Linux Terraria failing to fully close

On Linux, I am having problems with Terraria failing to close all of the way. When I close it, a single process remains running, and I am unable to start Terraria back up as a result of that. But if I force-kill that remaining process, Steam will not recognize the game as closed, and the only thing I can do is to close and restart steam.

And of course, Steam gives me a prompt about waiting for Terraria to close, so I have to wait for it to light up the button that lets me close it anyways.

What distro are you running? I've never encountered this across the various ones I've used since Terraria launched on Linux.

What distro are you running? I've never encountered this across the various ones I've used since Terraria launched on Linux.

I'm using Manjaro Linux, which is a derivative of Arch Linux. Though, what I've found is that Terraria does fully close after a minute, so the problem is closing and re-opening it too soon. I've also seen it freezing briefly when I close it.

However, I probably should have realized and mentioned this before, but I am using tmodloader with a bunch of mods. So whatever is going on is possibly a result of a misbehaving mod.

I'm using Manjaro Linux, which is a derivative of Arch Linux. Though, what I've found is that Terraria does fully close after a minute, so the problem is closing and re-opening it too soon. I've also seen it freezing briefly when I close it.

However, I probably should have realized and mentioned this before, but I am using tmodloader with a bunch of mods. So whatever is going on is possibly a result of a misbehaving mod.
Yeah, I'd assume this is due to a mod with poor code not finishing up properly - if you could test with vanilla Terraria that'd be helpful!

Back
Top Bottom