivers you downloaded.
  • Reboot the computer.
  • Install the programs you want.
  • Reboot the computer.
  • Copy over the data you wanted to keep.

Back
Top Bottom