3DS Terraria for 3DS Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can already hear the lamentations of the left-handed kids who have to try and move with the D-Pad while mining with the stylus.

Looks like a cool way to handle the game with two screens, though.

Left handed people won't get mirrored keyboards or controllers so I guess it is somewhat the same. Well, using the stylus on the "wrong" hand might be a problem but that is 3DS' fault, not our great developers'.

Left handed people won't get mirrored keyboards or controllers so I guess it is somewhat the same. Well, using the stylus on the "wrong" hand might be a problem but that is 3DS' fault, not our great developers'.
There'll probably be an "inverted controls" option that lets you use ABXY for movement.

will it have online multiplayer or just local?

4 player local play. No online for launch.

Which version of the game is it? 1.2.0, 1.2.4, or 1.3.0?

1.2 plus fishing, minecarts and a few 1.3 UI tweaks.

Hahaha. YES now I can play in my mobile and 3ds at the same timw XD.
Byt what's so 3d about a 2d game? XD

There's no 3D in this version. We decided to keep all the processing power to make the main 2D game work as well as possible. The amount of 3D you can get into a 2D game isn't great imo, so that feature was left on the cutting room floor.

Would there be any use for the C-nub though? You could have non-touch controls on a New 3Ds with it.
The N 3DS has
Two shoulder buttons
D pad
Two "control sticks"
Four buttons
Start and select.
The Console control scheme could be implemented as well on a New 3ds, if it isn't present.

We use it for camera peek. The useability of the C-nub isn't good enough to offer the console-style twin stick layour using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! It is really great to see Terraria growing and getting released on more and more consoles!
Although I don't have a Nintendo 3DS, I am really excited! And it even looks beautiful!
I really like that each platform of Terraria has a bit different gameplay, graphics etc., and this makes
the series very original and amazing! :)

My friend owns a European 3DS and I have a North American 3DS. Will we be able to play locally together?
Yes.
The 3DS (and all systems in the family) allow for local wireless and online with all regions. However cartridges are region locked, so a US retail copy won't run on his DS and vice versa.

There'll probably be an "inverted controls" option that lets you use ABXY for movement.
I highly doubt that. Contrary to your current belief, the D-pad does not provide movement, only the Circle Pad. As can be seen at the 21s mark of Family Gamer TV's first gameplay video of an earlier build of Terraria, the D-pad is mapped to manual cursor aiming (admittedly this build is quite outdated and the facts may have changed since then, but there's been no report of such).

The Circle Pad provides both movement and general aiming, similar to the twin stick configuration present on other consoles, but mapped to a single stick. Pressing the Circle Pad in a direction slightly will aim a reticle in that direction, but won't move your character. Pressing the Circle Pad in fully (or at least nearly so) will both move and aim you in your desired direction. In addition, the X button can be pressed to lock-on to a specific enemy until it perishes or X is pressed again in order to aim and move in opposite directions simultaneously. This setup is designed to be the main way in which one aims during most situations, such as combat and general exploration, with use of the D-pad and touch screen reserved for situations requiring precision, such as building. It's entirely possible for one to mine using the general Circle Pad aim.

In referring to the Circle Pad setup again, this means that radial depth is required for this control scheme to function in this version of Terraria. If movement was rebound to X/Y/A/B, then general aiming would be impossible.

Hey guys let's do one more thing : cross platform between all consoles ! :D
(and with pc and smartphone when it will be uptaded)

It would be the most played game EVER !

I might as well ask. I know not all of the 1.3 content will be available at launch. I'm okay with waiting.
But is there anything that you believe WILL NOT make it into this version? Is there something that you think will be impossible to put into this port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom