Console Terraria for consoles

Jamz

Official Terrarian
Dont you guys think it would be cool if the terraria devs could make some type of programs for turning pc terraria into console versions like updates for 3ds, wii u, xbox, etc

3ds, wii you, Xbox 360, and the ps3 aren’t going to get anything above 1.2, they’ve said because of the limits on the systems and the ui etc, so I don’t really think they are goons get updated
But if you are talking about content like ocram, etc, it was never on pc they got rid of it for the parity, ocram and the others were never meaning to be what they wanted to in fact they didn’t make them. But there is a mod called consolaria for adding those in

Turning PC terraria into console? When console gets 1.4, they’ll be identical, with the lack of mods and different controls

Dont you guys think it would be cool if the terraria devs could make some type of programs for turning pc terraria into console versions like updates for 3ds, wii u, xbox, etc
In a way they are working on that. Currently the developer DR (a separate team from the one working on the pc version) is working on bringing the latest pc version of Terraria to other platforms. They are already done with Mobile (although it will need to be updated to 1.4.1 which they will do later). Now they are working on PS4/XboxOne, and Switch after that. The newest consoles PS5/XboxSeries should be able to play those as well.

For the older platforms like 3DS and Wii U, there will not be any further updates. They are not powerful enough to handle the newer versions of the game. It's unfortunate but that's how it is.

Well the only versions i have are 3ds and wii u XD Im soon buying it on steam but it would be nice to atleast see more content or change how multiplayer works on the 3ds because i have no local friends with a 3ds or terraria 3ds so im basically always alone because i have a physical copy my friend gave me. (he cared more about the new switch)

If you have access to a pc that can play Terraria, then that is probably the best option for you. You can buy it either on Steam or GOG and the game is often on sale (1/2 price) several times a year. If you get the Steam version you will need Internet access, as Steam itself acts as a form of online DRM that checks that you are authorized to use it. You can play while offline but only for a limited time and you need to put Steam in offline mode. GOG doesn't have this limitation, but generally gets updated a bit later than the Steam version. Also for other games GOG have a slightly different library, with more older games. Newer games are either not released on GOG (there's exceptions), or are released later on.

If you wish to play on the go, then only the Mobile version (currently 1.4.0) or Switch (currently 1.3.5) are viable options. The older 3DS version (a mix based on older Mobile 1.2.x) won't get updated any further simply because the hardware can't handle it. It has already been maxed out. Unfortunately they weren't able to take it all the way to 1.2.4, so instead they picked pieces here and there. It also doesn't support dyes/paint because the graphics hardware in the 3DS is too limited. For that to work it needs to have something called pixel shader. There's something similar in the 3DS, but it's not capable enough.

Wii U is in a slightly different boat, being slightly more capable than PS3/Xbox360. It might have been possible to push it a bit further using the old Terraria foundations developed by Engine. But that would have cost more than it was worth and caused delays in the development for newer consoles. Ultimately it wasn't worth it.

Now both the 3DS and the Wii U has been discontinued. Nintendo no longer supports them, so it doesn't make any sense to continue updating them. The Switch is the successor for both, as it can be used both as a handheld and stationary gaming device.

anyways other than updates how can i get the mechanic's fishing rod and the roman candle (are they even obtainable on the 3ds?)

i looked at that but i still can find any of them during Christmas the demolitionist does not sell the roman candle and in hard mode having angler present in a waning crescent moon the mechanic does not sell the fishing rod, so...

Back
Top Bottom