1. ComixTheNoob

ComixTheNoob King Slime

Okay now im on a hype train

2. SpectreFKD

SpectreFKD Headless Horseman

HYPE! :) Can't wait to give this a try

3. Azu

Azu Retinazer

That sounds really cool! Still wish the nub had some functionality.

4. Outlaw

Outlaw Eye of Cthulhu

I am buying a 3DS just for this game. God has looked upon you with favor Redigit.:red:

5. Termina Moon

Termina Moon Terrarian

This is great news! The only game good enough to stop me playing Monster Hunter!

6. Jetstream ∞

Jetstream ∞ Cultist

This is pretty cool news. Although, I'm kind of disappointed that this version is $20 and doesn't have online multiplayer. You can literally buy any other version with online multiplayer for less cash. But eh, still happy to see Terraria grow, regardless

Kalifox and Termina Moon like this.
  7. Matsu

Matsu Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well, this has made Christmas shopping a fair bit easier.

8. Wow, Christmas came early! Apparently it's on the 10th now.....

9. AnarchyBlues

AnarchyBlues Terrarian

Consoles should really have their own news feed...

10. Azu

Azu Retinazer

"3DS"
    *talks about consoles*
    The 3DS will probably be it's own thing.

11. AnarchyBlues

AnarchyBlues Terrarian

I know what I said.

12. Spectra

Spectra Skeletron Prime

In Family Gamer TV's first video showing an earlier build of Terraria for 3DS, you can catch a glimpse of the controls at 21s, which indicates that the C-stick 'peeks' the camera. While I don't have any evidence as to what this means exactly, I imagine camera peeking to be similar to what A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes do with the D-Pad (with the latter allowing the same with the C-Stick, as well), in which the camera pans in the direction you're pressing, with full intensity putting your character at the edge of the screen opposite where you're peeking towards. This is an assumption, however, and from what I know there's no official word on what camera peeking is in Terraria for 3DS. This video is also of a much earlier build, and thus could be outdated.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    Azu likes this.
  13. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

14. GIRGHGH

GIRGHGH Golem

GLORIOUS!!! LOVELY!!! SUB-DIVINE!!!

15. Fury

Fury Lunatic Cultist

My birthday is the 7th. I'm going to have to steal my nephew's 3DS for awhile. hahaha

16. I'm surprised no one has made mention of this, but what the fudge is wrong with the sound effects? In the trailer, the block placing sound is replaced by the weapon swing sound. And the fire flower sound is used for things like the Chlorophyte crystal and Plantera's thorns, and weirdest of all, the item pickup sound is now the hornet's stinger sound?! Are these the actual in-game sounds? Or were they edited in afterwards?

17. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

That one I can answer!

3DS video capture (at least the one they used) doesn't also grab the in-game sound. So it had to be cobbled together in the trailer. We had them fix a handful of them, but some made it past. Sorry about that - the in game sounds should be just fine though. :)

Kalifox, DarkWolf658, Spectra and 2 others like this.
  18. Ah, alright. Just making sure. Thanks for the answer.

19. ahamling27

ahamling27 Official Terrarian

Looks great! But I think I'll wait for the physical copy. Love to put the box on my shelf with my other Terraria goodies! :D

DarkWolf658 and Safeman like this.
  20. Grand Paladin Tyrux

Grand Paladin Tyrux Official Terrarian

I gotta say, the animations you guys use in your trailers when not showing gameplay are really, really cool. I definitely think I'll have to buy this game at some point. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.