Terraria File issue

Toasty Engineer

Skeletron
My Characters and Worlds got corrupted after a few minutes, when i validated my files(Multiple times) it said i was missing 1 File, is there anybody that could help me with this? Thank you for whoever responds to this.

unknown.png

This will happen every time you will attempt to verify the game. Generally it is totally OK to have 1 or 2 files fail to validate. For the rest of the text: "and will be reacquired" has always made me think that the game will recover these files once you successfully relaunch the game. If it makes you feel better about this situation, my personal download works entirely fine, but if I verify the files, this 1 file will also fail to validate on my side of things.

Involving your file corruption, I would suspect it would be due to the save process being interrupted. The way you phrased this makes me believe that it is a consistent issue. If it is truly consistent, I would suggest ensuring that Terraria actually has access to these files by doing your classic troubleshooting methods:

1) Running the program as administrator.
2) Running the program in compatibility mode (I have found that windows 8 works just fine for compatibility mode settings).
3) Allowing Terraria as an exception to your firewalls and/or anti-viruses
4) Possibly disabling these programs.

Of course it could not be blocked directly, if this is the case, may want to consider not using cloud save, and always leaving the game through the save and exit option.

Question: What will Running it as administrator even do if i may know? Oh and how do i do option 2 and 3?

Last edited:
1. Launch the game as administrator, this can be done by going to this location:
, and right clicking the file called Terraria.exe (Has a tree icon), and selecting the option near the top.
2. Change compatibility mode to Windows 8, this can be done similarly to the statement above but press properties after right clicking the file > compatibility > and change the compatibility mode to Windows 8.
3. If you were unable to do both of above, try ensuring that your account actually has the permission to launch the game, this can be done by going to properties > Security > Then edit your permissions to all of the selectables (probably need to get permission if this is not technically your computer).

As for the firewall/antivirus ones, each one is different that knowing how to do every one is impossible. May need to research that part.

Edit: Holy :red: that GIF was huge, I threw it in a spoiler.

Hello again, This helped be and i was able to play it for a long time, and now it just wont open anymore i've tried Running as Administrator,Uninstalling Re-Installing, Verifying integrity of the files i just don't know what's wrong i did recently did delete the Config.json.

Back
Top Bottom