Official Terraria for Mac & Linux In Development!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they can realise it soon, i'm can't wait to be able to play again ( Bottling sucks, my map doesn't work)

Would either of those ports happen to be using the FNA Framework, which is a well maintained fork of the original MonoGame? It no longer uses the buggy OpenTK framework, and just uses SDL 2 pretty much everywhere. With that, it should definitely be possible to build once for all platforms, once a working XNA port has been ported over to FNA. Of course, that does not include any per-port specialization that may be necessary, such as save locations, or even UI additions.

At least it sure beats the old MonoGame, which had a separate source tree and thus separate frameworks for every platform.

If I buy terraria during the sale, will I still be able to re-download it through my Mac?

Once 1.3, the update that includes mac and linux (thats how I remember it, may've changed, I'll check the wiki in a min) then you should be able to download terraria for mac, assuming you've bought terraria.

That said, 1.3 isn't out yet nor is there a release date set.

Any news on how this is going? Badly? Wonderfully? Slowly? Rapidly? Hungry for some news on either console or Mac development. Eager for new mechanics/features.

Nothing has changed in regards to plans here - availability around the time of 1.3.

We will update with more specifics at a later date. :)

So it's official that Mac and Linux will be getting Terraria? :joy:
It's been for a while now. We should be getting the equivalent of PC, and that means we'll (most likely) have 1.3 when the Mac/Linux version is released. Unless something goes wrong and we get stuck with 1.2.4.1.

@Loki ,please support Chinese Language in mac/linux when 1.3 version come out,the ios version already supported,but it have some font bug.

I'm wondering, will the mac port of terraria be available on the mac app store??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom