3DS Terraria for 3DS Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Excited! But can't get it on eshop :( I don't have enough space XD

I'm going through a "no Terraria phase", but this might get me out of it!

It looked like I saw 13 item slots? The standard 10 slots never seem like enough on the PC, and that problem only gets improved on a port for a (no offense to 3DS fans, I'm one too) technically inferior platform? I don't even care if they don't have associated number hotkeys, I want more slots too! Way more slots.

...Whatever, hopefully Otherworld will improve Terraria's problems in that regard even moreso. Really hopefully, because that stuff is what I want improved the most. Storage and hotbar swapping and such is the only part of Terraria I get sick of. If a mere 3DS port can come up with ways to make that less of a pain, than surely an entirely new game from the ground up can do even better.
What you're referring to it not the hotbar. That's the custom HUD made for Precision Mode, which is when the touch screen is used to precisely build or destroy structures. It is not intended for general play, which is when you would use the interface shown in the other screenshot, the touchscreen with a green background and 10 slots (the hotbar).

On the left side of the Precision Mode interface is a collection of the best of each type tool in your inventory, with the top-left slot being the weapon last equipped when Precision Mode was accessed. Tapping the weapon slot while it's already equipped will cycle through all of the weapons in your inventory. This allows you to fight off pests that may go after you while you're trying to build or destroy something precisely. On the right side is a scrollible list of all of the building materials in your inventory, in which, as a bottle and ore are visible in the list in the screenshot posted, it would seem the term "building material" includes anything that can be placed down in the world as an object.

Loki you just saved me £135!
hey Chippygamer,
you should make a new serie about the 3DS version
latest
tumblr_mjq2i6RR5z1qc3lpmo1_250.gif

What you're referring to it not the hotbar. That's the custom HUD made for Precision Mode, which is when the touch screen is used to precisely build or destroy structures. It is not intended for general play, which is when you would use the interface shown in the other screenshot, the touchscreen with a green background and 10 slots (the hotbar).

On the left side of the Precision Mode interface is a collection of the best of each type tool in your inventory, with the top-left slot being the weapon last equipped when Precision Mode was accessed. Tapping the weapon slot while it's already equipped will cycle through all of the weapons in your inventory. This allows you to fight off pests that may go after you while you're trying to build or destroy something precisely. On the right side is a scrollible list of all of the building materials in your inventory, in which, as a bottle and ore are visible in the list in the screenshot posted, it would seem the term "building material" includes anything that can be placed down in the world as an object.

Oh, thanks for the explanation, that isn't quite what I assumed after all. Instead, it seems like an even bigger improvement to general inventory management convenience. I got soooo sick of constantly swapping building materials in and out of my hotbar when building and decorating my last base. So my main sentiment hasn't really changed - Terraria sorely needs more convenient inventory management and item usage, and it kinda bugs me that only ports seem to put much effort into that. That oldschool barebones hotbar system it went with may have done the job in FPS type games twenty years ago, but we can and should do better now. Console games seem to put way more effort into conveniently doing a lot of things/accessing a lot of items/etc with just a standard controller than PC games usually do with their control options.

What frame rate is it capped at? I am not expecting 60 and it is fine if there are occasional drops but if it runs at 20 like snake eater 3d then I will be upset.

What frame rate is it capped at? I am not expecting 60 and it is fine if there are occasional drops but if it runs at 20 like snake eater 3d then I will be upset.
I'm expecting something higher than 30 but lower than 60, they probably want a relatively high framerate while not prioritizing keeping it at 60. That's just a guess though.

I just got Terraria console version (after all the other editions) and then I got a 3DS, and now this?
I haven't even played the Console version very much yet!~:confused:

i have a 2ds XD
Same, the 3D feature gave me a headache when I tried a 3DS, so I went for the 2DS. Thankfully, because of the larger SD cards 2DS's carry, I should be able to download the game...unless I put too many songs and games on there. Maybe I have, because when I tried to download SSB4 it wouldn't let me, so I had to get retail...

Anyone know how much space Terraria will take? I have extra SD Cards ready just in case. ;)

Why didn't you just not use the 3D instead of moving on to another device?
The 2DS is cheaper, so if you do not care for any other model-exclusive features (such as the clamshell design, the larger screens of the XL models, or the additional power of the New models), then it makes logical sense financially speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom